It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2010, 05:26 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User
New Fibro med in the works?

Hi all

A friend of mine told me today that he read that there is a new Fibro med waiting to be ok by the FDA and will hopfully be out in the fall?? It is supposed to be better then Savella...
Anyone here of this new drug?

Old 07-08-2010, 12:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB User
Re: New Fibro med in the works?

I haven't heard, but am curious! I do have a question for you DJL, I saw you have had a fusion on C5-7. Did you have it done all at once or on section at a time? I had a C5-6 fusion 3 years ago and am bulging at C6-7 and was told in all likelihood I would have to have it fused too. I was curious how much it affects your range of motion, if at all. I ache so much at my site from arthritis and inflammation of the surrounding soft tissues so I am never out of pain. Hope someone knows about the new drug coming!
Mim Gregg

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2010, 02:28 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

I had it all done at once!!!
I was in bad shape prior to my surgery with loss of feeling in the C-5 nerve part of my arm, 3 fingers and if I tried to grab anything with my left arm it would go totaly numb like hitting your funny bone feeling and it would go like dead on me....

I had compresion on my spinal cord with loss of CSF Fluid..not good..BUT the surgery truly worked for me..yes I can get some issues at times but NOTHING like before

BUT like you, I may need a second surgery...I have compression AGAIN at my C4-C5 compressing my spinal cord..but no loss of fluid THANK GOD!!! So see what happens..

My doctors feel that the damage that was original happend to my neck is what most likly triggered this whole Fibro thing!!! But who knows....something else down the line could of done the same thing..

As for recoup..wasnt easy at all. I couldnt drive or lift ANYTHING for 3 months. Did PT for 1 month or so. Itv took a good year for my motion to get better in my kneck and help the pain in the c5 to go away ALMOST totaly..I stress ALMOST cause till this day wich is 4 years after the fact I still DO get pain in that nerve every so often...

Old 07-09-2010, 01:47 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB Usermim HB User

Ouch! I am hoping that if I do have the next surgery that it will finally ease off the pain. It seems the more I hurt in my neck, the more the muscles in that area go into flair....ugh! Hopefully we will both improve eventually. Mine is from a head and neck injury I got in a fall, and not much later developed the fibro. I guess the accident was my trigger. Hope we do hear about an improved and good working new fibro drug soon!
Mim Gregg

Old 07-09-2010, 01:11 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

My injury came from putting up a Christmas Tree!!!! I turned the wrong way I guess and then bam!! I got all numb and sharp pain shooting from the back of my head down my spine into my left arm. I though I pinched a nerve real bad (history of pinched nerves along with herniated diswks in my lower back) So honestly, didnt think much of it. It eventualy felt better, then issues started and 3 years later found out I needed Nuerosurgery asap!!!!

Tyhen about 1-year after my nuero surgery started with this realy weird symptoms...HELLO FIBRO!!!!

Hopefully we will be painfree one day!!!

Old 07-10-2010, 06:55 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User

Hi djl, Could the new treatment be JZP-6 (sodium oxybate) you are referring to ? From what i read this is a oral med, Jazz Pharmaceuticals.

JZP-6 (sodium oxybate) is a central nervous system depressant in development for treatment of Fibromyalgia, is what i understand of it.

You may want to read more upon this med, again from what i've read this can be highly addictive. Maybe for some not all, again i don't know alot of this , just from what i've read about it. As we all know not all meds work the same for all.

i really wish there were such a magic pill for Fibromyalgia, although i think so many are trials. as much research with Fibro is much needed.

Just thought i'd share with you of what the new med could be that your friend had mentioned to you.

Wish us all well
BeHappy2

Old 07-12-2010, 04:13 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

That COULD be it.. Im really not tue sure. My friend mentioned it to me and he said he was gonna look more into it for me. He did mention that there was alot of side effects...

Closed Thread