It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2010, 01:04 PM   #1
(female)

Madeofglass HB User
fibro and menopause having things in common?

Has anyone else noticed how so many symptoms of menopause sound exactly like fibromyalgia? For example: dizziness, bloating, muscle aches, trouble concentrating, weight gain, anxiety, depression, increase in allergies, irritability, heart palpitations, nails that break easily, ringing in ears, increased tension in muscles....

So therefore should I try some kind of supplements for menopause? I am only 22 but I can't help wondering that there's something wrong...

Old 06-14-2010, 05:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User
Re: fibro and menopause having things in common?

Honestly alot of conditions and or diseases can mimic each other.

Fibro symptoms also are the same as Thyroid conditions, Vit D Dificency, RA, Lupus as well...
I have Fibro, Vit D Dif and they are finding that I may have a Thyroid problem from a recent blood test that came back.

Why would you think of meno at your age? Are you having menstral issues?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2010, 09:18 AM   #3
(female)

Madeofglass HB User

Well I just can't think of anything else... I don't have RA or any thyroid issues.. my periods are slightly irregular, but nothing to be concerned about.. Perhaps I'm premenopausal.

Old 06-17-2010, 02:17 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Have you been dx with Fibro from a doctor? If so, then that is most likely what it is.
I don't think it is a menopause issue due to you age. I mean it CAN happen, but it is rare at your age.

What about your Vitamin D?

Old 06-18-2010, 10:51 AM   #5
(female)

Madeofglass HB User

I do take some vitamin supplements that have vitamin d in them 3-4 times a week, and I try to eat vegetables daily, mostly pieces of tomato and cucumber.. However I do live in Scandinavia so I guess we all have some sort of a vitamin d deficiency. Not all people have all these symptoms though.

Yes, I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, but thinking that fibro is the reason for my symptoms takes me nowhere. There is no cure for this and some symptoms are almost impossible to treat. In some ways fibromyalgia is just a term they use. Like if you experience weight gain and bloating and it's somehow associated with fibro, can they tell you the exact reason why this is happening? Of course they can blame it on IBS, but everyone experiences it differently, so they can't tell you what not to eat and what to eat if you know what I mean. I can't figure it out by myself..

Old 06-18-2010, 11:53 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Honestly, at least the way I feel, this is just gonna be a condition, that well you probably will never figure out.

I know I can't. This will hurt and that will hurt and then I can be ok..then total exahustion and its like when the hell is this gonna end? GO AWAY!!!! Then I have to come down to reality and say, well, It just may never go away.....deal with it as it hits and TRY to except it, and pray for not such a painful day...

I know its not easy. I have been dealing with this for 1 1/2 years now...and still getting hit with new things....
Try to hang in there...that is what this board is for...I and the rest are here for yah
(((GENTLE HUGGS)))

Old 06-19-2010, 08:59 AM   #7
(female)

Madeofglass HB User

Yea I was diagnosed 2 years ago and now that I'm on Lyrica I feel even worse. I honestly feel like a middle aged woman in every way. My dreams are gone, my body's a wreck. I feel fat and clumsy.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:40 AM   #8
(female)

sassy411 HB Usersassy411 HB Usersassy411 HB User

This is my question--fibro vs meno. How to tell which is which? I am going to be getting a bunch of bloodwork in December.

My chiropractor was the first to suspect fibro, tho I had wondered at times myself. I had kind of just adapted to the pain, esp in the am. He told me my reaction to the tender points is "classic" fibro. My GP wants tests before he makes a dx, which he said can only be made by a rheumy.

I do have pain everywhere tho not as severe as many I've read about. My GP & DC both agree there is something metabolically wrong, ie I can't lose weight. I heat very healthily & count every calorie. I was doing treadmill alternating with resistance until I blew out my knee in a fall. Now I swim laps 6 times a week.

I've also suddenly lost my tolerance for alcohol (which I have given up for now to cut even more calories). Until very recently, I could drink the hard stuff with the best of them. Now, 1 drink can trigger a terrible headache, sometimes a migraine & a face flush.

So, how do you know if it's meno vs fibro????

Closed Thread