It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2010, 10:01 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User
Now what....

Hi all,

Went for a physical today. Just the normal routine physical.
Found out a few things. As the doctor shook my hand she then grabbed it and said you fingers are real cold...then looked at my hands and said they are real blotchy too. Then she said has anyone ever spoke to you about Raynauds Disease? She said I have it!

Then I am also borderline with my Thyroid too. Have to be retested in 4 months.

But this Raynods..anyone know anything about it?

Old 05-27-2010, 12:32 PM   #2
(female)

HOTFLASHIN HB User
Re: Now what....

Nope....sorry! But it's very disheartening to hear that one more thing is wrong isn't it???? I'm sure you've done some research by now. Let us know how it goes!

Hugs,

Pam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2010, 12:49 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB User

I have Raynaud's syndrome. It basically is cold hands and a circulatory issue. Sometimes the blood will flow into the hands quickly and they will turn blue. I would suggest that you google it. It is fairly common in Fibro patients. I probably have had it a lot longer than the Fibro as I have had cold hands most if not all of my life.

Pam

Old 05-27-2010, 01:13 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

I also have it - and as Pam says it's very common in people with fibro - in winter I wear 2 pairs of gloves and am usually OK then - just be careful putting your hands into freezers in supermarkets etc Mine appears when it's really cold and my tips of my fingers go white!

Old 05-27-2010, 01:37 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User

I also have it. I can't hold cold things in my hands. My fingers turn white and then go numb. Takes a bit of time to warm them up. I also have to wear heavy gloves in winter. It is very common with Fibro. Sorry to hear it's been added to your list too.
Stay low pain all,
Cat:0)

Old 05-27-2010, 08:09 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

I have it in my hands, feet and my nose. Sometimes my hands turn black. If I run warm water over them, it helps bring them back to normal. When I have surgery I always tell the doctors and nurses. They wrap me in extra blankets. One time I forgot to say anything and after surgery my one hand was black. They called the dr out of another surgery to check me out. I was coherent enough to tell him I had reynauds.
I do keep gloves in my car, but access to heat either warm water or hair dryer will take care of it. Keeping my nose warm is a tad harder. Thankfully it doesn't change colors.

Old 05-28-2010, 03:30 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User

Hi all !!

Thanks for the replies!!

Well I see it is common with this Fibromonster and I am not the only one dealing with this.

I gues this explains why my toes also tend to turn a purple color..huh..

I tell yah you get to the point when you get nervous to walk in the the docs office for a routine physical. I also found out, most probably have an issue with my Thyroid. My TSH test came back broderline and have to be tested again as well as the Guidelines for Diabetes has changed. I am pre-diabetic but I didnt think that bad, but now if your A1C is 6.3 and higher you HAVE diabetes... (the guidelines used to be 6.7 and higher)mine is 6.2 so they increased my metformin...ugh

Oh well....what are yah gonna do....
I think I will just enjoy my holiday weekend as much as possible!!!

I hope everyone out there will enjoy theirs!!!

XOXO

Closed Thread