It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2010, 02:58 PM   #1
(male)

maccafan007 HB User
Savella Medical Marijuana

Hey all, i was wondering if anyone new of any interactions between the two. I just started on Savella a few days ago, and it makes me kinda sleepy, but is really helping a heck of a lot. I was wondering if i can use my medical cannabis.
Thanks!

Old 06-26-2010, 05:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User
Re: Savella Medical Marijuana

Lucky you, I wish I could get medical marijuana, it is the only thing that gets rid of the pain. I am hoping my doctor will listen better to me next visit. Good luck, I cannot answer your question but wanted to comment.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-26-2010, 07:14 AM   #3
(male)

maccafan007 HB User

Tool,

Any comments are appreciated. I'll continue my research lol. I hope you're well

Old 06-26-2010, 08:08 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

Thanks, I am Sandra btw. Do you like taking Savella?? How does it compare to smoking??

Old 07-01-2010, 09:38 PM   #5
(female)

chicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB User

I can not answer your question, but all I have to say is that I tried medical marijuana once and I had a TERRIBLE reaction! Instead of feeling relief, my pain level skyrocketed! Every inch of my body crawled with pain. I couldn't be touched and I was completely hypersensitive and miserable. I feel like a freak of nature. I really do. NOTHING works for me!!!
I have heard only positive feedback about medical marijuana, and this was such a disappointment. Has this happened to any of you?

The ONLY explanation I can think of is that my dose was too high.

Old 07-03-2010, 09:03 AM   #6
(female)

Vsortiz HB User

I too wish I lived in a state that allowed medicinal marijuana. It works wonders with lessening the pain. And surprisingly for me, gives me some energy. Maybe because the pain is so much less.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:23 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsortiz View Post
I too wish I lived in a state that allowed medicinal marijuana. It works wonders with lessening the pain. And surprisingly for me, gives me some energy. Maybe because the pain is so much less.
Works the same for me. It is the only thing that works for me..

Sandra

Old 07-03-2010, 10:26 AM   #8
(male)

maccafan007 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsortiz View Post
I believe there is some research to suggest that it works on the glial cells, which dump chemicals in us that cause fatigue and tiredness

Old 07-03-2010, 12:58 PM   #9
(female)

chicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB User

Why do you guys think I had that reaction? I only tried it once, and never again. Could it be that because it was my first time having it in my body?

Old 07-03-2010, 11:35 PM   #10
(male)

F150STX HB UserF150STX HB UserF150STX HB UserF150STX HB UserF150STX HB UserF150STX HB User

I can't smoke, (sounds fake, but grass allergies kill me .. lol) .. For those not living in a legal state they may try looking into K2 .. Head shops say it is for insense (spelling), but my wife who has done both say the effects are the same, but the K2 lasts ALOT longer .. It costs like $35 for 3 grams (I think that is what the pkg said) .. The benefits .. It's legal and can't get in trouble at work .. lol .. MAKE SURE YOU VERIFY THESE STATEMENTS .. : o )

Old 07-04-2010, 05:11 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Chicabella, I know there are different strains of mj, and some have other things added in. But those would be street mj, not something from a dispensary I believe. I have had horrible experiences with mj that has had some nasty stuff added to it. I make sure I get commercial stuff from a reputable source. I was terrified at first to try it. But after 1 toke, my pain was gone. It doesn't even really make me high, I get a good, relaxed feeling and just let my whole body relax. So sorry you are missing out on such an awesome, natural pain reliever.

Sandra

The Following User Says Thank You to tooolgrl For This Useful Post:
rosebuddy (02-14-2012)
Old 07-07-2010, 12:25 PM   #12
(female)

Vsortiz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150STX View Post
I can't smoke, (sounds fake, but grass allergies kill me .. lol) .. For those not living in a legal state they may try looking into K2 .. Head shops say it is for insense (spelling), but my wife who has done both say the effects are the same, but the K2 lasts ALOT longer .. It costs like $35 for 3 grams (I think that is what the pkg said) .. The benefits .. It's legal and can't get in trouble at work .. lol .. MAKE SURE YOU VERIFY THESE STATEMENTS .. : o )

I've heard of K2, but in Florida, where I am, they made it illeagal last year.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:04 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB Userrosebuddy HB User

Oxycodone just barely helps my muscular pain. Medicinal marijuana works so well that I can feel the location where the pain was, but it doesn't hurt. It only takes a little bit and all of pain is gone. I don't want to hurt my lungs, so I am going to try to cook some in butter and then make brownies or cookies.

Rose

Where life like a loose t-shirt.
Life is not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be lived.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:33 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User

Can't get it where I live either, wish I could. I never tried Savella, so dont' have any good advice there. Sorry.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:22 AM   #15
(female)

dizzybrunette HB User

I know that eating Marijuana feels a lot different than smoking it. Make sure you only eat a tiny bit at first. It freaked me out, nothing like smoking it. It may not help with pain when you eat it??? I have not tried MJ for pain yet. Been a lot of years since I did MJ before this Fibro hell took over. Getting ready to try it again though.

Closed Thread