It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2011, 10:02 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

monalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB User
Positive ANA,High Sed Rate...Now what do i do?

I have a Positive ANA
High Sedative rate..sorry a divorce lost papers..
tested for lupus -Negative
Rheumatoid arthritis was also- Negative
diagnosed in 04 Fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue
Lyme-nagitive
Epstein Barr- positive but Dr said not active (most likely)..
Brain MRI-negative for MS
But Dr wants spinal, haven't had one due to Seattle MS hub said even if Spinal comes back Negative doesn't mean i don't have MS.

I guess my Question is...so this is it ?and now what? just learn how to learn to live this way the best i can? was on major pain meds ,antidepressants for over 4 years, nothing helped and i became withdrawn and my whole life was upside down ,,lost everything.
Now for over 2 years Ive been off all meds and don't see a Dr for this anymore. But is there anything else i can do to help myself?..sorry just rambling it looks like, just lost here and wanted to know if theres anyone else out there...wanting to know..what now?

Hugs Monalisa

Old 02-15-2011, 10:33 AM   #2
(female)

brooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB User
Re: Positive ANA,High Sed Rate...Now what do i do?

Positive ANA and high sed rate point towards autoimmune issues, however, they can take years to get a diagnosis. I have been in the process of being tested for Sjogren's Syndrome and Lupus even though my blood tests have come back negative my doctor still thinks strongly that I have both of these and that it will eventually show up in blood tests. She also treats my symptoms not my lab results which is helpful. Do you have a rheumatologist that you can talk to about this? They can be helpful, even though I got rid of my first one because she didn't listen to anything I said. Hope everything works out for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to brooklyngirl For This Useful Post:
monalisa24 (02-15-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2011, 10:51 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

biogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB User

Mona, all of this is so frustrating isn't it!?!?!?! One thing that you can do yourself is exercise, try to get enough test, and eat healthy. I figure the healthier I am, the better I can deal with my fibro...or anything else that comes my way. Also, supplements such as magnesium malate and a good multi vitamin are helpful (other I take include calcium, coQ10, lipoic acid, D3, Vit C, and omega 3 fatty acids). Hot baths also help my pain during a bad flare. prayers and hugs, Diane

The Following User Says Thank You to biogirl71 For This Useful Post:
monalisa24 (02-15-2011)
Old 02-15-2011, 01:45 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

monalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB User

brooklyngirl,
yes ive been tested for all that yrs ago and those all came up negative. but i do understand about tests changing after awhile..hhmm i wonder if i should open that Pandora box again?... been away from drs for over 2 yrs now,.. did every possible test know...but im sooo very tired of just (in the DRs) eyes a fibromite with really no hope and no cure..

The following user gives a hug of support to monalisa24:
caribear (02-15-2011)
Old 02-15-2011, 06:52 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

I understand about not wanting to go back into the world of diagnosis hunting. I walked away from that several years ago, I'm just not interested in further tests for these symptoms, because the tests are stressful and interfere with my coping mechanisms.

However, if I had a lead that I hadn't exhausted yet, I would definitely want to follow up on it. If I get something that doesn't seem fibro related, I seek medical attention. The ANA really does sound like you have an auto-immune issue going on. I would find a good rheumatologist and pursue it.

The Following User Says Thank You to janewhite1 For This Useful Post:
monalisa24 (02-16-2011)
Old 02-16-2011, 04:24 AM   #6
(female)

brooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB User

I hate going to the doctor's all the time too. I love my primary because she actually listens and discusses things with me and when I questioned the fibro diagnosis that my first rheumatologist gave me my primary agreed that she thought more was going on and referred me to another rheumatologist. Finding a good doctor is important and can take years, but when you do find the right doc it makes going much easier. I get blood taken so often that I am starting to feel like a voodoo doll with one one area for the pin!

The following user gives a hug of support to brooklyngirl:
monalisa24 (02-16-2011)
Old 02-16-2011, 09:36 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

auto-immune? like lupus?...I need to look it up..thx..

Closed Thread