Oh, I was wondering about this too. I have just about had it with Bengay. It reeks and i have to wash all my clothes and sheets twice.
I had another mishap...SOMEHOW residue was on my hand after I washed it, and I have no idea how it happened...maybe I was fixing a dessert or something & thought it was ice cream...and I ingested a little tiny bit. I got the taste right away and that tiny bit burned my throat for 2 days. I called the poison control center because I thought my throat would swell more than it already was swelling from it. Don't ever lick it off your finger.
I tried one that was supposed to be more natural, but it made my skin burn.