It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2010, 08:56 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
Mobic doesn't work if I smoke

hey everyone.. how are you all doing?

i smoked cigarettes for 22 years ending at 3 packs a day and quit on new years. it was one of the worst experiences that I had to go through with anxiety and depression (i went to having suicidal thoughts after I quit). but my doctor put me on Lexapro so I was able to continue not smoking. the stuff was great. i have really had to avoid being around anyone who smokes. but this past weekend when we went to visit my brother and my son came in to visit from the army, it all went poohooee where they smoke. i was hyperventilating and my body was achy all over and especially my chest, the anxiety attacks were so bad, i cried.

I started smoking 1 or 2 on Friday, and now I am smoking a pack & half a day. Started taking Chantix 4 days ago hoping to quit again. I don't really want to quit but the problem is the Mobic my doctor put me on for my Fibro "arthritic" pain does not work when I smoke. Mobic gives me enough energy to stay out of bed, move around, get my housework done, get out of the house occassionally, it really works. I was diagnosed with Fibro about 10 years ago and I have had CFS for 13 years and I haven't been responsive to any medication but this one. It however does no good whatsover as long as I am puffing on a cigarette because that makes me so tired, I don't want to move. Maybe that is why medications didn't work before, because I was smoking so much?? Who knows.

I do plan on following the Chantix directions and quit within a week, maybe sooner if I can handle it. I can't hardly go it without smoking, I have smoked for so long. But I have to quit again, I cannot live with the way it makes me feel.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2010, 09:07 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User
Re: Mobic doesn't work if I smoke

Hi Neveragain!!

I am proud that you did stop for sometime for the new year!
Don't be discouraged that you went back. It is NOT easy!!

This August will be 2years ciggerette free for me.

Honestly, I do not like the smell of it anymore YET when I am realy upset I will crave one..go figure....

You CAN quit again!! I know the ciggerette smoke bothers my Fibro too. You CAN DO IT!! Use the Chantix hopefully it will help you!!

You need to vent we are here sweetie!!!!!!

Old 05-29-2010, 10:31 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
Re: Mobic doesn't work if I smoke

After 2 years you still crave them, OMG. That is awful! I decided to go ahead and quit today when I run out (I have like 6 left). I will definetly be wanting to boohoo.

I did a google search and it says cigs make Fibro worse. I can vouge for that.

Closed Thread