It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2010, 08:37 AM   #1
(female)

Vsortiz HB User
New here, Not to Fibro though

Hi Everyone. My name is Vicky and I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia almost 3 years ago. I was put on Cymbalta, tramadol and Zanaflex. It all seemed to work good up until approximately 6 months ago. The Cymbalta stopped being as effective and I had to up my tramadol to 2 in the mornings to get moving. The Zanaflex I take at night to sleep when needed, and I started to have to take it more often and sometimes more than 1 pill.

So my Rheumatologist took me off the Cymbalta and put me on Savella. I tried this for a while, but it made me so nauseous and throwing up just put me in more pain. So I stopped that one on my own.

On Tuesday, I went back to my Rheumy and he put me on Trazodone. He said it should help me sleep. That I should take 1 night before bed and then supplement with the Zanaflex. And I should keep taking the tramadol, 2 in the morning and 1 in the late afternoon.

Has anyone been on this combination or on Trazadone? Does it help?

Old 07-03-2010, 08:14 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: New here, Not to Fibro though

hi vicky,
welcome to the boards. i am sorry i have no answer for you. i don't take any meds for fibro. i just wanted to welcome you here. i hope someone else is able to help you.
again welcome to the boards.
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2010, 08:29 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

Hi Vicky,

I too, am on tramadol and trazodone, as well as other meds. I have to take 200 mg of tramadol at night and 200 mg of trazodone as well and still only get about 3 or 4 hours before I wake up in intense pain.. I have been on gabapentin, which did nothing for the pain. Also have horrible nausea that I treat on my own..The pain and the exhaustion are my two biggest issues right now. I haven't been able to work in a week now, and not sure when I will be going back..

Hope you feel better,

Sandra

Old 07-04-2010, 01:34 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

HI Vicky and welcome - I'm sorry I can't help as I don't take meds, have you tried taking any vitamin/mineral supplements - I take fish oils, a really good multivitamin, vit c, vit d, glucosamine sulphate and finally ultramusclease (which includes magnesium) (the last one is new for me) - these have all been prescribed to me by a nutritionist - good luck

Closed Thread