It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2011, 03:39 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User
itchy skin

I know this can be a problem with fibro, and for me, it's awful right now. My whole body is soooo itchy. I wound up taking tylenol pm to help sleep. The tylenol helps the body pain and the other component helped the itching. It is still here today even after that and an epsom salt bath. It's so annoying.

The following user gives a hug of support to tmrots:
Clare1975 (02-17-2011)
Old 02-17-2011, 09:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User
Re: itchy skin

I just posted about this the other day because I didn't now it was a symptom. It's extremely annoying isn't it! Do you get that creepy crawling feeling also? Like you have a bug on you or something... I didn't have this problem until a few days ago. I didn't think of an Epsom salt bath, I'll have to try it. Thank You for the idea! Have you found anything else that helps?
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2011, 05:26 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User

No. nothing really helps, I will take benadryl at night, but during the day it makes me even more tired than usual, so that's out. Yes, it feels like bugs. It's awful. I know that when estrogen dips during peri and menopause this is a symptom as well, so I think it's a combo of both. Either way, I've had it.

My pain today is so bad too. I worked two different jobs yesterday, a total of 13 hours and am going to spend my day off on the couch to rest of for work tomorrow. Not how I wanted to spend a day off.

I hope you get ot enjoy the weekend and feel better.

The following 4 users give hugs of support to: tmrots
bluelakelady (02-18-2011), catkaru (02-19-2011), fireflyfields (02-21-2011)
Old 02-18-2011, 07:05 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

it's the creepy crawlies. i remember that phase. it passes after a couple of years usually. it's the nervous system acting up. what i learned to do was look at the place where i was itching or had bugs under my skin and tell myself, see, there is nothing there. it's just nerves messing with your head. breath slow and deep. i used to scratch myself raw so that really had to stop. making myself know it is not real helped alot.
i think it lasted hard about 2 years. it still happens but not often and i go right to the mirror and see if there is a reason or just those silly nerves telling stories to my brain again.
peace,
blue

Old 02-18-2011, 07:36 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

I told my husband about it yesterday & he's so negative. "Everyone itches, I itch all the time, it's not a symptom". grrr I've been itchy before but this can be so ridiculous. I really hate the creepy crawlies! I woke up last week feeling like I had a huge spider on me. I swiped it away but not sure if there was one or not, it was dark. ick I hate bugs
Back injury~ 2005
Neuropathy
Migraines?

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: thefarm
bluelakelady (02-18-2011)
Old 02-18-2011, 07:45 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

men! what can i say? they have their reason for being, but it is not as a listener. nor an empathizer. rare is the man who has that gift. in my 55+ years on this planet i have yet to meet one.
peace,
blue

The following user gives a hug of support to bluelakelady:
tooolgrl (02-20-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
fireflyfields (02-21-2011)
Old 02-18-2011, 08:44 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks guys. It's good to know I am not alone. I did google fibro and itchy skin and found loads of articles about it so I know I am not losing my mind. It is hard to get men to get it. My husband tries really hard but can't quite understand. It's frustrating to try to explain we are not the way we once were, esp. when I try really hard to be. Then, pay for it for days. Right now I am ready for a hot tub, (which I dont have). Gonna just sit and chill.

Old 02-18-2011, 12:02 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Enjoy the hot tub! We have one but it needs cleaned, that used to be my job but not anymore! lol I'm ok with my bathtub though, nice & big & fill it full!
Back injury~ 2005
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 02-19-2011, 06:17 AM   #9
Facilitator
(female)

hey tm you can hop in my hot tub anytime. doors always open. giggle.
peace,
blue
ps. at least your partner tries. maybe you could pace yourself more so you don't crash after having fun?

Old 02-19-2011, 09:14 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks Blue!
For some reason it doesn't take much to over do it... Just sitting down & visiting with someone seems to take so much energy? I've had that problem since before Fibro though... Maybe it's the CFS? I just feel so exhausted afterward.
Doing good with my exercises though! I've learned my limits. I have a cold right now so makes it even harder but getting it done atleast.
I know you don't take meds, how do you do it? My Dr put me on a Anti-inflamatory & so far I haven't noticed it helping at all. I hate to take meds unless I need to. It's been about 1 1/2 weeks & still nothing. He said it needs to build in your system. The med is for my lower back pain because of the bad disk & arthritis. I take Cymbolta, Thyroid-S, Flexiril, Tramadol (when absolutely needed even though it doesn't do enough), the anti-inflammatory (forgot the name) then I take different vitamins & minerals. I was wondering what your input was on the anti-inflammatory...
Back injury~ 2005
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 02-19-2011, 01:46 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

I really need that hot tub today. I pulled my back at work this morning, even took two 500 mg tylenol, (4 hours apart) and it did nothing. I just laid down for two hours, hope it helps.

Old 02-20-2011, 06:35 AM   #12
Facilitator
(female)

jump in tm! schooching over now to make room. giggle.
tori i do take a nsaid for arthritis. it helps that. does nothing for the inflamation of my tissue tho. only joints.
how do i do it? giggle. attitude, adaptation, and being cool with whatever life tosses into my basket of goodies. meditation and imagination. i pretend alot. i pretend i can, and i can. my newest request to my family is an urn that looks like an oscar award, cause you gotta be one good actress to pull it off! it's all acting, but after enough time it became my reality. i do love my reality now that i can see the silver lining in every event. i get it!
peace,
blue

The Following User Says Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
fireflyfields (02-21-2011)
Old 02-20-2011, 08:33 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi blue,
You are an inspiration!!! You have me look at the bright side. I usually do that, but this thing called fibro kicking my butt. People around me dont' know how crappy I feel, so I guess this acting thing is good. It's good to be here to remind me that I have to keep on plugging along.

Thanks for your happy thoughts.

Old 02-20-2011, 09:25 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hey Blue
It's been over a week & haven't noticed anything. Do you think I should keep taking the anti-inflammatory? I mean, I'd notice a difference by now it it were to work wouldn't I?
Back injury~ 2005
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 02-21-2011, 06:03 AM   #15
Facilitator
(female)

you are most welcome tm. life is a stage so act!!
tori it can take up to 3 weeks to feel change if a nsaid is going to help. depends on which one you take. not sure if it will help fibro, it never seemed to with me. but, oh, what it does to arthritis is amazing. takes the razor blades out of my joints!
sending hugs and giggles on the wings of birds,
peace,
blue

Closed Thread