It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2010, 07:26 AM   #1
(female)

NewNana HB User
Are D3, calcium and magnesium supplements helpful?

I'm new to posting, but have read posts for a long time. I keep hearing about D3, calcium and magnesium helping some fibro patients. What dosages are used? I had my vitamin D level tested and it was on the low end of the normal range. Is D3 the same thing as plain D? I take calcium supplements with D and also magnesium, but am experiencing overall aches and tiredness. I am currently withdrawing from Cymbalta so that accounts for some of it, but I'm wondering if I'm taking the right amounts of supplements.

Last edited by moderator2; 06-20-2010 at 07:33 AM. Reason: to make a new thread - please always start a new thread for a new question

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2010, 10:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: Are D3, calcium and magnesium supplements helpful?

NewNana, What I have learned from taking VitD is there is D2 and D3. That it doesn't matter too much which one you take. I started taking D3, but switched docs and then started on D2, which I take now at the 50,000IU a week. The D3 I took was 5000IU a day. My rheumy doc says having your vitD level at 50 or above is best for rheumatology problems. For Calcium I take 2000mgs. a day and for Magnesium I take it as Malic Acid and Magnesium Malate 825mgs. I think it all helps, of course everyone is individual. For me it is helpful and worthwhile.

Glojer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread