It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2011, 06:29 PM   #16
(female)

fibro-worn HB Userfibro-worn HB User
Unhappy Re: Cinnamon Fat Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelakelady View Post
hey all,
i found a cinnamon suppliment. not expensive. been taking it every morning since i read this. since i have a hard time eating it seems to be helping me stay grounded when i get spacey from not eating.
best of all i am slowly losing the bloated weight gain from the steroids! it curbs my appetite that is stimulated in unhealty ways by the roids. going to start taking one in the afternoon today. craving candy less.
peace,
blue
awesome thanks for sharing this knowledge!!!
Blue When u took steroids did you have trouble with your face being puffy and also did your stomach seem to bloat up?

Old 06-10-2011, 06:16 AM   #17
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Cinnamon Fat Buster

hi f-w,
i am still on them. down to 2 mg a day. yea the moon face and pregger belly are slowly going down. i gained over 1 pound a day when i was on 5mg for 10 days. if i was off them it would go faster. giggle. i think i am sorta stuck with a bit of both as long as i take them, and it looks like that will be for life, giggle. watching my diet and taking hctz for the bloating. it's a diuretic. i am skinny so i do look funny to me. can't wait to be asked if i am preggers, giggle. at 56? i'd be nuts, so i can laugh about it.
peace,
blue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2011, 08:21 PM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

I have cinnamon supplements, but I can't remember why I am not taking them. This just reminded me about them. I'm going to get them out and try them again.

Glojer

Old 06-11-2011, 03:37 AM   #19
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

Congrats to all you who quit smoking!! I know how hard it can be, I quit about 25 years ago..Yay for healthy lungs!! I am definitely going to try and find a cinnamon supplement, I am still trying to get rid of the 15 or so elavil pounds that won't budge...glad to hear it works
peace and love
Sandra

The Following User Says Thank You to tooolgrl For This Useful Post:
monalisa24 (06-11-2011)
Old 06-18-2011, 08:03 AM   #20
Senior Veteran
(female)

fusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB Userfusionqueen HB User

I am off to buy these today!! Please update progress with the cinnamon pills. I sure hope they work!

Old 06-18-2011, 10:39 AM   #21
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

Congrats on Quiting Smoking! I remember quiting 11 years ago, wasn't easy. I think you have to have the mind set that you want to quit. If you don't, it's hard to quit. They have those nifty e-cigarets I believe they are called. You smoke them like a cigaret & you are able to monitor how much nicotine you get & slowly ween off it... I know a few people who have been able to quit this way! Wish they had those 11 yrs ago! lol
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

The Following User Says Thank You to thefarm For This Useful Post:
monalisa24 (06-18-2011)
Old 06-18-2011, 03:36 PM   #22
Senior Veteran
(female)

I bought the Cinnamon capsules today....500mg each...How many each time I take them with a meal?

Old 06-19-2011, 05:58 AM   #23
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi fusion,
take one 30 to 45 minutes before you eat. i notice i am less hungry and am very slowly losing steroid weight even with adding 1mg of prednisone to the 2mg i was on. so far it is helping me not gain more or have roid munchies.
it's not magic tho, you still have to watch what you eat and how much and when. night munchies will undo a whole day of eating healthy. i am at 128 now and, fingers crossed, so far holding there. make sure you drink plenty of water too.
peace,
blue

Old 06-19-2011, 06:01 AM   #24
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank you for the info. Mine are 250 mg each. Some things I read on the web say 2000mg a day WOW! Thats 8 pills. What MG are you taking?

Old 06-19-2011, 06:49 AM   #25
Facilitator
(female)

at this time i am taking 300mg once a day. considering taking another one half way thru the day as i do get hungry about midday and tend to eat more than i normally do. tho i only eat 2 times a day, how much seems to be the issue. what a change from a few months ago when i was shoveling ice cream in to gain weight. i feel better at 115 and that is my goal.
hope it helps you find you way to a lighter you. let me know if you would how you do on it.
peace,
blue
giggle, hope it helps me too!! 2000 mg a day is safe. just checked my herbal books.

Last edited by bluelakelady; 06-19-2011 at 06:50 AM.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:08 AM   #26
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

I find eating 6 small meals throughout the day works for me...I am never hungry and if I need a chocolate fix I have a glass of 1% milk and ovaltine. Cures that fix every time. If I want a salt fix, I make a bowl of air popped popcorn with a bit of sea salt. Right now I am baking a fat free apple crunch bake, with brown sugar and muesli topping..AND plenty of cinnamon
lots of love
Sandra

Old 06-20-2011, 08:11 AM   #27
(female)

Fantod HB User

With regards to blood suger, I have also been told that cinnamon is good for controling it. However, your blood type will dictate what type of cinnamon that you should be using. Take care.

Old 06-20-2011, 09:58 AM   #28
Veteran
(female)

monalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB User

@ Sandra..okay..thx!!!!!!!!!!........... now im hungry....lol.....................;p

Closed Thread