It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2010, 06:41 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
OTC pain relief ??

Are there any really good OTC gels for pain relief? Currently using blue gel but it only helps a little.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2010, 08:03 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: OTC pain relief ??

the only one that helps me is pain-a-trate. you can google it. not sold in stores tho so that can be a pain, giggle, pun intended. i lost my person who sold it, she quit. i do miss it and have been hoarding the last bits in a tube for 3 years. giggle. i will be bummed when i run out. it does have a strong smell but it goes away quickly.
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2010, 08:54 AM   #3
(female)

chicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB User

Oh, I was wondering about this too. I have just about had it with Bengay. It reeks and i have to wash all my clothes and sheets twice.
I had another mishap...SOMEHOW residue was on my hand after I washed it, and I have no idea how it happened...maybe I was fixing a dessert or something & thought it was ice cream...and I ingested a little tiny bit. I got the taste right away and that tiny bit burned my throat for 2 days. I called the poison control center because I thought my throat would swell more than it already was swelling from it. Don't ever lick it off your finger. (sarcasm)

I tried one that was supposed to be more natural, but it made my skin burn.

Old 06-17-2010, 09:03 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

yea, i did it in my eye once. only once!! giggle. guess it was not for eye pain. giggle.
yuck, you ate some? yea that would get me on the phone too.
this image will be with me all day. yucky barf.
peace,
blue

Old 06-17-2010, 03:56 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

I've had some luck with Aspercreme on the joints, but prescription Voltaren is much stronger.

I also use a mild menthol-based gel immediately before bedtime. It doesn't work for long, but it generally lets me sleep.

I also hate getting it places it shouldn't be, so I buy the kind with the fancy you-don't-have-to-touch it applicators and then cover with a shirt. I can only put it on my back and hips, too, anywhere else it burns too much.

Last edited by janewhite1; 06-17-2010 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Add stuff.

Old 06-18-2010, 07:20 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

morning ladies,
how strange life is. you ask about topical creams and i get contacted by a company who is making a new cream. they will be sending me free tubes to try. i will keep you posted on how it works and if it works. they say the smell is not strong and goes away quickly. we shall see. worth a try of course. i should receive it next week and will have my massage team use it on me. crossing my fingers this will take the intense pain out of my fanny. this being a pain in my own arse is getting rather old.
so is my fanny, giggle.
peace,
bluelakelady

Closed Thread