It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2010, 11:23 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User
searing burning pain in shoulders

Is this part of this? My shoulders hurt so much, I am so uncomfortable. I was just diagnosed three weeks ago. Is it normal to have burning searing pain, like you have stretched out your muscles without having done so?

thanks

Old 08-10-2010, 09:11 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: searing burning pain in shoulders

hi tm,
yes and you will notice it may move to other areas of your body at times. it will also go away and come back. i suggest a good massage or some time in a hot tub. that always helps me. the most important thing is to not stress out and remember to breath slow deep breaths and move even tho it hurts. a heating pad is better than nothing if you have one and cannot get the massage or hot tub.
do some deep breathing slow and easy. pain is increased when our oxygen level drops and it does when we breath shallow due to pain.
hang in there, it's a trippy ride. learn to laugh at your body, it helps alot.
peace,
bluelakelady

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2010, 04:17 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User

Thanks. It does come and go, and does travel as well. Hot baths do help. I would love a massage, little pricey though. I wish they were covered under health insurance.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:09 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

i had to do some looking for a private massage couple that works on a sliding scale. i started out paying full price, cause i could. then my finances changed and now they do me for 20 dollar tip (which they said was not necessary) and i get 2 to 3 hours of tandem massage. there are people who really care about healing more than just income. search for one with a sliding scale, you may be pleasantly surprised. i was.
peace,
blue
ps. i go every other week. they offered me every week but i cannot take advantage of such generosity. i get one this saturday, yipee!

Old 08-12-2010, 02:56 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

i get a lot of burning pain especally down my right leg nto my foot, my foot also feels numb when i get this. I always have that tender point acting up in the butt when i get this. The chiro told me it is nerve pin.

I get it in my chest wall and shouders also, feels like a major sun burn or a really bad brush burn.

Hugs, Linds

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Old 08-12-2010, 04:04 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User

Massage may be covered under your insurance if you go to a chiropractor. It is then considered physical therapy. I do understand, however, that not all insurance companies cover chiro care.

Kirstee

Old 08-13-2010, 06:06 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank you all, I will look into the physical therapy part. Even my co-pay is high now, thanks to the insurance company's new rates, so it is tough for me to do anything. I've been big on the warm baths with epsom salt, but nothing beats a good massage.

I wish you all a good pain free day!

Closed Thread