It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2011, 10:14 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

monalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB User
Fibro and Menopause....?.HELP!

hello,
well straight to my question..
Ive looked up everything i can find about Menopause but haven't been able to find the answer, maybe there isn't one.
my history: Ive had a Hysterectomy at age 40.. im 48 now, still have one ovary.

Can anyone here tell me alittle about what and when and how long,.. does it go away??
what and how does this effect us and what if anything do we do... take ..HELP!

Hugs..Monalisa...

Old 02-09-2011, 01:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User
Re: Fibro and Menopause....?.HELP!

Hi honey, I'll be 51 on Saturday and have been peri and full on menopausing over a year. I've gone about four months with no period and the hot flashes are a delight. I've had fibro since I can't remember. Officially diagnosed in 2004. I also have a rare but benign colitis so between all three of those I'm a train wreck. Lol. I'm a happy one though, things could be so much worse
I can't answer your question though, sorry can offer my ears to listen and shoulders to cry on or just to hug too..life is good and I'm enjoying this wonderfully annoying metamorphosis into the best part of my life!! xoxo
Peace love and cooling breezes
Sandra

The following user gives a hug of support to tooolgrl:
monalisa24 (02-09-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2011, 10:23 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

monalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB User

oohh wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The following user gives a hug of support to monalisa24:
tooolgrl (02-10-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to monalisa24 For This Useful Post:
tooolgrl (02-10-2011)
Old 02-10-2011, 04:02 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

I feel for you Monalisa. I'm 52 and have been thru and done with menopause (yea!) for about 5 years. I was a nutcase with mood swings and emotions coming and going as often as the hotflashes. My family walked circles around me in fear that I'd bust another nut on them. Throw in the FM and you can imagine how fun it was. But hey, the good side was I got no menstrual cramps. We're all different and your symptoms and length of time could vary from mine.

It wasn't until I scared myself that I did some proactive reading and a visit to the doc to get my life under control. I went the natural route and used a little progesterone cream, soy isoflavins and black cohosh. Get your hormones checked by your Dr. , that way you'll know what you need to take weather you go natural or bio identical.
I recommend this book: I called it my menopause bible.
The Wisdom of Menopause: Creating Physical and Emotional Health and Healing During the Change, by Christine Northrup. The Revised Edition .

Good luck to you, it's a fun ride.

The Following User Says Thank You to WoodsWalker For This Useful Post:
monalisa24 (02-11-2011)
Closed Thread