It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2010, 07:17 AM   #1
(female)

HOTFLASHIN HB User
Cymbalta, Savella now Lyrica --- Whoa!

O.K., so I was on Cymbalta for several months and at first it helped with the fibro pain and then the pain relief went way down, like more than 50%. So my doc put me on Savella. After a couple of months it offered me almost total pain relief and all of the side affects had subsided and it was wonderful. Then I ended up in ICU for four days with a short interval v-tach and the Cardiologists thought that the Savella was contributing because it was making my BP higher so they took me off of it. I was on nothing for six weeks until my next Doc appointment. BTW, the Cardiologist said my heart is fine now.

So....my doc agreed that it was not a good idea for me to be on the Savella and he put me on Lyrica. This is the start of the 5th day I have been on it, so I haven't noticed any pain relief yet, I know I need to give it a while.

Who has experience with Lyrica? I am scared about the weight gain. I am counter-acting that possibility with a low carb diet and exercise. I may not lose any weight (or maybe I will) but I sure don't want to gain any!!! Also, has anyone experienced fibro pain relief on Lyrica?

I guess I've run the gamut now of all of the fibro meds?

Wow.

Hugs,

Pam

Old 06-01-2010, 08:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB User
Re: Cymbalta, Savella now Lyrica --- Whoa!

I have been on Lyrica for 3 years and it has helped me tremendously. It did not take all the pain away but about 60% or so. Cymbalta was added and I was almost pain free but it made me sleepy so Savella was added and it does little for pain but has given me energy. I am now on Lyrica 75mg 3x per day, Savella 50 mg 2 x per day and Cymbalta 30 mg at night and I am pretty much pain free. I use hyrocodone for break thru pain once in awhile. I have also cut out sugar and white bread and pasta and it has cut down on pain really well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2010, 04:14 AM   #3
(female)

Ariadne3 HB User

Lyrica has nearly destroyed my life! I consider it deadly poison.

It significantly increased all my fibro symptoms, including depression. Have been off it for nearly 2 weeks, after a long period of tapering, and the effects of stopping are as bad as the side effects, including a profound deepening of depression and sense of isolation.

Before considering Lyrica, google Dr. Scott S. Reuben.

Old 06-06-2010, 05:20 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

elle45 HB Userelle45 HB Userelle45 HB User

Bad experience with Lyrica. I blew up like a balloon and my eye sight was terrible. It made everything very blurry. I couldn't drive at all and I have two children so I am pretty much a chauffeur. Savella gave me HBP and anxiety and made me sweat terribly. I have been taking cymbalta for about 6 months and it helped for a while, now not so much and I also gained weight on this. I go to a new Dr. the end of the month so we will see what he says.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:17 AM   #5
(female)

HOTFLASHIN HB User

Thanks guys! I appreciate your responses. I have noticed the blurry vision already. I am on a diet where I do not eat any processed foods, no sugar, no breads or pasta. I am back at my doc in less than a month, so I will discuss everything with him.

I have noticed that my back and legs are more sore and my feet are swelling. I am so tired of trying all of these medicines only to have nothing work.

Thanks again for the replies.

Hugs,

Pam

Closed Thread