HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Fibromyalgia (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/fibromyalgia/)
-   -   I'm complaining again (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/fibromyalgia/834795-im-complaining-again.html)

tmrots 02-08-2011 05:35 AM

I'm complaining again

Maybe it's the weather, maybe it's moving 70 plus boxes at work four days ago, what ever it is, I have had it. I just went out to walk my dog for 20 minutes and couldnt' wait to get back. I usually look forward to it, but every stinking part of my hurts. I want to crawl up in bed and rest, but have to venture out and work. I took a bendadryl and ibuprofen last night to help sleep, and it did help after a hot bath, but still I tossed and turned from pain. I know I have to take tylenol or something today, but really, really, hate meds. I havent' started on any yet since my diagnosis. One, too expensive for me and two, I hate all the side effects. Even tylenol pm is a bit strong, so I take the 200 mg with benadryl first.

I know you can't help. I just had to get it off my chest. thanks for listening.

tooolgrl 02-08-2011 05:45 AM

Re: I'm complaining again

Oh honey, this place is for venting. It definitely helps to talk about it. I am sorry you feel so lousy. I know if I wasn't taking pain meds I would be off the wall. I have to take them, I don't like to, I don't think anyone likes to but for me to function I need to take something. I hope you feel better, and please vent away. Good lord knows I do..sending healing energy and good karma..
peace and love
Sandra

bluelakelady 02-08-2011 06:14 AM

have you tried sleepy time tea? i used to drink it every evening to sleep. it worked. tho i would have to get up once to pee during the night.
some days are not worth repeating. giggle. sending warm hugs and sunshine to heal your aching body. 70 boxes? no comment, other than, dang girl you're awesome!
healing hugs and
peace,
blue

monalisa24 02-08-2011 09:43 AM

Trust me we all understand!....vent vent vent HERE!!!...so we can try and be loving to our family's i say...

Tylenol does nothing for me, have you tried Ibuprofen? long story short for over 4 yrs i was on massive pain pills and other meds for my pain and i was still in pain but had soo many side effect, to many to write down here.., now for over 2 yrs im not on anything but Ibuprofen. But i don't work outside of the house soooo i can lay down if need be.
i feel for you,....(everyone) here that must work outside of the home....

Hugs to you all!..Monalisa

NAPPSIE 02-08-2011 09:54 AM

I haven't got any good advice just wanted to tell you I'm sorry for your pain and you know we all do understand!

tmrots 02-08-2011 02:16 PM

Well, coming home from work to these warm and fuzzy notes made it so much easier. I can't wait to finish dinner, sit, have tea, and just veg out. Take a hot bath and relax. I guess the good thing is , I did go to work, it hurt, burned, etc. but, I did it. I worked through it. Now, tonight, I can let my body heal before I start again tomorrow.

I will try ibuprofen tonight and see if it helps.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR LISTENING!!!!!!

thefarm 02-09-2011 08:30 AM

I complain on this board also :) Everyone here knows what you are going through, family & friends don't quite understand. I feel better being able to post my thoughts. If I talk about them to my family, I feel like they'll look at me like I'm nuts lol We are here for you ♥
Hopefully you can find relief soon! Have you tried Magnesium? It's a natural muscle relaxer, highly recommend it.

biogirl71 02-09-2011 09:40 AM

Magnesium malate has helped me some with the muscle pain. However, iboprufen does not help me and it makes me bruise something awful! Right now I do not think that I could work without my pain meds. Unfortunate...but true. The department that I am in at work now (microbiology) involves alot of thinking so it actually distracts me sometimes. (if my pain is semi-tolerable). complain away! we all understand!! Hugs and prayers, Diane

tooolgrl 02-09-2011 04:56 PM

Magnesium is great stuff. I get these horrifically painful esophageal spasms that are very intense sharp stabbing chest pain. Magnesium works on muscle spasms. I love it. I'm out and need to get me some. Cheers and enjoy your night. I'm curled up with the furry ones. xoxo
Peace love and hairballs
Sandra :D

tmrots 02-13-2011 05:23 AM

Thanks for the answers, I am going to try magnesium, is it ok on the stomach though? I have IBS and dont' want to flare that up too. I woke up so sore today. RIght down to the fingers and toes, so I will be staying in and off the computer for a while. I haven't been on for a few days, was really busy and I guess I am paying the price now. I guess that's how this goes, but at least there are some good days in between.

Have a good day today!

tooolgrl 02-13-2011 05:35 AM

I have colitis, and never has the magnesium made it worse unless I took too much. Which you don't want to do anyway. It causes some really weird things if you take too much. One of them being diarrhea. If you follow the dosing instructions you will be ok. I know I was taking 3 tabs per day for esophageal spasms. I don't know the strength because I ran out but I got a big bottle of it at walmart. xoxoxoxo
peace and love
Sandra

tmrots 02-13-2011 06:54 AM

OK, thanks i will go out and get some, tomorrow. Today, I want to just sit and heal. ( in hot tub in a tropical island, with a drink with a parasol)!!! OK, my bathtub and then a cup of tea will do too!!!!!