It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2010, 04:09 AM   #1
(female)

Cabingirl555 HB User
Fibro and ssd ssi

Good morning. I have a severe case of fibro and applied for SSD 3 yrs ago. I recently had my hearing before the ALJ who indicated at the end of the hearing "I'm not sending you to our SSD doctor and I have enough info to render a decision in 30 days." My question: Has anyone applied for SSD and rec'd it? I have no clue how to read this judge, I simply know the continual pain and discomfort that I am in. (I'm 54 yrs old and worked full time for 31 yrs). Thanks for any replies and help. Lori.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:01 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Fibro and ssd ssi

hi 555,
welcome to the boards. yes i am on ssi for fibromyalgia. got it the first try. the wording they used on me was, while we feel she can work physically the emotional stress of everyday work is beyond her ability due to inability to process stress.
so basically i got it on a mental related to fibro. that was 16 years ago.
will keep my fingers crossed for you. be glad you are not seeing their docs. they have some odd ducks, i've met a few over the years at reviews.
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2010, 09:03 AM   #3
(female)

Cabingirl555 HB User

Thx, Blue, for responding. I am a "newbie" to these forums and I would like to post throughout the various topics to not only obtain info for myself, but to help others. The past 3 yrs of going thru the SS system have been horrible. At times I felt like no one really wanted to listen to me or, worse yet, "believe" in me. I only know that what I feel is heartfelt and surreal. Fibro pain is an ongoing day to day issue. Most nights I don't sleep because my legs are aching. I stop and think to myself, how the heck can my LEGS ache if I'm horrizontal and trying to relax and sleep???? It sounds crazy, but it happens. And then I go to this ALJ hearing after 3 yrs. and he (the judge) is a pretty decent guy and not being mean to me. He simply asks a few questions and off I go. My family has a history of alcohol abuse and I have acknowledged that and when he asked if I drank, I told him it is an issue within the family and I try to abstain. But every so often (every 3 mths or so) I indulge too many and I admit it and I'm not happy about it. So now I'm concerned that the judge is concentrating on my "use" of alcohol, which is minimal as I described. Ugh....so you see, my friends, from my posting here, that fibro pain and stress are like a merrigoround and never ending. The bottom line is I cannot work, I haven't worked as a paralegal in 3 years, and can someone pls help me.

Old 07-08-2010, 01:20 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

then we must hope he sees your honesty and chooses to grant you your ssi. mine was a sweetie pie. so gentle and nice.
you do know the drinking makes fibro pure hades? glad it never was my thing. sorry you battle that. it cannot be easy. especially if you are surrounded by it.
i will be thinking of you in my morning meditations when i ask for all things for others.
peace,
blue

Old 08-05-2010, 05:39 AM   #5
(female)

Cabingirl555 HB User

BLUELAKE:

Simply stopping in to say good a.m. and hope all is well out in your neck of the woods. I'm still awaiting my decision, meandering along to the good ol' mailbox every day. However, I am keeping a much more positive outlook, for the health of my heart and soul. Have a great day everyone!

Old 08-05-2010, 06:23 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

hi 555,
glad to hear from you, thanks. very pleased to hear you are keeping your peace as you wait. fingers crossed for you and more meditations. i will have a great day if you will, kay? giggle!
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 08-05-2010, 06:45 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

I was just told by my doctor that I cannot work for at least a year. My symptoms are so bad that I cannot drive unaided. And being trained as a veterinary technician that is a job that requires being on your feet all day, lifting and handling heavy and fractious animals. My boss has been hedging all along and refusing to let me go so I told him today what my doctor said. So he basically told me I was resigning, needed it in writing from myself and my doctor and now I have to wait and hope for disability. I was hoping he would let me go so I could collect unemployment in the meantime. So depressed.

Sandra

Old 08-05-2010, 06:48 AM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

apply anyway. tell them he pushed you into resigning. it's worth a shot.
he sure sounds like a turkey. sorry he pulled that on you.
peace,
bluelakelady

Old 08-05-2010, 07:26 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

Hey BLL, I did file for unemployment, but now my negative mother is freaking cuz its gonna screw up my disability, I swear negativity is a lot of my feeling bad...I keep telling her to stop please because it is making me worse but she doesn't..

thank you my dear

Sandra

Old 08-05-2010, 09:35 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User

You can probably get the unemployment. I was let go from a job when my Fibro first started to really show it's bad self. I missed a lot of work days due to that and trying to raise my 15 mo. old grandson. I was able to collect because of the Fibro situation and applied in person with a letter from the doctor. Hey you have to have something to live on, right. Hope it works out for you.
Cat ;0)

Old 08-05-2010, 11:50 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank you all and I want to apologize for jumping into the conversation earlier.

Sandra

Old 08-06-2010, 07:14 AM   #12
Facilitator
(female)

sometimes, and i do mean sometimes, it is okay to ignore moms. i think my mom worries more than i do about my future. bet yours does too. jumping into a conversation is always cool. we all do it.
only time will tell how this plays out for you. ask mom to have patience cause you need that most from her. emotional support and patience with what is.
peace
bluelakelady

Closed Thread