It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2010, 06:00 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

fibrostuff HB User
I know this isn't related to fibro but...

I feel like you guys might be able to calm me down.

My right nipple is bleeding. Not out of the nipple like discharge, but on the side almost like it was cut. Not a lot of blood. I noticed it because it is itchy. I just got out of the shower. It has already stopped bleeding, and was just some dots of blood.

I just got my period, not sexually active, can't think of what I could've done. Chapped?

I am on a trip so I can't run to my doctor.

Thank you

Old 11-20-2010, 11:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User
Re: I know this isn't related to fibro but...

I'm not much help... Mine is itchy. Not sure if it's from Fibro or now. Seems to come & go... Maybe you cut yourself accidentally while shaving? I get bruises & cuts sometimes & can't figure out how. I have a cut on my finger. It's been bugging me since this afternoon... But can't for the life of me figure out where it came from...

Tori

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2010, 06:45 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi,
first suggestion is see your gyn about it when you get home, even if it does not happen again. could be seepage from fibroid cysts. do you injest much caffeine? do you have tapioca sized bumps in your breast tissue and are they sensitive? did you wear a new bra recently? for now some antibiotic salve should help. don't want infections and a little bandage to protect it from your clothing.
was the liquid red or dark red almost purple?
peace,
blue

Old 11-21-2010, 12:03 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

fibrostuff HB User

Drops of bright red looked like they were coming from a cut, it is not the center but the side of the nipple. It didn't bleed long and now looks like a cut that has closed.

I can't figure out how I could have cut it in this spot! I have been going over it.

I was just at my doctor the day before. Go figure.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:15 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

fibrostuff HB User

Oh and I have caffeine in the morning but I don't think a lot and my friend gets those cysts that you mentioned and I don't think that's what this is although I just got my period so breasts are tender, no new bra.

Chapped? Or cut it in some odd way.

Thanks for helping me thru this!

Old 11-22-2010, 06:36 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

sounds like the tissue cracked open. do you have dry skin issues? use some salve and cover it. still i would consider seeing your gyn about this. our nipples are tender tissue but resiliant. they were meant to stretch and contract.
take care and if it happens again well, you know what i am going to say so i won't. giggle. instead i am sending healing energy for your owie.
peace,
blue
ps. anytime girlfriend, anytime.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:54 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

biogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB User

bless your heart, fibro. sounds painful. hope you heal soon!! Hugs, Diane

Old 11-22-2010, 11:25 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

fibrostuff HB User

I do get dry skin so its possibly that or a weird cut which is just like me to get!

Thank you for responding and helping calm me down. I needed to think clearly. And I thank all of you!

Closed Thread