It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2011, 08:27 PM   #1
(female)

syberdeeva HB Usersyberdeeva HB User
Sex and fibromyalgia (MATURE PEOPLE ONLY)

THIS IS NOT MEANT TO BE FUNNY.

I would like to know if any of you are having problems performing physically due to fibromyalgia? When I was younger I don't remember it really being a problem. My fibro wasn't as bad. The way fibro is affecting me now I'm not sure if I could really perform well.

This is something that concerns me. I would like to be able to give my all the next time I'm in a relationship. I don't want to be a disappointment. Do any of your partners complain? Are you satisfied with your abilities?

Old 03-11-2011, 04:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User
Re: Sex and fibromyalgia(MATURE PEOPLE ONLY)

Hey deeva..I think if anything, the meds we take could cause a decrease in libido..I have had fibro for a very long time. The fibro does not for me, cause a decrease in my sex drive. I am single, I date occasionally, have had a couple relationships, one lasted a few years. Sex was always good. I am 51, menopausal and mostly date younger men, not because I am not attracted to men my age, it is just because the younger ones are the ones that are attracted to me. Go figure..So saying that, I have been with a few younger men sexually and every time it has been great. I have a lovely 31 year old old soul potter who is interested, we are going to meet next week. But so far the feelings are all good. Whether we move forward to a more physical thing, who knows. The signs are pointing in that direction, we have lots on common. I have no fear about my sexual ability with him. I do know several antidepressants cause a lower sex drive. I have not seen that with what I take. Wellbutrin and lexapro. I take percocet and neurontin for pain. So far so good. I find good sex relieves the pain more than make it worse. I was dating a younger man who was electrocuted severely in Afghanistan and had horrible pain issues. I was worried about hurting him during lovemaking, it actually helped him..Good tension reliever...Anyway, that is just my take on it from my experiences. I am constantly flaring, and have colitis kicking my butt(pun intended) all the time. But I am not going to let that stop me from living my life to the best of my ability...good luck honey and I am sorry this is so long..lol...peace and love
Sandra

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2011, 05:56 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi,
last time i was sexually active was 4 years ago. my body worked fine as long as the man put the effort into getting me aroused. at first, like anything new, we were overactive sexually, 6 to 8 times a day, weekends only. i would notice i was drained and tired after returning home, but in a good way.
when he turned into a lump of boring so did the sex and then i was aware of discomfort due to not being aroused enough, so my vagina was dry and constricted. i ended it. boredom i can do alone and i never am bored alone.
i won't be dipping my body in the pond of sexuality again. not because i don't love it. i do very much enjoy sex. i am simply done with men as a whole. i am almost 56.
suggestion, when you do find a person be honest and let them know you don't know yourself how you will do. this way you can learn together about your body.
peace,
bluelakelady

Last edited by bluelakelady; 03-11-2011 at 05:58 AM.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:34 AM   #4
(female)

dw1961 HB Userdw1961 HB Userdw1961 HB Userdw1961 HB Userdw1961 HB User

Bingo on hitting the post..I just handed my Dr.s wife which is his nurse also a note that said" Husband wants it> I could care less..Marriage of 33 years in need of SEX!" She just died laughing but is suppose to call me today and let me in on a secret of what to take for me to be able to hit jackpot too. They made a mistake LOL to put my husband and me in the same room. I embrassed the *e*l out of him . He said he would never go with me to the dr. again ...who cares I still drive....But in all I do feel better after I'm able to have what I need but with all the meds I get to the point and nothing. So why travel the distance? Does him good but the heck with me. I'm 49 going on a 90 with this Fibro, Ra, anxiety and depression. coming off of Cymbalta 120 mg daily cause I cant' afford them this month cant get no samples he put me on Celexa 40m one a day. So nerves was making my body want to turn in side out. You that have nerve problems know what I mean. So he gave me xanax. Florida is trying to get on the ballot for legalizing Medical Marijuana for 2012. I honestly think that god's plant would be better for us then all of the chemicals that we are taking just to damage another organ. Guess you could say I'M VENTING!!! I'VE BEEN GOING THRU WITHDRAWALS FROM THE METHADONE BACK ONTO LORATAB AND THE CYMBALTA GOING ONTO TO CELEXA. I can't help to think about how my life is just so screwed up since 2007. wISH I HAD wILLIE NELSON PHONE NUMBER.......GIGGLE

Debbie

The following user gives a hug of support to dw1961:
monalisa24 (03-11-2011)
Old 03-11-2011, 11:18 AM   #5
(female)

syberdeeva HB Usersyberdeeva HB User

@ dwh1961
I'm in CA so i'm okay to use marijuana.

@ tooolgrl
Good to hear that good sex seem to help with the pain.

@bluelakelady
Good advice. I'm going to let the person know in advance that I'm not sure how I will do.

I'm going to look online for sexual positions that aren't to difficult physically. I'm used to being a good lover. Men love the woman on top position but it causes so much strain on my thigh muscles unless it's in a chair.

Thanks for sharing everyone! Any more advice?

Old 03-11-2011, 01:23 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

I've had probs in this area since 99... But still managed to make my hubby happy. But the last yr & a 1/2 has been tough. Especially lately... But my hubby brings it on himself because pressuring me, making comments ect only pushes me away. It's been tough...
But, what has worked for me... I have allot of bad days... If I'm not hurting, I exhausted or nauseous... But, on my good days I make the best of it. I tell my husband that I'm having a good day so take advantage of it.
He also gets irritated because I don't want to go do stuff... I just wanna stick around the house... So, if I'm having a good day we go out to dinner or whatever... Make the best of it...
This has worked for us. I've noticed that he doesn't irritate me about stuff anymore.
It's hard to find a good man. When you find a good one, don't push him away. He will except you for the person you... If he doesn't, then he's just not worth it...
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

The Following User Says Thank You to thefarm For This Useful Post:
syberdeeva (03-11-2011)
Old 03-11-2011, 10:26 PM   #7
(female)

that's big news now...trying to get medical MJ Legal in Florida this fall. or a least on the ballot for citizens to vote for it. There's some much to learn about that too. with what helps what. I think that it has different plants good for different things like for pain and some other kind good for some other ailment.
Oh well, maybe it'll happen..I'm must coming off of methadone for pain and back onto Loratab and man did I go thru something withdrawals till yetersday I went back to the dr. and got some xanax. I just wish I would of never had to start taking all the chemicals...And which I had the right to let my God water and grow my adote....SORRY FOLKS I'M JUST REALLY READY TO HOLLER OUT TO THE PEOPLE IN MY STATE THAT COULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE FOR US FOLKS THAT LIVE IN CHRONIC PAIN DAILY....

might could even enjoy sex again..after all my thirty three year marriage is really in need of some good loving. giggglllee....
(SURE AM GLAD THIS IS FOR MATURE PEOPLE ONLY !!!)

Debbie

Old 03-12-2011, 05:34 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

You are very right regarding MJ..we are getting somewhere finally in my state of Maine..I smoke on occasion, when I really can't sleep and nothing seems to work on the pain a few tokes takes care of all my problems, I sleep like a baby, pain free. It is so ridiculous that something with this many health benefits is still illegal..To me, alcohol is much more dangerous..Making it legal is a boon to state economy as well. Just too many bullheaded, narrowminded, ignorant individuals in the seats higher up that make these decisions. And in this state the "good ole boys" refuse to learn...Grrrrrr....but we are making progress..
peace and love
Sandra

Old 03-12-2011, 08:54 AM   #9
(female)

Re: Sex and fibromyalgia (MATURE PEOPLE ONLY)

mmmm....I read where Maine was made legal in 1999. with 2.5 usable and 6 plants..that just goes to show you can't believe everything you read on the internet. I'll post the website for you to read ttoogirl...

Debbie

Old 03-12-2011, 09:04 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Awesome, appreciate it Deb...xo

Old 03-12-2011, 10:51 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooolgrl View Post
You are very right regarding MJ..we are getting somewhere finally in my state of Maine..I smoke on occasion, when I really can't sleep and nothing seems to work on the pain a few tokes takes care of all my problems, I sleep like a baby, pain free. It is so ridiculous that something with this many health benefits is still illegal..To me, alcohol is much more dangerous..Making it legal is a boon to state economy as well. Just too many bullheaded, narrowminded, ignorant individuals in the seats higher up that make these decisions. And in this state the "good ole boys" refuse to learn...Grrrrrr....but we are making progress..
peace and love
Sandra
I gotta agree... When I don't want to turn to my pain meds I drink a glass of wine or a flavored beer to help take the edge off... It helps but not the best solution...
I've been in such a bad flare for 3 days now. Still throwing up. My problem is that each time I feel alittle better I'm trying to get some stuff done than I end up absolutely miserable again... Trying to rest today but someone has to let the birds out.. Our helper isn't answering his phone (that we pay for) & it's already 11am... I have a feeling I'm going to punish myself again today...
If they legalized that stuff it would be so much easier... Wouldn't have to take pills to relax, get comfortable, sleep, ect... Here in oregon you can get a prescription from your Dr but not comfortable to do that yet...
Back injury~ 2005
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 03-13-2011, 04:52 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

I agree Tori, I have mentioned to my NP that I will use MJ to alleviate pain and sleep...have mentioned getting an rx..She isn't too keen on doing that. If I push the issue she will. But for now, I hate to say it I have a supply here in my home, the people here are always offering. I rarely take, unless I am in pain that I know won't let me sleep..it does work wonders. Why it is still illegal I will never know..alcohol makes me forget it while I am drinking, but if I have more than a few drinks it just makes things worse..and I like vodka so more than a few is way too much...lololol...hope you feel better, since you mentioned nausea I have had it every morning after I take my pain meds. Once I get that first sip of coffee in me I am fine, but its a tough few minutes..lololol...I have vomiting..how did your friends from the coast make out??? love ya girl xoxoxo
peace and love
Sandra

The Following User Says Thank You to tooolgrl For This Useful Post:
thefarm (03-13-2011)
Old 03-13-2011, 09:21 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

LOL It's to bad you could ask for a prescription so that it was legal for you to have it in your possession Besides, makes a great house plant! MY Real Dad tricked my Grandmother into growing one years ago! lol Well, it was the early 80's... It was a competition to see who could grow the best one! She has no idea what it was, just thought it was pretty! I love that story ♥
Doing ok, didn't throw up yesterday & managed to keep food down other than crackers... Not that Yogurt & Jerky is a meal lol I think the most of my flare is gone today.... My body just hurts really bad... I know it was a bad choice but I went to 30mg of Cymbota after skipping a day then stopped cold turkey.... I know I shouldn't of but want it out of my system.... So I'm having the withdrawl effects yesterday & today mostly.. The zapping, light headed, dizzy, fighting my headache & just feel like I got trampled by a head of cattle... But I haven't taken pain meds since Friday... I'd feel alittle better & get stuff done then pay for it... So not taking the meds kept me down on the couch all day with no choice of moving around. You think I could get stuff done today? I'm thinking about taking my pain meds... I'll try not to overdue it of course... Do you know how long for the Cymbolta to leave your system completely? I will be starting the Wellbutrin tomorrow...
I'm nauseous all the time anymore so getting used to that but not keeping stuff down was awful... I read there are meds to help with the nausea but don't want to take anything if I don't have to... I stopped taking the muscle relaxer for sleep & taking Melatonin & pretty happy with it so far... Well, except I woke up at midnight last night & couldn't fall back asleep for an hour... It does seem like the anti-inflammatory helped my back after all, but not worth the side effects...
Anyhow, that's my long update lol I guess I'm still just trying to handle it all...
I"ve been snappy with my hubby but I think it's because I feel awful... Bu he doesn't get it because even with being sick, I haven't been pale... So he doesn't understand how bad it has been when I look normal... I also handle pain & everything well, don't complain to him...
My Primary did the tender point test the other day... She says they are supposed to feel like I have a bruise but it feels like a light pinch to me... lol I have a high pain tolerance, is that why?
Back injury~ 2005
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 03-13-2011, 10:38 AM   #14
(female)

@martinfarm--omg ....I did not know you were going off Cymbalta too..I didn't have a choice after right at 3 yrs my nurse has kept me supplied with samples.. Well, Dr. moved and changed his nurse too and long story short --no more samples. Girl, I want you to know I have been one sick puppy. I was on 120 mg daily and with all about 2 weeks went to 30 mg.for 7 days then nothing. One trip to the ER and 2 trips to the dr. finally got some xanax. I also stopped methadone and went back to loratab. Soon as Florida is legal for MJ I will be the biggest head in Florida and getting off this S*%#.. CHEMICALS ARE KILLING US.
Right now I have not been long got up and got the worst hang over from the pain meds and xanax cocktail.

By the way everyone I finally got my approval for SSDI and Medicare..I stopped working with the School System for 24 years and to quit because of Fibro, RA, depression/anxiety . My last day of working was Sept 08 at least that's when my days on the book ran out.

Hang in the martinfarm...

toogirl I thought I bookmarked that website ...no....I'll look again today

Debbie

The following user gives a hug of support to dw1961:
caribear (03-13-2011)
Old 03-13-2011, 11:07 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oh man! I dropped from 60mg & couldn't imagine having to go off 120mg! Did you have weight gain? You'd think I was sitting around eating bonbons... I used to be sooo busy & now I sit around allot & have gained weight. But, I exercise now & watch my calories which I didn't used to do... Not very many people know what's going on with me & the ones that do have no clue... So I could only imagine what they are thinking about me... Oh well..
I'm switching to Wellbutrin which I'm really excited about! Have you tried it? I've read & heard really good things about it! I also dropped a muscle relaxer (flexeril) for sleep & a anti-inflammatory which could also have been the cause for my weight gain....
How are you doing now? Any more withdrawl symptoms? How long have you been off it? I don't know about you but I loved it for my anxiety! But the weight prob just isn't worth it...
Congrats on the SSDI & Medicare! I bet you are sooo excited! Soon as you can, treat yourself out to dinner or something! You deserve it!
I filed for SSD but just finally got everything finished a couple weeks ago... I've been planning on doing it since last October but was such a huge step! I'm only 31 but have had probs since I was 18... I have a work history thank goodness but not sure that's enough since it wasn't the greatest jobs... But I've had CFS since Jan 99, Fibro since last year & DDD since 05... I'm supposed to be refered to a Neurologist soon since I haven't been tested for MS... You'd think they'd of done that by now? lol
Back injury~ 2005
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Closed Thread