It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2010, 07:49 PM   #1
(female)

bellagal HB User
face and eye pain fibro?

hi i was diagnosed with fibro last year,i was in so much pain everywere for years that always got put down to virus or infection..i eventually got diagnosed after going to a rhummy.
im on dihydracodene 30/paracetamol 500 about 6 times per day also butrans patch 15mg and gabapentin 2,400mg.taking all these meds have helped my pain levels and i attend a pain clinic every 6weeks or so.
the thing is i do have a new problem iv started to have face pain,i dont mean pain in my jaw iv had that for some years now,the glands in my neck keep swelling up then going away after a few days but now the swelling has stayed. my cheek is also swollen and very painful my eyes are the same also burning and one of my eyelids keep half closing.i dont no if this is related to the fibro iv had this for about 5 days constant (in my cheek and eye),even with the pain meds im on its not touching it, im in agony.i think its nerve pain on my cheek but im not sure.all around the back of my neck is slightly swollen and painful too.iv also got chest pain and had pneumonia about 6wks or so ago,that i cant seem to get rid of.my temp is up n down all the time.
i thought i had this whole fibro thing finnally under some control,now im thinking i havent.can anyone with fobro relate to all this neck and eye etc.i dont no if i should call the clinic early or wait till my app in a few weeks with the rhummy. my gp is constantly giving me blood tests fbc glucose,vitb12,serum and perniciouse anaemia also other stuff.i do have a vitb12 def my gp will not treat till he finds the cause and also he said its cause i have a high white cell count.i dont no why but these are his reasons.i just want an idea if it could be smthin else or even vitb12 thats causing therse new symptoms.im fed up now with this,i also have arthritis and chrones disease.many thanks in advance for any replys and your time. bellagal

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2010, 07:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User
Re: face and eye pain fibro?

My thoughts would be to call and see if you can get in sooner to see your Rheumy. When calling, let them know about all of your swelling and pain as they may try to get you in much sooner. If they are totally booked and can't get you in any sooner, ask for them to call you if someone else may cancel their appt. so you can take that person's appt.

Ask to speak to your Rheumy's nurse if you can't get in any sooner.
I hope you get your medical attention soon as possible.

Wish you well
BeHappy2

Old 07-11-2010, 01:11 PM   #3
(female)

bellagal HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeHappy2 View Post
My thoughts would be to call and see if you can get in sooner to see your Rheumy. When calling, let them know about all of your swelling and pain as they may try to get you in much sooner. If they are totally booked and can't get you in any sooner, ask for them to call you if someone else may cancel their appt. so you can take that person's appt.

Ask to speak to your Rheumy's nurse if you can't get in any sooner.
I hope you get your medical attention soon as possible.

Wish you well
BeHappy2
thanks for your reply,i cant get to see the rhummy any sooner.i did call the nurse who work in the pain clinic but she was too busy to come to the phone,i was told to see my gp and if i still had the symptoms to call the nurse back nxt tuesday.i didnt go to my gp as its a wast of my time useless is what my gp is.iv been taking extra dihydracodene / paracetamol but theyr not really helping.i just really want to know if its cause of the fibro or smthin else. if anyone has had this could they let me no please...bellagal

Old 07-11-2010, 03:24 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User

Wish i could be of more help. You really do need to see a doctor.

I've not heard of the eye half closing and the neck swelling as you are describing due to Fibromyalgia. You also have chest pain and recently had pneumonia, please see a doctor. Even if it means seeing your GP whom you feel does nothing, see him and you may want to consider finding a different GP soon as possible. I would definately keep your appointment with your rheumy but in the mean time see a doctor.

i hope you find a new GP that you feel comfortable with, don't give up looking. You mention other medical conditions that you have, a doctor needs to see this neck swelling and eye half closing. Don't ignore your symptoms, follow through and please see a physician soon.

Having chest pain is serious, seek emergency care if you feel needed to do so. i hope all is taken care of very soon.

Maybe someone else here as more suggestions for you.
Please keep us posted as what all this could be.
Your Health is important and we certainly don't need doctors to ignore our symptoms. I'll be thinking of you.. hope all is well soon

Be Well
BeHappy2

Old 07-11-2010, 06:57 PM   #5
(female)

bellagal HB User

hi behappy 2 you are right i do need to see a dr.my problem with going to my gp is there are 4 in the surgery and only one of them seems to take any time to listen when you go in.its a lady dr and she is only there part time with no set days.the surgery doesnt allow you to book app you need to phone on the day you are sick and one of the drs call you back that day or the next day.i will call tomoro i suppose its worth going in they might put my mind at ease.both my eyes feel like theyr on fire.im very uncomfortable all over and felt very sick since last night.
iv just had an x-ray last week and iv to go for a heart scan and a spiromertery test (think thats what its called) iv had them both done about a year ago but after my gp examined me last week she felt i should get them done again.i think its because i still cant get a breath i had to blow into a tube in and it only went to 180 then 200 was the highest she said that wasnt a good result, as it should be about 400 - 500 due to my weight and hight.i just cant seem to feel better since taking the pneumonia. im starting to go on a bit sorry for that,im sick of being sick.
many thanks for your kind words and taking the time to reply to my post.i wish you the best of health. bellagal

Closed Thread