It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2011, 02:56 AM   #1
(female)

75angel HB User75angel HB User75angel HB User75angel HB User75angel HB User75angel HB User
No sleep feeling awful and not liking cymbalta any advise?

My insomnia is the worst it has been in years the last time it was like this and i am ashamed to say this was when i took pot to sleep!! then gave it up and couldn't sleep for weeks! but i was well then well not like this anyway was working etc.

Its so hard to know what to do being at home and virtually housebound since christmas its not like i can go for a quick jog like i used to or have a joint not now i have kids no no ( only as smoking is bad for you)

I have tried not going back to sleep though that is so hard! and if i don't i usually fall asleep just before the kids are due home or at 7 before they do then i wake in night. or i'll go back to sleep in the morning which has been working well for months till before christmas when the sleep got worst its always been bad even before i got ill i sleep very light and my mind buzzes. It used to be i sleep for 2 hrs straight then i wake turn over go back to sleep and thats how it goes i see kids off to school then if nothing planned go back to bed for 2 hrs in morn and i got by on that. But just before christmas when i started having flare after flare ( a link there i think no sleep more symptoms/pain) i now either cant get to sleep at all like last night i finally fell asleep at 1 am only to wake at 3.30am and not to go back to sleep at all not even now at 10.30am i fall asleep reading playing a game doing this email lol but then i wake bolt upright in a start or just wake and am bright awake then i read on again it happens so embarrassing in fact its good i am on my own, it makes my fibro fog worst i cant concertrate get my words muddled i get short tempered my nerves feel fried if that makes sense i feel jumpy this has been going on weeks and it has been worst since going on cymbalta i am now restless and anxious which is odd as its ment to be an anxity med and i dont have anxity but went on it for pain releief advised by my rheumy who suggested it at night for sleep!! i have swapped it to the morn as it was keeping me awake i have gone up like i am meant to today to 60 mg and am meant to keep going up till i get to 90g which will be next week.

What are the doses others are on on cymbalta? did others have this anxious feeling when starting it? its been just over a week now. does it help others to sleep and do they take it for sleep?

what do others take for sleep??

i am going to go back to my drs though i have no faith in them i had to swap when i moved and they just dont understand the condition, i want a sleep study to see why i wake like that every few minutes when bad and never sleep more then 2 hrs ever except maybe twice in 4 years. but i dont want to suggest it as drs dont like that.

i actually felt better at the weekend and went out twice granted in the wheelchair then the scooter but its better then the house and bed. I have been able to start my exercise programme again strecthing and some marching slowley on the spot really helps, its half term for the kids next week so i wont be able to make up my sleep so is always mega hard, i have emade plans this week for the kids to have friends round as the first time since before christmas i feel better but if i dont get my sleep i will burn and crash.
sorry about the grammar and spelling i am so tired it's never that good anyway but its very bad today.

The following user gives a hug of support to 75angel:
caribear (02-15-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2011, 07:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB User
Re: No sleep feeling awful and not liking cymbalta any advise?

Sorry you are having such a hard time sleeping. Good sleep makes a difference. Have you had a sleep study? Also, when are you taking the Cymbalta? I take it and it helps me be alert, so I take it first thing in the morning. I tried taking it at night and it kept me awake. I take benadryl to help me sleep and it works well. Maybe you can take that.

Last edited by Pammyann; 02-15-2011 at 07:10 AM.

Old 02-15-2011, 07:21 AM   #3
(female)

75angel HB User75angel HB User75angel HB User75angel HB User75angel HB User75angel HB User

Hi

i was taking it at night for the first two nights but noticed it kept me awake so i swapped to morning but then i still dont sleep at night and then need to catch up in day and cant, i constantly fall asleep like now writing this and then bolt i am awake i feel so odd but then only get 1 or 2 hrs sleep a night for the past few weeks properly i have sleep deprivation maybe?
what is benadryl is that not a hay fever medicine?

Old 02-15-2011, 07:49 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB User

Yes Benadryl is an over the counter inexpensive allergy medicine. It contains diphenhydramine, so you may find other OTC medicines that contain the same ingredient. It makes most people drowsy, so it might help. However, there are a small percentage that it does the opposite. It usually doesn't conflict with other medicines too.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:46 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

Don't apologize for using pot. It is a natural pain reliever. It works wonders for me. I can't wait for it to be legalized nationwide. It helps me sleep like a baby when I smoke it..And it has no adverse effects.
peace and love
Sandra

Old 02-16-2011, 08:50 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

I didn't know there was a 90mg Cymbolta. I'm at 60mg & do great with that. Do you have depression? I have Anxiety which is what it helps so much for! I believe it helps with my pain also. If it's not helping, maybe you should try something else...
I take Cymbolta in the morning , keeps me awake at night if I take it.
I love Flexiril for at night, get good sleep I feel the same in the morning, good sleep or not but it atleast makes me dream.
I've never liked pot, tried it when I was a teen. I didn't like the disconnected feeling. Unfortunately, I've had that disconnected feeling since 99 when the fog hit. So, what's the difference right! lol But with it being illegal I was against it until now. If it were legal, I'd use it. Well, that is if my husband wasn't so against it. But knowing my husband, I have a feeling he'll talk me into it one day to see if it'll help with the pain. He had me try a percocet the other day, it didn't do anything for me? I imagine it would help allot with the pain & sleep! I do hope they legalize it one day & make it easy & cheap to find. Could you imagine how much $ that would bring in!?!?! It would be such a good thing for the economy! Anyhow, if it helps & you can get it, I say go for it!
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 02-18-2011, 09:45 AM   #7
(female)

julie10 HB Userjulie10 HB Userjulie10 HB User

I have made a decision to stop taking Rx for my fibro, as I have felt the side effects were outweighing the benefits. I use melatonin (an OTC, herbal supplement) for help with sleep. On bad nights, I'll take a warm shower, drink some chamomile tea, take a melatonin, and use a heated, lavender infused neck wrap to help me relax.

Old 02-19-2011, 06:03 AM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hey martinfarm,
in oregon it was legalized for medical use in 1998. talk to your doctors. there are also those doctors who will sell you a script too. they have them here in cali, tho my personal doc scripts it for me. always has. all 12 of my doctors know. even my docs who poo pooed it have come around. one who was very against it is now scripting it for his chronic patients to get them off morphine.
peace,
blue

Old 02-19-2011, 07:07 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

I take 60mg, thought that was the max. Last visit to my rhumy I mentioned maybe it was time for an increase and he told me 60 was it. That's when he prescribed me the Lyrica .

When I first started the cymbalta it was introduced slowly and the mg increased to 60 over a period of time. Maybe 60s to much all at once ?
Next visit we talk about med mj, it's legal for medical use here too.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:19 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

Thanks Blue
I have a feeling I'll do that one of these days. My husband is 100% against it... But I figure he'll come around one of these days...
In oregon they were were trying to pass a bill for dispensaries bu it's didn't pass. I think it would have been a good thing. The people who need it could get it cheaper & it would bring in good revenue. One of these days it'll pass
Back injury~ 2005
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 02-19-2011, 09:45 AM   #11
(female)

martinfarm

I am ment to go up to 90 mg on the cymbalta so you can go up you have to go up very slow i am thinking of going up now all the side effects have stopped but again worry if i have to come off i came across a site all about coming of cymbalta and thses people were having the most awful time even doing it slowly and that scared me still maybe i would never need to come off it, but one day i dream of not being on drugs any more.
I got some pot a while back 2 yrs ago when i was so bad and bedridden but i could not bring myself to smoke it as i have not smoked for yrs now and dont want to start again even for a joint a night i had thought of making cakes and putting it in but you need alot of it for that so have not used it since when i was well and used it in my youth before the kids came along and abit after but no more plus they are very hard here in the uk and i want do anything illgeal as i dont want a fine i cant pay or worst jail time. i dont think it is legalised in the uk or i would try it but how do they turn it into a drug and what does it have in it that helps? makes you laugh really as half the drugs i tried in my youth never made me feel as half bad as some of these legal drugs do now lol.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:05 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glad to see you are doing better!
I'm pretty happy with my 60mg, I probably would have done fine at the 30mg but the Dr raised me. I couldn't go back now though.
It is funny that the meds we get cause many more probs than something illegal... lol
Back injury~ 2005
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 02-19-2011, 10:53 AM   #13
(female)

yeah doing real good have you seen my post " feeling good have to share"

Old 02-19-2011, 10:57 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Just read it! That's great!
Back injury~ 2005
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 02-19-2011, 02:29 PM   #15
(female)

Aberlaine9 HB User

I've taken 90 mg of Cymbalta, but it was too much for me. I'm on 60 mg and take it in the morning.

I take 25 mg of trazodone at night and I sleep pretty well. I've tried adding Flexeril to it and end up feeling hung over in the morning.

I'm pretty sure if we could get a decent night's sleep (or two) we'd feel much better. But we don't get to stage 4 sleep, so our muscles don't heal, we end up with fibro fog, etc. I don't have sleep apnea, RLS, or anything that would intefere with my sleep, so I don't know what to do.

Closed Thread