It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2010, 03:45 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User
Scared of Savella

Hello all,

My doctor today gave me a 14 day starter pack of savella. I am already taking
wellbutrin 150 mg, lexapro 20 mg, trazodone 200 mg, tramadol 200-400 mg, atenolol 25 mg and hydrochlorathiazide (sp) unsure of the dose? Is adding savella to that asking for trouble??? I am afraid of serotonin syndrome? Any thoughts??

Thanks a bunch

Sandra

Old 07-07-2010, 05:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User
Re: Scared of Savella

I would discuss all the meds you are on with your doctor and it wouldn't hurt to ask your pharmacist too!

I am on :
100-mg Savella 2x a day
10-mg Amatryptaline 1x a day
75-mg Diclefonac 2x a day
50,000 IU Of Vit D 1x a week

ALL ABOVE FOR FIBRO AND ARTHRITIS (Vit D for deficincy)

also on:
Metformin
Crestor
Estroderm Patch

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2010, 11:31 PM   #3
(male)

vince10 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooolgrl View Post
Hello all,

My doctor today gave me a 14 day starter pack of savella. I am already taking
wellbutrin 150 mg, lexapro 20 mg, trazodone 200 mg, tramadol 200-400 mg, atenolol 25 mg and hydrochlorathiazide (sp) unsure of the dose? Is adding savella to that asking for trouble??? I am afraid of serotonin syndrome? Any thoughts??

Thanks a bunch

Sandra
It sounds like trouble waiting to happen. Why would your doctor give you four different anti depressant meds? I tried all of them you have listed. I had a doctor who tried the multiple drugs at the same time and then added Ambian. But that was only two drugs. I was like a Zombie. he told me it will take a few weeks to get use to the side effects. Well they got worse. I almost ran into a parked car, I could barely remembe I was even driving and I stopped taking them. Savalla has been around in Europe for the past 10 years under the name milnacipran. I did not like it. Wellbutrin does the opposite of Lexapro and Trazadon as far as their effects on seretonin in the body. So I don't get that at all. The Tramadol and the high blood pressure meds should be ok with Savalla. I do not like the dopey feeling Lexapro, Zoloft, Elival, etc gave me. So I stopped them all and take Tramadol everyday and Provigil whenever my fibro fog or fatigue get bad.
I would not mix all those meds together.

Last edited by vince10; 07-07-2010 at 11:32 PM.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:07 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

Ok, spoke to a pharmacist today and he told me the only drug that would interact seriously with the savella is the tramadol, which isn't helping the pain anyway so I may as well stop that, I do notice the savella helps sleep. That I definitely need. Gonna try it and keep a tight eye on my BP.

Thanks all!!

Sandra

Old 07-08-2010, 02:11 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Good Luck!!

Old 07-08-2010, 02:24 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks!! I will keep posting!! I hope it works..

Old 07-09-2010, 06:26 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Good Morning all,

Day 2 of Savella. I cut out the tramadol, took my trazodone (100mg) and day 2 evening pill of the Savella. Slept from midnight to 7. Relatively pain free. A big jittery but not bad. I am going to try and get laundry done today. I am really hoping this works so I can get on with my life...

hugs (soft)

Sandra

Old 07-10-2010, 04:54 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Savella update: Midnight last night lying in bed trying desperately to sleep, my heart rate at rest is over 100. Palpitations, shortness of breath...I am definitely NOT staying on the savella. I am really bummed, I had one fairly good day..The pain is back tenfold. I am glad this drug works for some. Scared the heck out of me..

Old 07-10-2010, 06:49 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

You know, if day 1 was good and day 2 was bad, maybe you just need a lower dose.

Old 07-10-2010, 07:37 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

I was wondering that, but it is the lowest dose in the titration package.
I am terrified to take it again, totally scared the daylights out of me..

Old 07-10-2010, 01:17 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Toolgirl,

The hart palps is a side effect of the Savella, and should go away. But I would contact your doctor to discuss thyis issue to see how they want to handle this.

I personaly did not get the hart palps from the Savella, I already deal with hart palps with out it unfortunately, but what I realy suffered with was dizzyness, feeling like an almost being high?? Also SEVERE SWEATTING!! I mean it was pouring off me!!! I hung in there and kept taking it..it is now over a year since I have been on it and YES it has helped me..BUT I have been going into ALOT of flares lately..don't know why. BUT I will say I am alot better on the Savella then being off the Savella.

Again its your body you should decided, but at least speak to your doc about it too!!

Old 07-13-2010, 04:34 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

My doctor is putting me on gabapentin at an increased dose. Hopefully it will work because at the lower dose it did nothing. But from what I understand you can go quite high on the milligrams. So instead of 200 mg per day she is upping to 600 mg per day divided into three doses. And since I don't have insurance she is looking into a sleep medicine that I can get fairly inexpensively. I understand it is just trial and error until the right mix of meds finally works..

chin up all

Sandra

Closed Thread