It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2010, 12:24 PM   #1
(female)

LaylaMarie HB User
Fibro-Help

I am new to the message boards, but I was looking for any helpful tips or medicines to help me with my Fibromyalgia. I currently take Neurotin, Skelatin, and Loratab. I also wear the Lidoderm patch on my back for 12 hours at a time. I am still in so much pain lately that I have to make myself get up and go in the mornings. It's been 7 months of intense pain and I am just looking for some kind of relief. I tried the cymbalta and had an adverse reaction(it was like I was on speed for two days!) I don't feel like my husband understand that I just hurt all the time and I can't do the things I use to do......The only one I can really talk to about it is my mom-she has Lupus and can really relate(they original thought I had Lupus but my ANA came back negative)...Any suggestions, medicines, foods......I'm open to anything! Thanks!

Old 06-23-2010, 07:46 PM   #2
(female)

bellagal HB User
Re: Fibro-Help

hi i have fibro im currently attending a pain clinic,i have found this a lot more helpful than my gp.i use a tens machine on my back when i am able to (cant always use it due to terrible night sweats) iv just started acupuncture at the clinic and although after getting it i my pain increased so much it was helpfu as i take muscle spazms on my whole back and i didnt have them at all for nearly 3 weeks after getting the acup,so the increased pain ii had for about 2 or 3 days was def worth it.i also have been on gabapentin 2,400mg per day this is the highest dose,these do help nerve pain.im also on a patch called butrans 15mg per hr and this is to be increased to 20 in a weeks time.you wear the patch for a week at a time.the last thing is dihidrocoden 30mg/paracetamol 500mg 4-6 tabs a day.this is to be stopped when the patch is increased to 20mg.iv been lucky and not had many side effects from all these meds,the gabapentin was started at 600mg x 2 day and gradually increased i did feel sleapy but only for a few days.im still in a lot of pain but without these meds i was crying with pain every day for a long time,my gp just didnt know what to give me as he didnt know what was wrong.for a long time hed say i had flu or a virus.iv also got arthritis in my knees so im happy to try anything the pain clinic throw at me as was in a desperate situation.i hope this has been a little bit helpfulfor you and i wish you well.
bellagal ps thepain clinic gave me the tens machine for free this i am happy about as it was on loan to me at first till i could buy one but theyr just to dear for mr to buy ,i thought this was a lovely gesture from the clinic.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2010, 07:19 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi layla,
welcome to the boards. for myself i found after years of exploration that a vegetarian diet, mild to moderate exercise and buckets of water work best. i also meditate. i went to a shrink for many years to get the skills i needed to be this other me. the me that has fibro. i don't take any meds for fibro. i am exploring a topical cream and so far i am very pleased. i just started a lovely flare and have been chasing the pain with the cream, when i remember i have it. it's called, um, hang on, tpr20. had to get the tube to remember, giggle. love that fibro fog. you can google it. i do use the lidoderm patches for an area of my spine that requires surgery. love those things! this cream has lidocaine in it and bunches of herbs so it smells nice.
mostly i work daily on my attitude toward pain. if i am at peace within, the pain cannot touch me. only my body. breath deeply, we forget to breath properly when we are in pain.
there are many herbal choices and in the beginning i used kava kava and valerian root quite a bit. other health stuff has surfaced that required western drugs so i do take some for b.p. and cholesterol and thyroid and such. age, it happens. giggle.
massage therapy is also a weekly thing for me. let's see, oh and the hot tub after a massage. i have been doing the massages for 3 months. sometimes it hurts but a day or two later i am filled with energy and stamina.
i wish you all the best on your journey. we are here to help you find the peace and joy that is there no matter what the body brings.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 07-01-2010, 04:11 AM   #4
(female)

Mumfie HB User

Hi, I have had this problem for three years and have only just found out what it is. I can recommend you see a rheumatologist, medication that has helped for me is trepiline and lyrica. Hope this is helpfull, and when you go see a rheumatologist, take your husband with so that the doctor can explain to him what you are going through. My husband did not belive me either because I did not look like I was in pain.

Closed Thread