It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2010, 08:00 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User
tissue swelling anyone?

I have had fibro for many many moons but it seems to be taking on a life of its own. I probably have a mixed connective tissue disease, have sicca syndrome but my new rheumotologist says the fibro is just getting worse. My throat swells, I feel like someone is choking me. Drs have observed the vein in my neck protruding and it was believed I had thoratic outlet syndrome which was negative. I also get the tightness around my upper rib area like a vice. It gives me the pounding sensation in my ab and my ears. Sometimes I feel like I am as big as octomom. I had a spinal tap as I would call this a m.s. hug but the tap was negative.
Does anyone experience this? My latest event was thickness behind my knee that made it painful to bend. Dr thought it was a baker's cyst. I was sent to an orthopedic dr who said he just thought it was the fibro. ugh.

Old 06-10-2010, 07:24 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: tissue swelling anyone?

hi mel,
i have found weekly massage very helpful. i have 2 people who work on me at the same time. one has fibro so they specialize in fibro massage and release. they call me "lumpy moves alot". every week there are new lumps to work on and old ones that want attention too.
heres what i think is going on in my body. i think the tissue gets clogged with pain energy and so it gathers itself a ball to protect it of more tissue and fluids. the massage squishes it all out and back where it is supposed to be. tho it hurts at the time and the next day i feel better the 3rd day and till the next one. by the day before i am due i feel some lumps forming again. some just won't leave, won't heal.
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2010, 08:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

Yikes, how can you stand someone touching you? I go through the ceiling on a back rub, especially after back surgery. Good thing my hubby isn't into them. I do massage my legs and that helps. Glad it works for you. Thanks for responding.

Old 06-11-2010, 06:33 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi mel,
when i first started i would cry every time.
peace,
blue

Closed Thread