It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2010, 05:55 AM   #1
(female)

mindy1974 HB User
Just moved to az, getting hot i need feedback please

sorry for the spelling but i dont have spell check, and need adice.
i moved to Az becuase the co cold was making me feel like i had the flu all the time. i have been here 3 months and i am starting to itch all over, i cover up, use sun block, drink lots of water and am in the AC to stay cool. no new med, no new anything. if i go in the weather im coverd in red patches for hours then they pass. have no rash but i feel so itchy all over, its worse then the pain of colorado weather. could this mean that my fibro is worse in the heat then the cold? i took and bendril last night and that helped but i can NOT take it durung the day, i can not even walk around on that stuff it just kills me. i moved here alone and used every penny i had to move, i dont want to go back to CO, the "no itch cream and epsin salt bath do nothing for me. will this pass, it only going to get hotter for the next 3 months, please help i feel so afraid i cant live like this...

Last edited by mindy1974; 06-25-2010 at 05:57 AM.

Old 06-25-2010, 06:23 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Just moved to az, getting hot i need feedback please

Have you tried a regular moisturizer? Because when I was in AZ last summer, I had to moisturize my entire body like it was the middle of winter!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2010, 03:38 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User

Hi Derlinda,

Sorry to hear about your symptoms! Skin symptoms, such as you are experiencing are common complaints with FMS. One thing that may be contributing to your misery is the warmth. Also warmth under blankets can set off and spread your troubles more universally than any time, so you may need to look at how you are sleeping.

The best treatment of choice is to avoid triggers, many of which are environmental. These include sun exposure, heat, alcohol, spicy foods, hot drinks, and hot baths. Skin should be cleansed with lukewarm water only and patted, not rubbed, dry. Sking care products should be screened for dyes, fragrances, and other irritating ingredients such as alcohol and botanicals with the mint family and citrus extracts.

A good lotion to use is AmLactin (or Lac-Hydrin). It has lactic acid, our skin's natural alpha hydroxy, as the active ingredient. Surgeon's Skin Secret is another good way to go.

I'm sure you will find out what you can tolerate and still stay in Arizona. I live in Colorado and I love it here!

Bye

Kirstee

Old 06-28-2010, 08:35 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User

Kirstee is right with the Surgeon's skin secret, i have this and is very good for dry itchy skin. Goes a long ways too, doesn't take much.

Derlinda i hope you can adjust to AZ. i've never been there although i bet its a beautiful place.

Be Well
BeHappy2

Old 06-29-2010, 07:08 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi,
you did it! have you tried a spoon full of local honey? when i move i always eat a teaspoon of local honey daily to get my body used to the allergens in that area. it may be an allergy along with dry skin. during the spring, summer and autumn i eat my honey and i do not itch all over as much. also i use a topical steroid for the intense itching i got from my doc. benadryl does the same thing to me. night night.
we have to find a way to keep you there! we just have to!
peace,
blue

Old 06-30-2010, 01:37 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User

Blue, you clever girl. I never thought about using local honey. I've heard all sorts of good things about honey as of late.

Kirstee

Old 07-03-2010, 06:46 AM   #7
(female)

mindy1974 HB User

thank you so much! i will try it all, going for hunny today... went to colorado for 7 days and the temp ws 30 degres cooler them AZ. get this, no change in the rash! still no signs of a rash but skin it driving me nuts. so i'm thinking it might be something i'm putting in my body and not the heat so much. my friend told me to do a 3 day master cleans and see what happens as i slowly get back into my food and supplaments. my anxity and depression have been really bad, i read about people saying anxity can make your skin itch because it releases a chemical that can make your skin feel crazy. have you heard of that?

Old 07-03-2010, 01:07 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

My mother has chronic rashes, and for her stress can easily trigger a flare.

I have about 10% of her skin issues, and I find that once my skin gets irritated, it just doesn't settle down again for weeks, even if the original irritant was removed. So, I dunno. I still think dry air may be playing some role.

Closed Thread