It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2010, 02:26 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User
Funny brain fog story!!!

OK, well, I swear my brain fog is getting SO WORSE!! I tend to have to constantly re-type things cuse I am having spelling issues.

I know what I want to type and then when I go to type it I just TOTALY forget what it was!! I can't seem to remember anything anymore!!!

Listen to this that just happend to me 2-days ago....

I call and left a message for MRI to schedule my yearly mamagram. Normally I would get a call the same day after leaving a message..but no one called me back..so I called them again. Well, I got a woman on the phone and told her my name and that I need to schedule an appointment and had left a message yesterday regarding this but no one returned my call. So, the woman proceeds to look up my name and sad to me " You ARE here scheduled to go on July 24th at 11am. I said "I am?" " But how could that be, I havent spoken to anybody at MRI to schedule it?" She said you are deffinately listed!" So as I am on the phone with her I go to look at my calender, and low and behold written on MY calender on that day in MY handwritting is Mamo at 11am!! Needless to say I was beside myself..BUT so I wouldn't look like a TOTAL airhead, I said to the woman" OMG, yes, I see it written on my calender!! I am so sorry, but my sister called and scheduled the appointment for me and must of totaly forgot to let me know about it!" "I then proceeded to say, "I will see yah then, good bye!"

I cannot believe that I forgot speaking to anyone there and scheduling this!!!!

I am truly LOOSING IT!!!!

So anyone else with a funny fibrofog story???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2010, 02:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

djl HB Userdjl HB Userdjl HB User
Re: Funny brain fog story!!!

I swear i dont remember making that call and scheduling this!!!!!

Old 07-09-2010, 05:43 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

I don't usually get fibrofog, but I did have surgery a couple years back with general anesthesia.

A few days later, Mom was visiting and she asked if I'd gotten discharge paperwork from the hospital.

I said no. My husband said, "Yes."

"No."

"Yes, and it's in your pocketbook."

Check the pocketbook. Still no memory.

Find a folded paper. With discharge instructions (Oh, those could have been useful) and MY SIGNATURE. Still no memory.

It did come back after several minutes of staring at the paper, but it's pretty wild.

Old 07-20-2010, 11:59 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

baserockermom HB User

Ok, I totally relate to the appointment story. I would say the same for the discharge instructions story except that was a cheat because of the anesthesia. My latest stupid... yesterday I was checking out at the grub store and asked the lady if she could give me a $50 bill for three $10's and a $20. I get the bill and think to myself, "Keep it crisp--you can't just throw it in there this time." (My son is going on a trip and needs a crisp $50 for the moneychangers.) So the lady says, "Sure" and I think hands me a $50 which I place somewhere safe in my pocket book (I thought my wallet.) I go to a drive thru, pay with a $5 and get $3 back in change. I go home. I have no $50--not anywhere!!! Did I fixate so heavily on crisp that I neglected to notice I got a $5 rather than a $50--did I look like that easy a target??? Did I pay with a $50 at the drive thru and get change back as though I paid with a $5--did I look that dumb and then confirm I was that dumb?

My husband used to get frustrated, but now he just smiles and tries to console. "Honey, someone else just must have needed it more than you." "Honey, we just didn't put enough money in the charity budget this money--these things have a way of working themselves out." Later he asked if there were tests for Alzheimers. I've not even lived five decades yet!

Old 07-20-2010, 12:27 PM   #5
(female)

zoro2007 HB User

I have one For you!!! I started my car in the winter to warm up, I went inside to get something, I was ready to leave and started looking for my keys all over the place my anxiety level was really high by then, after half an hour of turnning my house inside out I went into my bedroom and I could hear my vehicle was on!!! OMG!!! I was so frustrated with myself and when I told my daughter she said good thing we didn't have a garage or the fumes would of killed me! Maybe I should have my husband build a garage!!! lol

Old 07-20-2010, 01:11 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

And another similar one from me - I was on my mobile to my business partner and she could hear me turning my handbag upside down looking for something - when she asked me what I was looking for - I responded "my mobile!!" - Doh!!

Old 07-20-2010, 02:35 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

baserockermom HB User

Ok, zoro and sweetlife, y'all both tie. You're both complete nuts.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:40 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

baserockermom HB User

BTW zoro, I have a relative who left his keys in his car at the airport... with it still running and he didn't find out what he did until the police caught up with him the next day. Dumb and dumber?

Old 07-21-2010, 05:39 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

elle45 HB Userelle45 HB Userelle45 HB User

I have done both of those things more than once. My favorite one for me is one day I could not find the remote. I looked all over for it. Later that night when my husband came home from work I was cooking dinner and he was looking for the remote. He than opened the fridge and I said " don't eat , dinner is almost ready". He said "I'm not, I am looking for the remote". Sure enough that is where it was.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:23 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

baserockermom HB User

Ok, now that just beats all. What were you thinking???!!!!???

Old 07-21-2010, 08:24 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

I have a few, but thankfully I forgot alot of them. I made zuccinni bread not too long ago. It came out of the oven very flat and tasted differently. Well, duh.....the flour was still in the measuring cup.
I still can't figure out what I did wrong for sure, but I tried to make cute Easter eggs with jello, cream cheese and cool whip. It was like soup. I must have doubled the water?
I went shopping one day and couldn't find my car. This was back in the 80's so I didn't have the remote stuff to make my car honk at me. I wandered around and around the parking lot, getting more tired and upset. I finally set down on the curb, trying not to cry and failing miserably. When I got up, I suddenly had the fog lift and there was my car on the next row.
It's always fun isn't it to forgot your phone number too. sigh

Old 07-22-2010, 07:59 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sunsetnan HB UserSunsetnan HB UserSunsetnan HB UserSunsetnan HB UserSunsetnan HB UserSunsetnan HB UserSunsetnan HB UserSunsetnan HB UserSunsetnan HB User

I have a "fibro fog" moment(s) nearly every day now that I am in a flare. I don't remember the plots and endings of movies that I have watched, so when I re-watch a movie, the ending is still a surprise. Names and places, directions, even whether I've eaten or taken a pill seems to escape me at times, many times. GPS is my new found friend! I've forgotten water boiling on the stove, meat on the grill. You can imagine my reputation as a cook. My husband says dinner is ready when the smoke alarm goes off!

I can also relate to the jello mishap. I remember one time telling my husband I forgot the jello recipe. He looked at me and said, "You just add water!" I still can't live that one down. I know that I had a funnier story to relate to you, but I can't remember it! lol
Best Regards,

Last edited by Sunsetnan; 07-22-2010 at 08:05 AM. Reason: addition

Old 07-22-2010, 05:40 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

baserockermom HB User

Sunset and mel, y'all need to get out of the kitchen, seriously! Sunset we have the same timer in the kitchen. My father-in-law used to refer to my cooking as burnt offerings. Jello, huh? That's really complicated. Mel, I felt those same tears again today. So I go back to the grocery store. Go thru self-checkout. I need to be checked out somewhere, that's for sure. Got all the way out to my car before I realized I did not get my $20 cash back out of the cash back bin. Forgot which register. This was at the same walmart I lost $50 at a couple of days ago. Fortunately, no one else got cash out so it was still sitting there, but some of us need to look into long-term insurance. And I'm not thinking I'm the only one.

Old 07-23-2010, 07:37 AM   #14
Veteran
(female)

elle45 HB Userelle45 HB Userelle45 HB User

Yesterday I went to the bank, I filled out the deposit slip and sent it up the shoot. The teller sent it back saying "mam your at the wrong bank". EMBARRASSING!!!

Old 07-23-2010, 08:36 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Okay, so one day I was cleaning the house and doing laundry. I washed all my pants, so I was wearing shorts. It was a cool fall day, but I was indoors and moving around, so shorts were ok.

Then I went out to the store about 1/2 mile away for a quick errand. I was walking back, got about 1 block, and realized my legs were very cold.

Ah. That's because I'm not wearing pants.

Wait, why didn't my legs get cold on the way to the store?

Because... I drove.

Then I realized: I'd forgotten my pants and my car, in such a way that they cancelled each other out!

Closed Thread