It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2010, 11:56 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User
Do you dream? Question on deep sleep...

I hope I'm not posting to much! I am so full of questions! I've had problems for so long it's nice to know what's going on. It's so wonderful to find others that understand...

My Rhumetologist asked if I dream. I said no, very rare. He says that I'm not sleeping deep enough. Wants me to get deep sleep.
Anyhow, trying to keep this short because I talk to much! lol

Do you dream? Sleep deep? How do you know you get a restful night sleep?
It's my understanding that sleeping deep will help me feel sooo much better. So, I am curious how much it helps? I'm excited because I feel like I'm on the right path...

It is suggested that FM is caused from lack of restful sleep. Very interesting...

Thank You,
Tori

Old 11-16-2010, 12:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB Usergoldyfm HB User
Re: Do you dream? Question on deep sleep...

Maybe you need a sleep study to investigate your sleep habits. I know I had one initially and was found to have restless leg syndrome which was waking me up to 20 times an hour. After repeated months of feeling so horrible and not being able to function from sleep deprivation, I had a second more thorough study and was found to have sleep apnea. The good thing is that you can be treated for both conditions and it should help with your sleep habits. If I do not use the treatment, I wake myself having conversations with whoever I may be dreaming about. LOL

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2010, 12:23 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB User

Please don't feel like you are asking too many questions. That is what this Board and we are here for!

As far as dreaming, I have always been a dreamer my whole life, until I started not feeling well. I was diagnosed and I did have a sleep study and it showed no abnormalities, no apnea or RLS, even though I had such fatigue.

Now that I have gotten the right mix of meds for night time, I do dream. I have unusual dreams, not nightmares, just weird things. I don't always remember them but I dream especially right before I wake up in the morning, so I do know that I dream and it does make a difference.

Sweet Dreams to you,
Pam

Old 11-17-2010, 06:27 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

sometimes i dream just before i wake, not often. during the years of no sleep there were no dreams. i also had a sleep study done. rls and alpha intrusion. i quit tucking in my bedding and the rls eased up over time. i do take meds to induce sleep.
no such thing as too many questions. always feel free to ask anything. we all do.
peace,
bluelakelady
ps. one of the meds i use affects the subconcious so dreams are seldom but usually funny.

Old 11-17-2010, 11:19 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

I have very vivid dreams, also right before I wake up. They are usually in a series, the same dream every night. It just keeps continuing. Very strange.

peace and love
Sandra

Old 11-17-2010, 01:04 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooolgrl View Post
I have very vivid dreams, also right before I wake up. They are usually in a series, the same dream every night. It just keeps continuing. Very strange.

peace and love
Sandra
OMG so do i. But this is a symtom of panic attacks, I think Fibro too. I often wake up in an attack when I have these dreams, I too have the same dream sometimes it's like a story that keeps continuing.

Old 11-17-2010, 05:11 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

You do dream, but you may not remember them. This is what I was told. When you go to bed at night, the first dreams are wishful thinking, dreams toward the morning are venting dreams. You have something you are trying to work out and may not be able to. Dreams can be symbolic too so don't take them literally.
A sleep study is an excellent idea. If you do not reach stage 3 or 4 you can ache more as the body needs to regenerate itself in good sleep. Sleep problems are common with fibro and that is why antidepressents are given just before bedtime due to serritonin shortage in the brain.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mel52 For This Useful Post:
Pammyann (11-18-2010)
Old 11-17-2010, 05:48 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBunny89 View Post
OMG so do i. But this is a symtom of panic attacks, I think Fibro too. I often wake up in an attack when I have these dreams, I too have the same dream sometimes it's like a story that keeps continuing.
That is strange. I don't have panic attacks though. These dreams usually regard the finding then losing my "soulmate". Or about being back home and my Dad is there. He passed away 10 years ago. But I usually dream about him every night. The dream about the soulmate is the dream right before I wake. I think they're interesting, but it makes me sad because I miss my Dad so.

Hugs
Sandra

Old 11-17-2010, 10:08 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sunsetnan HB UserSunsetnan HB UserSunsetnan HB UserSunsetnan HB UserSunsetnan HB UserSunsetnan HB UserSunsetnan HB UserSunsetnan HB UserSunsetnan HB User

I have always been one to dream often, and would wake and remember my dream, and tell my mother about them in detail. My youngest son does the same, and my mom must have been a saint to have listened to all the boring details. I just smile and nod.

I have had continuing dreams in the past, and right before I would go to bed, when I was sleepy, I would remember the end of the dream the night before... like you said, continuing the same dream. I am sometimes amazed at how vivid some of my dreams have been. Maybe due to a medication.

Right now, I only remember dreams just before waking, whether in the middle of the night or in the morning, and I forget them a few seconds later. But, I am in the middle of a flare. I sleep better if I eat a little something before I go to bed.

I read somewhere that nightmares are usually when your blood sugar is low, like in the early morning- like when you sleep late.
Well, time for bed, Night all,
Pleasant Dreams,

Old 11-18-2010, 01:45 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooolgrl View Post
That is strange. I don't have panic attacks though. These dreams usually regard the finding then losing my "soulmate". Or about being back home and my Dad is there. He passed away 10 years ago. But I usually dream about him every night. The dream about the soulmate is the dream right before I wake. I think they're interesting, but it makes me sad because I miss my Dad so.

Hugs
Sandra
it could be a symtom of Fibro. I can't always remember my dreams, sometimes i can. Aww i'm sorry about your dad. I too sometimes dream about the people I lost in my life I think it's because you miss them, or are thinking about them before you go to sleep.

take care

Old 11-18-2010, 10:49 AM   #11
(female)

HaileySunshine HB User

Hi
These are good questions because I dream alot I go through every emotion every night and an exausted in the morning. My doc wants me to get a sleep study?
Have a great day
HaileyShine

Old 11-18-2010, 04:29 PM   #12
(female)

Starpainter HB User

I have fibro and have several very vivid but usually scary dreams every night.. unfortunately even when i get deep sleep enough to dream i still wake up feeling like i got hit with a mack truck and am super stiff and sore all over. I wish i could tell you that getting good sleep will help. In my case it def dosent and no matter how much i sleep it dosent matter im still exhausted. I hope that in your case it will help and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

The following user gives a hug of support to Starpainter:
HaileySunshine (11-19-2010)
Old 11-18-2010, 04:42 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starpainter View Post
I have fibro and have several very vivid but usually scary dreams every night.. unfortunately even when i get deep sleep enough to dream i still wake up feeling like i got hit with a mack truck and am super stiff and sore all over. I wish i could tell you that getting good sleep will help. In my case it def dosent and no matter how much i sleep it dosent matter im still exhausted. I hope that in your case it will help and my thoughts and prayers are with you.
Thank You everyone

I try to be realistic. I guess I still grasp for reasons why I always feel so awful... I've spent 12 yrs trying to figure out what's wrong so I can cure it... Now I find out there is no cure... Still grasp for straws I guess... Hopefully it'll atleast get better... I really wish they had more studies on this for us...

Old 11-18-2010, 08:32 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

i was a bit freaked tonight. i was up from 12:30 am last night till about 2:30 today and slept to 9:30 but i didn't wake up on my own my mom woke me up. i didn't feel like i was waking up during the day either. anyone else have this problem.?

Old 11-19-2010, 06:45 AM   #15
(female)

HaileySunshine HB User

Same for me the mornings are the worst. Can hardly get out of bed and the emotions from the dreams effect me all day. My doc wants me to see a psychogist who specializes in dreams thought mabey that would help but ofcorse the ins won't cover it. Oh well best wishes to you! Keep strong!!
HaileySunshine

Closed Thread