It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2010, 11:15 AM   #1
(female)

fibrofoggie HB User
I am a broken shell

I called the SSA yestyerday to check on my claim and I was told that I should be getting a letter this week. He said that the judge had ruled unfavorable and the letter would explain everything. I completely broke doen on the phone, I couldn't get a word out I just cried and cried. I can't take anymore pain and letdown, I have finally had enough. I am so scared I don't know what to do next. To start over from the begining is such an overwhelming thing to even think about.

All the pain I have everyday and all the dissappointment I cause my family because of that pain and now this. Our family needed the ss pay and the back pay to get caught up financially. Now we may loose everything.

I know, my dr's know, and my family knows that I cannot hold down any type of job. I can't even be a proper mrother to my little boys nor a helpful wife to my husband. WHAT DO THEY WANT FROM ME?????

I need some advise please....I can't function, I am so lost and broken my fight is gone.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User
Re: I am a broken shell

HI fibrofoggie - I really feel for you - and understand you'll feel upset/angry/disappointed etc right now. I don't know how things work over in the states but I know several people on this board have successfully appealed. I guess first step needs to be to find out why you were unsuccessful and then put the wheels in place to appeal with a strategy to counteract whatever their rationale was. Are there people who can support you in your appeal? - I know there are others here who can point you in the right direction.
Your family I'm sure aren't disappointed in you and you I'm sure a great mother and wife - none of us are ever the people who we used to be - I bet you're really compassionate with others and a great listener - something most people without fibro aren't
We're all here for you x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2010, 01:37 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User

Your message is a heartfelt, painful message. I totally understand your hopelessness. Keep your fight though, and don't give up or give in. Out there somewhere is the answer to your plight. For me, it was finding the right doctor and the right meds that cured the FMS running rampant in my body. I came across a poem I had written at the height of my condition, and the title was "Twisted Sister". Oh boy, it brought me back to those years of feeling so twisted and broken.

If you can manage, try to read Teitlebaum's book "From Fatigued to Fantastic" and St. Amand's book "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia." There are some good answers in those two books.

Kirstee

Old 06-03-2010, 06:44 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

get an attorney if you don't have one and file that appeal. i had one and it made it all much easier. got it on the first try. my shrink wrote the best letter and i know her words were the magic ones that got me a yes. she said while my body could work my mind could not handle the stress of simple daily things, like work.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 06-03-2010, 01:56 PM   #5
(female)

fibrofoggie HB User

Thank you all for your kind advice. I do have a Rep. company (not actually a lawyer) I am hoping they keep me on and I don't have to start over again. I can't go on for another 3 years. Only time will tell.

Old 06-06-2010, 12:29 PM   #6
(female)

chicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB User

I am sorry for you and your pain. I understand. Work is really hard for me. It's just soooo difficult.
Bluelake, thank you for the advice. I will be going down the same route and want to do it the smartest I can.

Closed Thread