It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2010, 01:06 PM   #1
(female)

angelz328 HB User
Unhappy Sore and very tired all the time lately

Hi all,
I have fibro, Sjrogens, OA, restless legs, hypertension, back and neck problems, and had a partial thryoidectomy in April. Lately I have been so tired and sore, more than usual. The endo says the thyroid test are showing good and I am not taking meds for them. But about 2 weeks after I went back to work after the surgery, I was only off 9 days I had a total exhaustion come over me and I have been in so much pain I dont know what to do. I call the thyroid doc he said see my family doc. I seen my rhuemy and she put me on savella which gave me a head ache every day so she had me stop it. I do take pain meds which dont seem to be doing anything. I dont know what to do next. I have had flair ups before but this one is really bad. I have had fibro for over 20 years, usually I just push myself through. I have a full time job and need to work the hours I do. I have a 1 1/2 hour drive everyday for work. This exhaustion has really got me this time, anyone have this happen? Dont know where to turn each doctor says check with the other doctor any advice sure would be apperciated

Old 06-15-2010, 01:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User
Re: Sore and very tired all the time lately

Hi,
Welcome.

I understand what you are saying and actualy I was gonna post to see if anyone else has been realy sore and exahustead lately cause I sure as heck have been and cant fingure why I am struggling so much!!

I am alsways yawning, struggle to pull myself out of bed I am so tired.

Do you know when I let my dogs out in the morning, I sit on my stoop outside in the back yard to watch them and I have been falling asleep on the stoop!!!! What is that!!!

You mentioned you had a partial thyroidectomy? What was wrong with your Thyroid? If find that interesting because when I went recently for my yearly physical with my primary doc, she said my TSH was borderline high. Mine was 4.080 and anything 4.2 and up is consided high and I have to be retested in 3 months to see if it has gotten worse. She thinks I may need meds for my Thyroid. Does your Thyroid cause such exauhstion?

You seem to have alot of what I have, Fibro, Restless Leg, OA, back and neck problems.

I wish I could help you with your exahustion issue....I wish we both had an answer!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2010, 01:33 PM   #3
(female)

angelz328 HB User

I had noduals on my thyroid that over the last year were getting calcium in them and they were causing problems with swollowing because of there size so the dr said I needed to have them out and since I did the levels of my thyroid have gotten better, from what I understand thyroid problems do cause tiredness.

I know what u mean about falling a sleep, I do the same thing at nite I get home from work and I type transcription some times I catch my self falling asleep with headphones on and a laptop on my lap so I have to rewing the tape and start all over because i dont know if I missed something I was susposta type. But lately I am more than usual when it comes to exhaustion and being sore.

Hope u find out good things about ur retest. After the surgery I felt pretty ok for the first 3 weeks then the exhaustion hit me and it will not go away.

Old 06-15-2010, 06:42 PM   #4
(female)

jessmari HB User

I knew my entire month of june would be exhausting. And it has been. I am in florida, and flew back home for 2days and 1night. Thats all. Didnt even do anything to make me tired. And after getting back I couldnt stop sleeping for 2weeks. Its so hard for me to feel un-exhausted.

B complex liquid and b12 complex shots from doc really help.
I also have a thyroid problem. Found a nodule and also my level is at a 5.

Closed Thread