It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2011, 01:23 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User
Question High fever flares

Hi all, I have been dx with this lovely monster since 2007 but am sure I have had it for much longer. I read all your posts and sometimes put in my 2 cents. Now I have a serious question. Yesterday morning about 3am I began what I thought was my usual "bad flare". I was pretty upset becasue I had just had one early Thursday morning and already had to take a day off of work for that one. A bad flare for me starts with restless leg or muscle twitching and then the bad chills set in. I go running for blankets, meds and lots of water because I know until I can knock myself out with xanax and muscle relaxers I will not feel better. These flares usually last from 6 to 8 hours and afterwards it's just plain weakness. I usually can get to work the day after. I had explained to my Rheumy that I get fever and chills because that's what it feels like. Like we all say "Flu symptoms". My Rheumy told me fever is not related to Fibro. She asked if I ever take my temp and I explained I am never near a thermometer when it gets this bad. Well yesterday I was and my temp was 103.2! I feel the same as if I had my "bad flare" but did not make it to work today. Plan on going to work tomorrow. I have had my flu shot this year. Does anyone have any thoughts about this? I am concerned now as to what is going on besides the Fibro. Have I been having these fevers for all these years? I have an appointment with my Rheumy on the seventh of March and can't wait to get there.
Love pain all,
Cat

Dx'd with Fibro 2007
Endometriosis
Barret's Esophagus
Gerd
Osteoarthritis
Anxiety Disorder since 1986
IBS
Diverticulosis
High Colesterol
Tachycardia
Depression - Now

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2011, 02:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User
Re: High fever flares

Heya Cat, I get the same when I'm on a really bad fibro and colitis flare. I've had to have my daughter pile every blanket in the house on me and then herself. Mine don't usually go higher than 101 but my norm is 97. I don't know what causes it, it could be stress related or just idiopathic. But I know one thing for sure, it happens and it's real. And it's related to fibro...xoxo
Peace and love
Sandra

Old 02-16-2011, 02:57 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User

Thanks Sandra, Good to know! The one other time I checked it was 101 and that was 7 years again. I too am usually a 97. When I woke this morning I was 95 and still a bit weak so stayed home from work so I did not push it. Thanks for the support. Stay warm!
Low pain all,
Cat

Dx'd with Fibro 2007
Endometriosis
Barret's Esophagus
Gerd
Osteoarthritis
Anxiety Disorder since 1986
IBS
Diverticulosis
High Colesterol
Tachycardia
Depression - Now

Old 10-21-2011, 09:52 AM   #4
(female)

daniac HB User

I have just been diagnosed (yesterday) with fibro, but when I told the DR about my fevers, and my temps running from 97-101, they thought I was crazy. Ran another CBC and sed rate test just to make sure they weren't missing an autoimmune disease. Well, they came back negative, and so has my Lupus ANA test and my cancer cell test, so they are sure it is fibro. There has to be something with fibro that causes the fevers. There is no other explanation. And, I am glad to know that others out there have them too. Thank you!

Last edited by mod85; 10-21-2011 at 10:19 PM.

Closed Thread