It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2011, 03:34 AM   #1
(female)

smartie33 HB User
Magnetic Blanket For Pain

Hi -

I suffer from severe chronic long term pain. Have tried various magnetic bracelets but haven't seen any effect from them. However, I've also tried green foam insoles which you can find online with magnets sewn into them. I have to say that those have provided useful short term relief. If I wear them every day then they don't help, but if a particularly bad faler up starts which does not respond to any meds, then there have been several times that they have proved beneficial.

I am wondering about the blankets though and would like someone to advise me on what they think of those. Howeever, it is very clear that different people respond to different things.

My mum was given a magnetic/copper watch some years ago and it definitely helped her shoulder and upper back pain. Before, she couldn't get her coat on but within a couple of days it helped - and she only found out later it was meant to be a health watch.

Last edited by moderator2; 02-15-2011 at 06:09 AM. Reason: to make a new thread for you

The following user gives a hug of support to smartie33:
BeHappy2 (02-26-2011)
Old 02-15-2011, 06:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Magnetic Blanket For Pain

Such small magnets do not have any physiological effects, but clearly, buying this will make you happy, so go ahead.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2011, 08:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

I have never believed in the copper or magnets but that's just me... I know allot of people that have found relief from them for arthritis & stuff. I did have a copper bracelet once just-for-looks, it was very pretty! But, it gave me a horrible rash... ugh
If the magnetic insoles helped, the blanket might also Anything is worth a try right!
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 02-26-2011, 04:17 PM   #4
(female)

smartie33 HB User

Mmm... I must say Jane that your response seems rather patronising. I don't need to be told that buying a magnetic blanket will make me happy so go ahead. I want to know if anyone has ever used it, especially for pain related conditions such as fibromyalgia, and if it were beneficial or not.

I noted my experiences with the insoles just in case it might help somebody else who is suffering. I have also tried magnetic bracelets but they didn't help me personally. However, a blanket is an expensive outlay and I was looking for proper information to help me make up my mind.

Old 02-26-2011, 05:17 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User

Just a thought for the magnetic blanket.
Check out their return policy.
Possibly you could return blanket if you see no results with your pain.

I have not tried the magnetic blanket although have tried the
bracelet, necklace all in the past and they did not work for me.

A return policy would be a good start to look into before you purchase.

Keep us posted if you find a magnetic blanket that helps you with your pain.

Wish you well
BeHappy2

Old 03-01-2011, 07:55 AM   #6
(female)

Medley3 HB User

I have slept on a magnetic mattress pad...and it did help. This was a gift to a friend of mine..and I stayed at her house 1 night as she was gone..and I was watching her kids.This was a few yrs ago...and the pad had been sold thru a party kind of plan. I remember searching the internet for it...and never found it. I do know that it was around $600. Sounds expensive..but if works..worth it!

Old 03-01-2011, 06:39 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Please, guys, stop giving money to the manufactures of these things. They don't work, there's no reason to think they might, and I hate seeing scam artists get rich. $600 could buy you 10 good massages.

TENS or powerful electromagnets can act on nerves to relieve pain. These magnets are just too weak to do anything to you. Believe me, I understand the temptation to buy it. Everyone wants to find a cure. But this is not it.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:50 PM   #8
(female)

Medley3 HB User

The magnetic mattress pad that I laid on DID work!. I did not realize what it was that I was laying on...I just knew that I did not hurt that night. When my friend came home( she has lupus)..she explained what I had been laying on...so you cant even say that it was the power of suggestion, as I did not even know what I was laying on. That was several yrs ago...and maybe what they have out there now,doesnt work...but if I had been able to find that particular one, I would have gladly paid that much to not feel the pain that I was feeling. I also know that my friend that it belonged too was extrememly glad to have it. Her sister had bought it as a gift for her , as my friend was really hurting with the pain that you have with lupus. I am sure there ARE a lot of ripoffs out there...but this particular one wasn't.

Closed Thread