It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2010, 08:24 AM   #1
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Trying a New Topical Pain Cream, fingers crossed!

Greetings Friends,
A few days ago I responded to a thread about topical creams. Missing the stuff I used to be able to get and wishing there was something out there. Then serendipity stepped in and out of the blue I was contacted to try a new cream for pain. After some checking and asking a lot of questions I said yes to the free tubes.
They arrived yesterday, only 3 days after the contact with the company. Not bad!
On Friday I had my usual massage from hades and woke Saturday morning to the insane pain I know to expect. Took my pain med and went back to bed with my heating pad. About noon the mail came and as soon as I saw my new cream I shot to the shower. After, I rubbed it all over my body, especially my fanny which has been my personal pain in the fanny for over 2 years. Within seconds I felt a cooling sensation that lasted about 20 minutes, followed by an hour of pain I can handle. An hour later when the pain returned I put more on my fanny. 2 hours later a bit more and that lasted me till bedtime. So far I am impressed. The smell is herbal and not stinky. With my sensitive skin I was concerned, but no problem so far. It even made my dry post meno skin feel nourished and soft.
It is only the second day and I put it on my fanny as soon as it started to say hello, and now here I am sitting writing this and my fanny is not mad at me. Yipeeeee!!
Peace,
bluelakelady

Old 06-20-2010, 08:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User
Re: Trying a New Topical Pain Cream, fingers crossed!

Hi Blue, thanks for the info. Let us know the name of this creme when you can. I don't use a topical, but maybe I should. Sounds like they could help.

Glojer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2010, 09:07 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi glojer,
how you doing girlfriend!! long time since we hit the same thread. giggle. it's called tpr20. you can google it. you have known me for years and you know i don't chase after miracle cures. i was out in the garden this morning girlfriend!! between the massages and now this new cream maybe, just maybe my old fanny will be in the kayak this summer. ahh, to dream again. nice feeling. just the possibility makes me giggle with delight. and i can swim with the stuff on me, not like the patches that come off. gee, can you tell i am just a bit excited? giggle.
love ya girl,
blue

Old 06-20-2010, 09:35 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Blue I am very excited for you. Now I can picture you out on that wonderful lake you use to tell us about, just sailing by in your kayak. Thanks for the name of the creme.

Glojer

Old 06-20-2010, 11:06 PM   #5
(female)

chicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB User

Thank you very much!

Old 06-21-2010, 06:25 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

hi girlfriends,
hey chicabella. thought you would show up here. i know alternatives are where you head is at too. yesterday i used it like i had to buy it. giggle. no bathing like the first day. i noticed two old surgery sites that often bother me were helped by one application to the area. my knee and ankle, now that means i may be back dancing soon. giggle! one hopes. as for the area where i do need to just do the surgery, well it does ease it some. bearable most of the time. still not itching and no rash, weehaa!!
today will be a real test of the stuff. long trip to town and 2 doctors appts. my poor fanny. giggle, i even bought her a seat warmer. that puppy helps.
so, with high hopes i am leaving off the lidoderm patches i usually wear for travel and try this stuff. of course i am taking a couple of patches in my bag, just in case.
if i can dance i will be happy. if i can dance and kayak and hike again i shall have reached nirvana on earth.
how you doing chicabella? been a bit since we spoke.
hey glojer, going to visit my new smile today. i finally did it. getting the rest of these sick babies out. always wanted a perfect smile, thanks fibro. giggle. my teeth will be so easy to brush. giggle.
however it all goes on hold if my daughter jackie has cancer again. i am sheduled for 2 surgeries this summer, but they may have to wait. kids come first even if they are grown. she will need help and so will her babies age 3 and 4. hubby/daddy is back in the home so i hope he does not mess it up. this time he has me to deal with, poor man. last time her birth mom helped her and she is not as outspoken as i am.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 06-21-2010, 08:32 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

HI Blue, this looks really interesting - hope your journey to the Docs goes well - my left hip is really playing up at the moment caused by my right sacro illiac joint! Still find it weird that where I feel the pain is not where the root cause is - scoured the internet reading up on TPR20 and can't find any side effects - FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So waiting with baited breath over here in UK - it will probably cost me a small fortune to get it imported but I'm past caring about cost!!

Old 06-21-2010, 11:57 AM   #8
(female)

chicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB User

I am ordering it too. Bluelake, it sounds like you are feeling a bit better and I hope you continue to rise up out of the pain! I prayed for your daughter after one of the posts. It's great you are going to help her and I hope all goes well in their home. I am on summer break from teaching, and I am feeling much better. Of course I still have great pain, but at least I don't feel as though I have one leg in a grave! It took me a good two weeks to "recover" from my work load ending the year. Now I am LOVING the sunshine and just getting enough energy to walk and exercise. I am on the up-swing too! It's nice to be able to rest when I need to. Time with my daughter always makes me happy and so does the heat from the sun.
I am willing to try the gel, so we'll see! I have to keep my buns warm too in the car! ha!

Old 06-21-2010, 04:42 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

I'm a little leery of the long ingredient list, I have extremely allergic skin. I think I'll stick to separate cremes.

But I'm glad it's working for you!

Old 06-22-2010, 06:42 AM   #10
Facilitator
(female)

hi jane,
i have problems with sensitive skin also. have to have my soaps and lotions made for me. so far the cream is not bothering my skin at all. in fact it is much softer where i use it. i was worried about how my body would respond also. usually i respond right away if my skin does not like something.
always best to stick with what works for you and is safe for your skin. we are all very different. sorry you got stuck with princess skin too. we are princess's you know, giggle.
well girls, i chickened out on not using the patches for my trip. i used them on my fanny and the cream everywhere else. did alot of shopping, yuck, for cloths, double yuck. my knee did pretty good. had to add more cream part way thru the trip.
i noticed it also helps my hands. i had cts surgery many years ago and still have pain from it returning. if i just rinse my hands after applying it my hands feel good all day.
so, in my dreamy state of joy i am thinking holding a paint brush or my dremel and returning to my art may be possible.
friday will be another test, this time alone, to town to be with my daughter for her ultrasound on her breast. thank you for your love and support. b-9. saw her yesterday and she does not look good. my mommy instincts say the cancer is back. i really hope i am wrong. the stress in my neck from worry, and this is worry i cannot avoid, is intense. i rubbed some cream on yesterday when it finally hit me i had a cream to use. duh! instant relief. which reminds me, giggle. time for more on my stressed little neck.
i hope it helps those of you who elect to try it. i am not easy to impress as you well know. giggle. i am glad these people chose me. their timing was perfection.
peace,
bluelakelady
ps. showed the tube to my doc yesterday. he said let me know how it goes. i have patients who may be helped too. my kind of doc!! love that man.

Old 06-22-2010, 09:16 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User

Hi Bluelake,
I have not posted in a while. Been nuts with flares and now shoulder tendonitus and dry eyes too. Here we go wer'e on a roll. Just wanted to let you know your daughter is in my prayers as well!
Stay you,
Cat ;0)

Old 06-22-2010, 06:06 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Blue, Smiling pretty now? I am so glad things are finally moving along with your teeth. I'm going to go with B9 for Jackie and say she looks bad because of her own worry and dread of treatments she may have to endure again. I am an optimist, I can't help it. Praying and chanting B9, B9, B9, B9, for Jackie.

So glad the creme is working, I am going to check it out real soon. Just of couple of things lately keeping me busy.....giggle.

Glojer

Old 06-23-2010, 07:05 AM   #13
Facilitator
(female)

good morning dear friends,
my deepest thanks to those of you who are thinking of my baby. blessings. glojer i sure hope you are right and i am wrong.
the flare that started with the news of jackie was fed 2 days ago by mail saying my brothers unemployment extensions are gone. we have 8 months to get thru till he is 62 and can draw his social security. needless to say the mini flare has grown to a bit of a giant. so glad this cream is here by the bed and in my bag. last night was one of those chase the pain evenings. here i am, catch me if you can. ha ha! moved on you. so i played chase with that cream and to my delight i actually won the race! slept like a baby.
on the lighter side. my friend pete whose wife died last year turned 70 yesterday. he allowed me the honour of taking him to brunch and running him around to do his errands. i set my personal life aside, pain and all, and devoted my morning to my friend having the best day he can without his beautiful wife by his side. we had a blast! we took his wifes chevy, the one with the heated seats. love driving that car! we used to call it suzis car but now we just say, the chevy. it is at my house. he says it's easier to see that way. i understand.
today i will be a good girl and let my body have her flare up. i have found if i just relax and allow it, no anger or frustrations, it passes more quickly. now if i can just remember when the pain grabs me and hugs me that i do have that stuff right there that helps. it's the remembering that's hard. i have gotten so used to being in pain and just being cool with it i forget life gifted me with a bit of help. silly, but true. maybe i should put it on a string and wear it around my neck till i get the hang of remembering i do have a choice now? i can ease it up a bit.
i hope you all have the most beautiful day possible. never forget the one thing fibro cannot bring pain to is our joy, unless we let it. my joy is what keeps me going happily on my way. giggle, and now i can be in a bit less pain. very cool!
peace and again thank you so much for taking time out of your life to think of my daughter. B-9.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 06-25-2010, 02:02 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Blue, I am loving the results you and some others seem to be having with this creme. I have had some not fun things going on the last few days. More on that some other time, some other place......giggle. I am looking forward to checking tpr20 out, I could use some relief.

You know when I think this creme would be a great help is when I get those burning patches of pain so intense. If I had the creme I could rub it on those spots.

Peace and pain free days,
Glojer

Old 06-26-2010, 06:27 AM   #15
Facilitator
(female)

hi glojer,
first let me say this . . .NO CANCER IN MY BABY!! yes i am a happy mom. she said i could stay home and her hubby would be there. glad i decided to surprise her cause he did not show up. he was helping her dad do something. slap them upside the head those two insensitive men.
my thanks to everyone who took a moment out to think of her. i know what we all face every day and i appreciate your love, prayer and support.
of course i forgot the cream and my ointment for the lupus things that itch from the sun. thought of them about half way there when my knee locked and a bump itched at the same moment, of course the one up by my crotch!! said, oh well and drove on. of course all the way home i was on my own cloud and no pain can reach that cloud. it's too high.
i bet it would help. it cools the skin for about 20 minutes. tho i am aware of that no longer happening to me. i did wish for that to stop as any cold messes with me.
got hit with a headache in the evening, gee i wonder why? remembered the cream and the headache was gone in about 2 minutes.
my plan to rest for 2 days went out the window when pete called the first day offering home made lemon pie. blow off fibro, there's pie!! you know i went. glad he lives across the street. day 2 my granddaughter and her boyfriend came and stayed for 9 hours. a chance to spend time with them? blow off fibro, no time for you, kids come first. they are mellow and sweet and no trouble. they cooked for brother and i, and cleaned up the mess. it still wore me out in a most happy way.
yet, when i needed it the energy was there to drive yesterday, be who i must be, and get home safe.
massage today and my dear lotus and zen are fixing a vegetarian bbq for us. i actually went in my kitchen and made potato salad. been years. oh!! and they said since my finances have changed they are going to do me for free. blew my mind. lotus said i am special and they want to help me. money is not the reason they do what they do. they are called to do it. made me cry. happy tears of appreciation.
the life stresses that have bound my body up will be lovingly rubbed out today. a view of the lake, good food, good people and a massage. does life get any better? no way!!!
sorry things are weirded out in your world. you know i am here for you girlfriend. anytime, anywhere, always and forever. i have extra energy now so you take any and all that you need. breath, relax, understand there are some things we have no control over and must let them go to be free of the moment, free to move on.
i am going outside now to hug my friend redwood tree and thank her for that blast of energy she gave me yesterday.
i love you girlfriend,
blue

Closed Thread