It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2011, 07:31 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User
B-12 & negative people!?!?

My friends sister is visiting & she's had problems. I can't remember the name of what she said she had... But she's dealt with exhaustion, pain, ect. I guess she had B-12 shots & doing allot better. So, of course she's telling me I need to get another opinion & I should get B-12 shots. I was irritated because the only reason I talked about it with her is because her sister knows allot of what I've been dealing with. I don't talk about any of my health problems with people & I wouldn't of if my friend hadn't brought it up. There is just a small handful of people that know what's going on. Even my closest family members such as my aunt & grandmother know about it but we don't talk about it because I know they have their own opinions.
For me I've had probs for so long it's wonderful to have a diagnosis! I love the fact that I finally know what is going on & why. I love that I am learning to control it. So I hate when people give me their opinions & they have no clue what is going on.
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: thefarm
caribear (02-18-2011), monalisa24 (02-18-2011)
Old 02-18-2011, 07:42 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: B-12 & negative people!?!?

hi,
she may be a pain in the arse and have you ticked off but actually you got some decent advise for a change. several of the girls here have them regularly and speak of it helping. i take suppliments. of course you have to do blood work first to see if your b12 is low or not. i keep mine a bit on the high side and it does help. i tried stopping to see if that mattered and it did. giggle.
the only way to not hear everyones opinion is to not speak at all. be open to it, you may learn something. most of what i do i learned from others sharing with me. sure some of it was wacked and i said, hey, glad it works for you. not my cup of tea, thanks for sharing.
now take a deep breath and relax. you gotta quit feeding fibro all this anger and stress girl. please.
peace and deep relaxing breath,
blue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2011, 09:49 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

So true. B12 is good stuff...Blue's right about people, lots with advice, few that are helpful. But you gotta kiss a lotta frogs to get a prince, if ya get my drift. Lol. People do want to be helpful, it's human nature. Don't let it stress you. Just smile and listen, put it in cold storage if it sounds too wonky. Smiling and relaxing feel way better than frowning and stressing. If they're really getting to ya politely change the subject. But talking about your illness is helpful too, keeping it all to yourself just adds more stress. I say dump it on anyone who'll listen!!! Hope you're doing ok. xoxo
Peace and love
Sandra

Old 02-18-2011, 11:58 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

Hey there,
I'm doing fine It didn't stress me just was irritated over the whole "get another opinion". I didn't mind the B-12 advice & yes, some advice may be helpful while other advice you just toss to the side. My mom got me some kind of exercise balls for my Birthday which are kinda neat. Supposed to help with Fibro, worth a shot I guess hu But nah, I didn't let her stress me or anything I just don't like to listen to people that tell me to get another opinion, Fibro isn't real, ect. I pretty much put up a wall if something like that is said.
My friend & her sister took me to Breakfast for my Birthday. Then my present from my hubby was a Massage & Pedicure. He also bought a package for my friend so she could come with me. It was relaxing, no kids. Then I came home to my hubby running out the door to an appt he had & so I had my 4 kids then the neighbors 3 lol But I was ready for it!
Anyhow, I'll have to get my B-12 tested & see about trying that. I figure anything is worth trying once.
Back injury~ 2005
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 02-18-2011, 01:41 PM   #5
(female)

Punkin2x74 HB UserPunkin2x74 HB User

I live with such a negative person it often makes me come off as a *itch to her because I won't have a conversation with her because it is always negative. Anyways if I do HAVE to interact with her I end up with every muscle and nerve firing off like I am plugged into a 220 outlet. Inanycase I get b-12 and lidocaine shots in certain areas and for about two to three weeks it works wonders then wears off and time to go back I to the docs.

Gentle hugs Punkin

Old 02-18-2011, 05:54 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

I started taking B complex about the time I quit trying the lyrica, so about 2 weeks now. What I was noticing today was this week I only took 1 nap in the afternoon. Usually I have a hard crash and burn around 3 and have no control, sleep was all I could do. So either I'm entering into an energetic phase or the B complex is starting to do something and helping some.

I plan on introducing malic acid into the regimen in another few weeks. As far as negative people, I just tune that part of conversations out. I think even tho people read about FM and it buffet of pains etc, they really do not understand it like they think they do or the depth of the pain and fatigue .

Old 02-18-2011, 08:07 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Well, ultimately the question for everyone facing such "helpful" advice is this. Is she saying it to try to help or to be a know it all? If it's the first, well, love shouldn't get stamped "Return to Sender." If it's the second, then don't worry too much over it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to janewhite1 For This Useful Post:
bluelakelady (02-19-2011)
Old 02-19-2011, 02:16 AM   #8
(female)

Clare1975 HB UserClare1975 HB UserClare1975 HB UserClare1975 HB User

Hi all, I had my blood tested 8 months ago. I wasn't told I was low on B12. I managed to grab a peek at the screen on another visit and it was around 330. I started taking sublingual B12 supps and had another blood test for iron and I requested my B12 be tested too. On a return visit to the Drs to complain about body pain, I again made a point at peering into their screen and saw the B12 results at just over 1000. It took only about 2 months to go from 330 to over 1000. The Dr did question whether I was taking B12 supps so I had to confess I've stopped taking them since. I take Maca Root instead - to encourage energy, and I must say that on the whole I have less total wipe out times just a steady tiredness. Would recommend it for all of us. Hugs, Clare x

Last edited by moderator2; 02-19-2011 at 01:14 PM.

Old 02-19-2011, 05:33 AM   #9
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

well said janewhite!!!!!!
peace,
blue

Old 02-19-2011, 09:29 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by janewhite1 View Post
Well, ultimately the question for everyone facing such "helpful" advice is this. Is she saying it to try to help or to be a know it all? If it's the first, well, love shouldn't get stamped "Return to Sender." If it's the second, then don't worry too much over it.
Thank You everyone! I guess I like to run these things past all of you because I take you more serious than most people...

She was definitely being a know-it-all which I think is what struck a nerve. I know she's had allot of health probs so I understand she knows what it can be like... But with her diagnosis I just listened & asked questions. I can't give advice over something I know nothing about so I guess I assume others are the same way, but they aren't lol. Don't worry, I really haven't let it get to me. It's been great reading what you all have had to say about B-12. I'm going to make an appt with a Neurologist so I can take to him about it.
Back injury~ 2005
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 02-19-2011, 07:20 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

I have to wade in on the B12 issue. At the beginning of 2010 I had such fatigue it was almost unbearable. My daughter was getting married in May and I didn't know how I would make it, but I did. I had appt. with rheumy in may, all he did was take my blood work and say everything looks good. I waited the next 3 wks. for my already scheduled PCP appt. When her nurse called that morning and canceled my appt. I said I have to see someone. So she set me up with the NP. She took one look at my previous blood work and said well you have a low normal B12 count. She said that could cause problems in some people. Would you like to try the B12 shots. I said I will try anything at this point. I give myself the shot, so I don't have to go there. One a week for four weeks and BOY did they work. After the 4 weeks it was one a month for two months and then in for another B12 blood test. My count had gone way over, something like 1700. The NP said let's just do them every other month and that's what I do. So far she keeps refilling the script and I stick to the every other month. I also do OTC liquid B complex. So even if you have a low B12 count, think about it if you are having problems.

Good for you Tori, don't let other peoples negative energy get in your way.

Glojer

Old 02-20-2011, 06:58 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

You said it true Glogirl, the B vitamins are so important to our well being. I take B12 religiously. It makes a huge difference..very well said..xoxo

The Following User Says Thank You to tooolgrl For This Useful Post:
Glojer (02-20-2011)
Closed Thread