It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2011, 03:14 PM   #1
(female)

JacquelineH HB UserJacquelineH HB User
Lightbulb Cinnamon Fat Buster

Hi, I started to gain weight form having been to sore to workout and the drugs I take. The other day I found an article in a magazine that says cinnamon is great for losing weight. One teaspoon a day 1/4 tsp at breakfast, 1/2 tsp at lunch and 1/4tsp at supper. I have found that it has curbed my appetite tremendously! It is also great for people with diabetes as it can help with blood sugar levels. Hope this information can help someone. Google it and you will find out the benefits of cinnamon.
Jacqueline

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JacquelineH For This Useful Post:
angelwings54 (06-08-2011), bluelakelady (03-10-2011), catkaru (03-16-2011), monalisa24 (03-15-2011)
Old 03-10-2011, 04:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User
Re: Cinnamon Fat Buster

Thanks for this info. Cinnamon is great stuff. And it tastes awesome..Now to figure out how I can incorporate it into meals....breakfast is easy. Lunch...pretty ease..dinner...hmmmmm. Will check it out..thanks a bunch girlie!!
peace and love
Sandra

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2011, 08:03 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

cinnamon in a cup of tea in the evening? i like it.
peace,
blue

Old 03-10-2011, 08:08 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

That would be perfect...I love cinnamon tea

Old 03-10-2011, 06:27 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

They sell Cinnamon pills... My mom is trying it but haven't heard an update lately... Last I heard she lost a couple pounds & her ants fit better around the waist...
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 03-11-2011, 06:00 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

james079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB Userjames079 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by themartinfarm View Post
They sell Cinnamon pills... My mom is trying it but haven't heard an update lately... Last I heard she lost a couple pounds & her ants fit better around the waist...
Cinnamon buns are the best, the huge ones that are all sticky with the white sweet stuff on top. Tastes better than the pills!
James

Old 03-15-2011, 10:15 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

monalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB User

I use to add some to the coffee in the coffee maker... the smell while brewing is wonderful!...but ill have to just put it in my coffee since my husband doesn't like it in his....

Old 03-16-2011, 10:00 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User

That sounds good Mona....my Hubbie is Diabetic so we could kill to birds with one stone. No I don't kill birds...I'm a bird watcher so scratch that but you know what I mean. I don't drink tea, but might start just to try Blue's comfort zone. Hubbie sets up coffee before he comes to bed I'll ask him tonight to throw some in there. Anything to loose some weight is fine by me.
Low pain all,
Cat

Dx'd with Fibro 2007
Endometriosis
Barret's Esophagus
Gerd
Osteoarthritis
Anxiety Disorder since 1986
IBS
Diverticulosis
High Colesterol
Tachycardia
Depression - Now

The following user gives a hug of support to catkaru:
monalisa24 (03-16-2011)
Old 06-08-2011, 06:00 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB User

I add it to my cereal in the morning. Its yummy and I am hypoglycemic, so it controls my blood sugar!

Old 06-08-2011, 06:36 AM   #10
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hey all,
i found a cinnamon suppliment. not expensive. been taking it every morning since i read this. since i have a hard time eating it seems to be helping me stay grounded when i get spacey from not eating.
best of all i am slowly losing the bloated weight gain from the steroids! it curbs my appetite that is stimulated in unhealty ways by the roids. going to start taking one in the afternoon today. craving candy less.
peace,
blue
awesome thanks for sharing this knowledge!!!

Old 06-08-2011, 09:45 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

monalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB User

@Blue,,good to know,,,i seem to not be able to even drop One pound...uggg! i stopped smoking in feb an ive gained maybe 10 pounds........

Old 06-08-2011, 08:29 PM   #12
Inactive
(female)

angelwings54 HB Userangelwings54 HB Userangelwings54 HB Userangelwings54 HB Userangelwings54 HB Userangelwings54 HB User

I have used cinnamon in my morning coffee and I notice it really curbs my sugar craving.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:54 AM   #13
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User

Hey Monalisa that's great that you quit smoking!!! Congtrats!! That's next on my list too! I have to quit by next Feb. I promised my grandson like 3 times already I would quit for his birthday. He'll be 8 on his next so he's not taking any "BULL" on the quiting thing this year...lol
Low pain and stay cool all,

Dx'd with Fibro 2007
Endometriosis
Barret's Esophagus
Gerd
Osteoarthritis
Anxiety Disorder since 1986
IBS
Diverticulosis
High Colesterol
Tachycardia
Depression - Now

The Following User Says Thank You to catkaru For This Useful Post:
monalisa24 (06-09-2011)
Old 06-09-2011, 08:21 AM   #14
(female)

nightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB Usernightingale00 HB User

you can mix it with honey and spread it on toast, nice and easy..

Old 06-09-2011, 09:38 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

catkaru, thx!...my hubby promised hed quit by July 1st...

good luck on yours..i really didnt smoke to many a day about 4 a day ..so i cut it down to 2 a day for like 3months then 1...and then just stopped...

Closed Thread