It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2010, 10:32 AM   #1
(female)

lesha3 HB User
Not doing well-need advice please?

I am a 43 yr old single mom of two kids,14 and 5. I also have health problems that i am really struggling with.my back is bad,which i have to take pain meds everyday for.i have a messed up neck,which aches,gets stiff daily,and migraine headaches off and on.my 5 yr old son had severe adhd,and possibly autism spectrum disorder,and my daughter,im not sure,she just wont talk to anyone,has to do summer school every year,and doesnt have any friends.she dont want to do anything except shop online and eat.you wouldnt think that they would fight at all,but thats all they do,its horrible.she picks on him all the time,and hes always screaming or whining,then the next minute they are getting along.its a very stressful enviroment around here.anyway,i also have fibromyalgia,and i just cant seem to get moving.i can wake up early,but never get dressed or ready to go anywhere until afternoon.in the mornings,i have to wear my moist heat belt around,my back hurts,and i have alot of stiffness.then by noon,im tired already,and i havent even done anything yet? I feel so guilty,my son is way too hyper to have to stay at home all the time.he should be around other kids,and playing sports,and going to parks and such,i think about it all the time,but cant seem to do anything about it.last summer,i wasnt so bad,i at least would take him to the city park and let him play,but just dont feel like doing anything this summer at all.i know this cant go on.i feel like an old grandma trying to raise two kids,what do i do?? My mom past away 5 years ago,and i dont have any friends or family to help out.i really need some advice here,please??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2010, 04:20 PM   #2
(female)

kim840 HB User
Re: Not doing well-need advice please?

Lesha,
I'm sorry to hear you lost your mom and that it's been difficult to establish friendships. I think that is a common thread for many of us. You are clearly feeling guilty and overwhelmed. I'm so sorry. Is there a Boys & Girls Club available to you? I know many of them plan activities throughout the summer and may be free or inexpensive. If you participate in a church there may also be a Vacation Bible Study they can participate in. Since you are down, keep your expectations realistic and start out small, like just taking a walk with your kids. You may also need to be assessed for depression. If you are already on depression meds, sleeping pills, pain meds, etc. are your dosages correct? You may always have some pain, but you want to be able to function through the treatment for it. I read a previous post that your boyfriend is mentally ill and was not taking his meds. All of this factors in to how well you are doing. I so wish we could reach through these screens and give hugs and tell you that everything is going to be better. Or even tell you what to do to get results. I will keep you and your precious family in my prayers. Gentle hugs to you!

Marcia

Last edited by kim840; 06-16-2010 at 04:30 PM.

Closed Thread