It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2010, 05:30 PM   #1
(female)

Wootton HB UserWootton HB UserWootton HB UserWootton HB UserWootton HB User
My Finger Hurts!

My index finger on my right hand has gotten more and more painful since we got home from vacation last weekend. Yes, I'm right handed and its my mouse hand. I had no pain in it whatsoever before leaving on vacation. I had minimal access to a computer while we were away. I'm wondering if that rest did more harm than good. It already feels like its been hurting forever and will never stop, like everything else. The whole finger, joints, spaces between, right up into my hand - is very stiff and very painful. My wrist doesn't hurt at all though so it isn't referring pain to or from elsewhere.

The doctor suggested heat and if that doesn't work a cortisone shot; I don't think so pal, no needles in my fingers thank you very much.

So I guess I'm off to soak my finger. Ouch.

Don't you just love FM? A new pain to look forward to now and then; how comforting!

Old 06-15-2010, 06:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User
Re: My Finger Hurts!

Ouch !!

Wondering if the soaking has helped your finger or has it worsened ?

Hope all is better now
BeHappy2

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2010, 10:17 AM   #3
(female)

Wootton HB UserWootton HB UserWootton HB UserWootton HB UserWootton HB User
Re: My Finger Hurts!

Thanks BeHappy.

It's acting like most FM chronic pains - sometimes worse sometimes just a little stiff and sore. Using heat didn't do much, so I've been using my anti-inflammatory cream at night, pulling on and massaging each finger as I rub it in, but especially that one finger. Also, every time I use regular hand cream throughout the day I also massage the finger quite a bit. So far the pain and stiffness is lessened quite a bit sometimes and other times almost the same. So it does feel better, but not much.

My husband (the expert) keeps saying that I must have banged it or hurt it some way - yes, I'm terribly forgetful, but I know I'd remember hurting my finger for it to hurt that bad, and besides, there's no bruising or swelling. Come to think of it, I did have some unexplained bruising between the knuckles of that finger and the one next to it a couple of months before this cropped up.

Oh well, I'll just keep working on it, something's bound to give sooner or later - either my finger or the pain. At least with the flexibility massaging I can keep typing and mousing okay.

Closed Thread