It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2011, 01:11 AM   #1
(female)

louisef1 HB Userlouisef1 HB User
Sick of feeling sick and tired

I have suffered FM for many years, with CF, they do seem to go hand in hand. I am at my wits end at the moment with pain and extreme fatigue.I cannot get enough sleep, then at night I am awake at all hours.I have been feeling like this for about 2 weeks and am feeling very low as I have no strength in me to do anything at the moment , I am waiting for the day that I wake up and feel normal again. I feel embarrassed as I am sleeping all the time and feel like crying because I am sooooo tired, in fact anything does trigger me off. I don't want my family to think I am lazy or depressed but I cannot help but sleep and have low energy. If I do have any energy it is very short lived and into bed again...... I don't know how to cope with this as I work part-time (thankfully) and have other commitments that require energy.
I am on medication but it does not make me tired like this, this is a different tired.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: louisef1
Clare1975 (01-14-2011), wwwgirl (01-15-2011)
Old 01-14-2011, 01:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Searchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB User
Re: Sick of feeling sick and tired

I know what you mean about being tired. This world just makes me tired!

It is a dilemma. I also have fibromyalgia.

Try not to get depressed. If you could find something that helps with the pain I believe you would be helped with the fatigue. Also, you must stretch and do low impact exercise. You have to make yourself do it if only for five minutes. Yes, I do understand. I don't have that many days that I can move but when I do it just does wonders for my self-esteem and my outlook on life in general.

Sincerely, searchin

The Following User Says Thank You to Searchin For This Useful Post:
louisef1 (01-14-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2011, 04:15 AM   #3
(female)

My doctor does not seem to listen to me when I speak about the pain. I am on 20 mg twice a day of Morphine phosphate and 40 mg of endone a day and I have spoken to him about increasing my medication as it it not taking enough of the pain away (especially at present) he seems to ignore me and thinks I am on enough. I have an appointment in 5 months at a pain clinic (I have had to wait nearly 12 months to get in) and I am hoping this will prove to be better. I have tried other meications for nerve pain but have not found any relief.

Old 01-14-2011, 07:57 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

Hey there!,
Have you tried Cymbolta? I have had awful anxiety which makes me worry & stress about every little thing. If I over do it or stress, it not only causes aches & pains but causes me to feel flat out exhausted. I'm used to being beyond tired but if I'm not careful, I'm so exhausted I don't want to move. Maybe it's not so much as pain medication as it is to prevent the stress that causes the flare ups...
If you are sleeping allot, it's because your body is telling you that you need the rest.
I'm learning to take care of myself for the first time in sooo long. Sometimes you spend so many years taking care of others your own self becomes last. We need to take care of ourselves so that we can take care of our families.
I hope you find relief soon!

Old 01-14-2011, 05:11 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

biogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB User

Seems like lotsa docs tune out when the pain subject comes up. Especially if the subject includes opiates. Nice, huh! Hope you get the help you need!! Diane

PS I have been sooooo tired lately, too!! dang

Last edited by biogirl71; 01-14-2011 at 05:26 PM.

Old 01-15-2011, 01:34 AM   #6
(female)

wwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB Userwwwgirl HB User

I feel the same way. I was just diagnosed with Fibromyalgia this past November after having suffered from chronic pain since about 2004. I had no idea what was causing my pain and honestly thought I was dying a number of times because of it. I have been and still do become hopeless a LOT because my Rheumatologist refused to give me a medication to help with the Fibromyalgia symptoms at the time. She told me that she wanted me to work on my depression and see how that goes. Well, to me, that is pointless. I have been working on my depression since at least 2003 and it has yet to get better. I am hopeless BECAUSE I am in so much pain. That is what these doctors don't seem to realize. They don't seem to care to be honest with you. They just slap a label on you and let you go.

Also, it seems like since being diagnosed, my pain has become more severe. I can't STAND winter time anymore. There is just something about the cold that makes me hurt so bad it isn't even funny. I am going to get in to see my regular doctor soon and demand that I be sent to a pain clinic. I am sick of being miserable every second of my life.

The following user gives a hug of support to wwwgirl:
louisef1 (01-15-2011)
Old 01-15-2011, 05:33 AM   #7
(female)

wwwgirl, you should not have to go through life in constant pain. The doctors are not doing their job if they are not trying to help you with quality of life, I think they assume unless you are dying then there is no need to take medication of the opioid kind. I'm not saying this is the only thing available but I do understand the need to be pain free as we are more productive and your general being is happier. When I am in pain for long periods I am grumpy , sensitive and short fused, not nice for anyone hey! This week because of the amount of pain I had been in I was a mess emotionally and physically and not much chop for anyone to be around, I have also observed that I am spending less time with friends or people in general, because of my illness I cannot be bothered to talk or be around others, what is the point, I am always tired and in pain.
What I don't understand is why it has not improved as I have aged?I use to have periods of wellness and pain free weeks, now I am lucky if I get a few hours? Why is it so constant now? It has become more debilitating than ever.
My explanation for my FM and CF comes from the time I was sick with Ross River Fever , infected by a mosquito bite. I lived in the tropics of Australia and Ross River Fever was not uncommon where I lived. I was in bed for about 3 months at the age of 21 after contracting RRF and was very sick with muscle aches and a tiredness I cannot not describe only to say I could not even feed myself. I recovered eventually and then found that every few months I would have like a period of sickness with the same symptoms but not to the same extent or duration, This continued for years until I saw a doctor about it and he said I no longer had RRF but had FM. Again I would have a reprieve from the symptoms for months then be crook with an attack until the attacks got closer and closer together, I never dreamed I would be taking the medication I am on, as I have never taken anything stronger than a panadol/aspirin until I could not stand the pain any longer.I really hope they find a cure for FM soon so we can go back to our lives as we knew it before the pain and tiredness. I would never have thought I would be living in this much pain and that FM could be so debilitating to one's life.
I have heard people say they think they have FM and throw the word around like it was just a common cold now I realize that those of us living and suffering from it would not even compare it close to that of a cold or few aches and pains.If only a cure were as easy as food changes and herbal medicines. A doctor I saw has recommended "human growth hormone treatment'', it is very expensive but I am starting to think maybe it's worth a go? Does anyone know of this treatment or had it?
Cheers

Old 01-15-2011, 06:09 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

I feel so lucky that my NP really listens to me, she will sit and just listen for an hour if I need her to. And she totally listens when it comes to pain and the need for relief. I just wish the damn pain pills weren't so expensive!! But I can't really complain, I get a lot of my meds for free. I only have to pay for the opiates.
peace and love
Sandra

Old 01-15-2011, 06:55 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

biogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB User

Dang, there IS no reason for anyone to live in pain. Guys, prayers and hugs for all. Just remember, nobly can possibly understand what this is like. Xoxoxo diane

Old 01-16-2011, 06:41 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

I just want to add that depression and fibro go hand in hand. I have learned through the help of my lovely NP that to compartmentalize(sp) the depression away from the fibro is easier than trying to roll everything into one and treat it as one entity. Now I know not everyone is suffering from depression as well but I do. And am on wellbutrin and lexapro and have been since my psychotic ex husband was poisoning me. I have learned to ride the wave of depression and keep it in a little box where it belongs. Yes, I have days where I just want to cry, but I see that little box and I put myself above and away from it and ride on. It works. Being upbeat and positive helps tremendously with fibro. I feel fortunate that I have learned to do this, and also feel fortunate that I only have to take pain meds to deal with the fibro. Keep laughing everyone!!
peace love and laughter
Sandra

Closed Thread