It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2011, 03:17 AM   #1
(female)

Katika HB User
treating fibromyalgia with antibiotics.

I completely endorse treating fibromyalgia with antibiotics. I was treated by Dr Michael Powell and I think he is a remarkable and insightful doctor. He is getting excellent results with his patients and thanks to him I am now leading a pain-free life.

The face of medical care is changing; thanks to the internet, it is possible to bypass the ineffectual medical establishment and to find out directly about cutting-edge medical research such as that carried out by Dr Stratton and his team at Vanderbilt.

I found out about Dr Powell and went to see him. Like Poodleche I also live in the land Down Under, but the evidence is very compelling and my trip has proven well worth the time and expense.

They are scientists and freethinkers and they are my heroes.

Last edited by moderator2; 02-19-2011 at 11:45 AM. Reason: to make a new thread for you

Old 02-19-2011, 10:58 AM   #2
(female)

75angel HB User75angel HB User75angel HB User75angel HB User75angel HB User75angel HB User
Re: Antibiotics and Fibro....check this out!

wouldnt it be great to find a drug to cure the disorder rather then lots of drugs that just help you cope and manage the symptoms, it has very simular symptoms to lymes so could be a bacteria as it acts the same it always comes on sudden like bacteria does and grows and wax and wanes like bacteria does i will research more

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2011, 11:09 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

monalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB User
Re: Antibiotics and Fibro....check this out!

HHMM i looked this up and im not to sure what to think.. first of all its saying one needs to be on a antibiotic for a year ..that would just about kill me in its self! i don't do well on antibiotics, they make me very sick and i get terrible yeast infections from them...

Old 02-19-2011, 12:40 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: treating fibromyalgia with antibiotics.

I'm with you, monalisa. I have terrible reactions to antibiotics, stomach problems, yeast infections, allergic hives, etc.

I would consider it only if you have blood work consistent with some type of infection. Absolutely if you have lyme disease it would help a lot.

The following user gives a hug of support to janewhite1:
monalisa24 (02-19-2011)
Old 02-25-2011, 01:18 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

monalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB User

Hey janewhite1,
you said you get stomach problems, yeast infections, on antibiotics.. but was wondering if you also ,like me deal with that alot anyways? reason im asking ,i thought id share what ive been doing and its been helping so much.
i started eating Activia everyday for breakfast, cause i had to take a antibiotic a few weeks ago for a sinus infection, but i have IBS very bad! its been helping me sooo much, also i take one fiber supplement also a day.

Hugs Monalisa

Old 02-26-2011, 04:58 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

Have to be careful on long term antibiotic use. People are getting so they take antibiotics for every little thing and then your body can no longer use them to fight really bad illnesses. It would be wonderful if this was in fact true, but I am naturally skeptical of anything requiring long term antibiotic use. And there are some nasty side effects as the girls have already mentioned. I am not trying to be a negative nancy but I would think if fibro was an infection a lot of us would be getting a lot worse instead of getting better over time. And having flare ups regardless of medical therapy. What antibiotics are used?? And yes, if you have Lyme, not fibro, antibiotic therapy is warranted. Interesting thread..
peace and love
Sandra

Old 02-26-2011, 05:04 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by monalisa24 View Post
Hey janewhite1,
you said you get stomach problems, yeast infections, on antibiotics.. but was wondering if you also ,like me deal with that alot anyways? reason im asking ,i thought id share what ive been doing and its been helping so much.
i started eating Activia everyday for breakfast, cause i had to take a antibiotic a few weeks ago for a sinus infection, but i have IBS very bad! its been helping me sooo much, also i take one fiber supplement also a day.

Hugs Monalisa
Activia is great stuff, also remember the greek style yogurts out there like I think the name is chabo or something like that has many active cultures in it and work great as well. I have colitis and these yogurts are great for me. I just get sick of yogurt after a while. lol...

The Following User Says Thank You to tooolgrl For This Useful Post:
monalisa24 (02-26-2011)
Old 02-28-2011, 07:34 PM   #8
(female)

Nal HB User

Can i ask what antibiotics you are on? Now I have Lyme disease and i will say that antibiotics always made me feel WORSE. I mean terrible!! I would have a flare up while on them like no bodies business and i thought they would kill me.

That being said, some people with lyme and fibro do very well on antibiotics as long as they are being monitored. Do you also have Lyme disease? I wish you lots of healthy days ahead!

Old 03-01-2011, 12:44 AM   #9
(male)

drivetime HB User

I have helicobacter Pylori Infection on my stomach. Now I m taking two type antibiotic meds without Proton Pomp Inhibitor.

2 weeks Treatment

1 - Amoxicillin 1 g (two times a day , after meals )

2 - Clarithromycin 500 mg (two times a day, after meals)

When I take the antibiotic meds I m feeling such as "Speedy Gonzales". Very strong, very energetic and very calm. My all health problems go away as long as I take antibiotic meds. İts interesting but its so.

Perhaps, It is may be for antibiotic meds affect other bacteries (as lyme) on body.

The Following User Says Thank You to drivetime For This Useful Post:
tmrots (03-02-2011)
Old 03-01-2011, 05:47 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Hmmm.

One thing I hadn't put together until now:

Many antibiotics have anti-inflammatory properties. That's why they are effective against rosacia, and that could be why they improve pain in some people.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:07 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivetime View Post
I have helicobacter Pylori Infection on my stomach. Now I m taking two type antibiotic meds without Proton Pomp Inhibitor.
They put me on double that dose when I had that infection, but also on PPI for months so my stomach could heal.

I am also wary of anything that would have me on antibiotics for so long, but keep us informed on how you feel once you no longer take them for a time.

All any of us need when on antibiotics is probiotics, a multidopholis (or how ever it's spelled) is what I use whenever antibiotics are used.

My dog is on cephalexin for 10 days and she gets the probiotics too.

Closed Thread