It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2010, 09:51 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User
Unhappy Anyone get terrible thigh pain?

Hi Everyone, I just wanted to know if anyone ever gets SEVERE thigh pain? Mine is on the outside of my right thigh right at the top and kind of radiates down about 4-6 inches. Its just awful and seems to be getting worse.

It wakes me up during the night when I roll over and I am a side sleeper. The other leg has it a little bit. Once I'm up and walking a while like when I walk the dogs it will let up some but then when I sit back down and rest and then get back up its like an 8 on the pain scale!!!

I've talked to my PM doc about it and he doesn't know what it is. Anyone have any suggestions? I've tried stretches.

Thanks,

CJ

The following user gives a hug of support to noevr:
Tulsey (08-06-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2010, 11:44 AM   #2
(female)

Wishful Thinkin HB User
Re: Anyone get terrible thigh pain?

Hi sorry to hear your pain scale is at an 8.
First let me say to make sure you dont have a blood clot.

I have a similar issue in many spots of my legs and yes the thighs.
I suggest going to get a deep tissue massage and telling them to focus on your legs.
It will hurt and you may need to hold you breath but in the end it is worth it.
Maybe take a pain killer and then go for the massage.
I go to a place with asians and they have been better than any place I ever went. You can try to massage it yourself but trust me it wont help. I even bought a $200.00 massager and it didnt compare to the deep tissue.
I think the issue lies with the spot where the muscle tissue connects to the bone so you need somebody to get in there and work it out.
Let me know if this worked.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2010, 05:16 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

ebrena HB Userebrena HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by no34evr View Post

Hi Everyone, I just wanted to know if anyone ever gets SEVERE thigh pain? Mine is on the outside of my right thigh right at the top and kind of radiates down about 4-6 inches. Its just awful and seems to be getting worse.

It wakes me up during the night when I roll over and I am a side sleeper. The other leg has it a little bit. Once I'm up and walking a while like when I walk the dogs it will let up some but then when I sit back down and rest and then get back up its like an 8 on the pain scale!!!

I've talked to my PM doc about it and he doesn't know what it is. Anyone have any suggestions? I've tried stretches.

Thanks,

CJ
No4-wow! I could wrote your post myself. I am having upper thigh pain too. Mine is mid thigh hurts on the outside and cuts across to the front. It kills walking up and down the stairs, so I walk on step with both all the way up & down. When I am in bed I can't lie on that side, feels like I've been stabbed and it is really bothering me. Getting up out of a chair and walking I look like I'm a crippled old woman & I'm not. I think I am having an all out fibro flare. I had a bad fall in November and dislocated my shoulder and blew on the hamstring on my right leg--but this pain is on my left. My arm is still not healed because when I dislocated it, the shoulder dropped down about 4" taking down nerves and tendons. When the DR's put my shoulder back in, along with it they clamped in nerves and tendons. So with this awful injury my fibro shot in full force every day a different area, this thigh pain has been going on for a couple weeks-I put it down to a flare. Does yours kill walking up and down the stairs?

The following user gives a hug of support to ebrena:
Tulsey (08-06-2011)
Old 05-28-2010, 07:06 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

@Wish,

You're right, I'd have to have a pain med before going in for a massage right now. That area normally feels bruised anyways, just from fibro! As long as the masseuse starts off slow and then gets in there harder I'm good. My problem is it comes back full force the next day.

@Ebrena

No I don't have a problem with stairs. Mine is usually after I've been up and then I sit back down then get back up again. I forgot I had an @home ultrasound machine I'm gonna give that a try.

Yours is probably from limping off that other leg. So try not to limp. I think that's where mine started originally and now I can't get it to calm down.

THanks yall...CJ

Old 06-01-2010, 12:06 PM   #5
(female)

emeadows HB Useremeadows HB User

My right leg is worse than my left. I use a heating pad set on low. I am amazed at how well it works after a couple days. I have issues with steps and walking when my thigh decides to give me trouble. I have resorted to using a cane if I must be up and moving around. It does help. Also, try a pillow between your thighs at night. Just a throw pillow does help take some of the pressure off. Especially if it is the inside of your thigh.

Best of luck!

The following user gives a hug of support to emeadows:
Tulsey (08-06-2011)
Old 08-06-2011, 10:46 PM   #6
(female)

Tulsey HB User

Hi,
Did you recover from this pain?
I am having the same pain like you have.
I am going to physio with acupuncture. Just started.

Old 08-07-2011, 05:35 AM   #7
(female)

emeadows HB Useremeadows HB User

I still get major pain in both my thighs now. My muscle spasms have increased. The lump I did have has gone away. I have new lumps on my ankles and arms. I don't think it ever will completely go away.

Old 08-07-2011, 06:08 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User

Oh gee, your poor girl. I have had this pain in the past and it is a doozy. When I had it in my right leg, I couldn't even lift that leg to press the gas pedal in my car. When I talked to my FMS doctor about this, he told me the following: The muscles in your thigh a large. When you go through FMS cycles in this area, the pain can be very bad because of the large muscles. So, if this is similar to what I have gone through in the past, I would say you are having an FMS flare in this region and it should dissipate like all cycles do. These cycles come and they go. But I know this is difficult.

Kirstee

Old 08-08-2011, 01:25 PM   #9
(female)

TessaAnne HB UserTessaAnne HB UserTessaAnne HB UserTessaAnne HB UserTessaAnne HB UserTessaAnne HB User

Yes I am having a lot of thigh pain lately-I whipped out my heating pad and tried that this morning. Having a very bad day today-knee is killing me.

The following user gives a hug of support to TessaAnne:
Tulsey (08-08-2011)
Old 08-08-2011, 03:08 PM   #10
(female)

chicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB User

Yes, I have thigh pain. Sometimes it's my worst place. A heating pad or a heat beanbag help me a little.

I have to be careful what kinds of shoes I wear. I am amazed that if I wear the wrong pair, it sets me into a terrible flare. The pain can get to an 8 and hurt in my hips just from that.

Old 08-08-2011, 04:22 PM   #11
(female)

ld1129 HB Userld1129 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicabella View Post

I have to be careful what kinds of shoes I wear. I am amazed that if I wear the wrong pair, it sets me into a terrible flare. The pain can get to an 8 and hurt in my hips just from that.
Sigh, I miss high heels which I have not been able to wear in over a year

Old 08-08-2011, 08:33 PM   #12
(female)

Tulsey HB User

I went for physio on Friday for the first time for this problem. I had IMS (intramuscular stimulation) similar to acupuncture. I was told to put heat on my back and a couple of exercises to do at home. It has done wonders in just one trip for physio.
Try this and also check out the web for IMS.

Closed Thread