It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2010, 10:24 PM   #1
(female)

sylviasix HB User
Personality Changes in Fibro and CFS

I was reading something recently that one of the symptoms of Fibro and CFS are personality changes. I use to be happy all of the time always laughing and just had a great personality. People would always complement me on my personality (even while I was sick). For the last few years I have had absolutely no personality. I can hardly laugh and I am not myself. I don't know what to say around people. I'm just there. I was going to talk to my doctor about switching around some medications to see if that was causing this but now I am really scared that I am just going to be this way since it is a symptom. Can you relate? Is this what they are talking about when they say personality changes are a symptom in fibro and cfs? Please any help you can give would greatly be appreciated. I am really scared. I am afraid that I may lose my husband as well soon due to this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2010, 08:03 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Personality Changes in Fibro and CFS

talk to your doctor. that sounds more like your meds are altering you. personality changes can be related to many health issues. we get sick, something changes. normal. i went to a wonderful shrink for 9 years. with his help i learned about choices and decisions. i choose to be happy, i choose to laugh. while that may sound easy it was not so easy 15 years ago when all this started. i thought i had a handle on it all but i was wrong. i was changing and did not like what i was seeing.
i think i was lost. alone within and lost in a body i did not know. i grew quiet, spoke seldom and withdrew from everyone. not healty.
tho i am not the bouncing ball i was i am content with who i am now. laughter is again my best friend. mostly i laugh at myself. i give myself one day a month to feel sorry for me and the rest of the time i just live each day and find my bits of joy in every moment.
speak with your husband and consider getting a helper. that's all a shrink is, a helper. i went to a psychotherapist. no drugs, just help. learned new skills for living in this ever changing body. nothing has helped me more than having healthy coping skills for every day life.
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2010, 10:37 AM   #3
(female)

sylviasix HB User

Thank you for your response. I am definately not choosing to be this way. Like I said I was fine while sick for the first 5 years and it hit me in just the last couple years. I will be talking to my doctor about my meds. I am still wondering though if this is what they mean by personality changes.I surely hope it is the meds. Thanks again and have a wonderful day.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:37 AM   #4
(male)

vince10 HB User

Oh boy...I am a perfect example. Some days I will not even answer my phone due the the way Fibro makes me feel. I put off making calls to people I have to talk to also. I just do not want to be bothered. On my good days, I am a totally different person.

Closed Thread