It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2011, 11:48 AM   #1
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
out with the old, in with the new rheumy!!

greetings dear fibro sisters and brothers,
after searching i have found a new rheumy in san francisco. i am so happy. worth the research online!! every hour of it. giggle.
this means i am firing my old doc. odious man! what fun it will be to write that letter! i do love firing doctors! giggle. gotta see my internist for a referral and we're good to go in april. actually a call will suffice. do that when i get off here. duh!? find the easy path and take it.
never, never keep a doctor who does not listen or has the audacity to say your health is not his problem. yes, he said that, and yes i reamed him on that. he did back down and do as he was told.
if there is no trust there is no bond. i refuse to see a doctor who is rude and have held on to the creep for over a decade. never really needed him much till now.
actually had a retired doc call me and refer me to this new doc. nice man. fun stories. lovely chat.
so, i have a new doc for my daughter jessica and i and it's in san fran where we can play after! clam chowder and fresh crab. i may start eating meat again, well fish. giggle. oh and giradelli chocolate factory. heaven!!
this was the only stress going on in my life and it is resolved. with the downward spiral of my immune system i must have a doctor i feel confident in and who actually has ears on the sides of his head that work!
just had to share my joy, my relief, and of course pat myself on the back for not taking junk from someone just because they have a degree i do not posess.
now i can relax, chill out, get my blood test results and move ahead in finding ways to best care for my body.
peace,
bluelakelady
taking my sore little proactive fanny for a nice walk and breath in the beauty.

The following user gives a hug of support to bluelakelady:
BeHappy2 (03-15-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2011, 12:29 PM   #2
(female)

brooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB User
Re: out with the old, in with the new rheumy!!

Hope your new rheumatologist is better than the last! I too had a bad rheumy and only gave her six months then I told my primary I wanted a referral to a new one and she agreed. I finally got in and he did a lip biop and found that I have Sjogren's Syndrome and he also had a dermatologist do a skin biop and found that I also have SLE. The first rehumy told me I had fibro and that was it. I am so glad I listened to myself and kept searching, not that I wanted to have these things but I knew I had more going on than she was telling me. Good luck!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brooklyngirl For This Useful Post:
bluelakelady (03-17-2011)
Old 03-15-2011, 05:38 PM   #3
(female)

caribear HB Usercaribear HB Usercaribear HB Usercaribear HB Usercaribear HB Usercaribear HB Usercaribear HB Usercaribear HB Usercaribear HB Usercaribear HB Usercaribear HB User

So happy for you! Hopefully this guy is much better than your old one. You need someone to treat you and your fanny with the respect you deserve!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caribear For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2011, 09:36 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

BeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB UserBeHappy2 HB User

Good for you Blue

Out with the old , in with the new rheumy..good for you searching
and i hope this one will be kind & understanding. Nothing worse than
a doc who doesn't listen. Proud of you girl.

The Following User Says Thank You to BeHappy2 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2011, 05:20 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

Oh so so so happy for you my love!!! You are your own best advocate and you know that..YAY for San Fran...I am down with the fresh crab...so down..the chocolate factory too...oh I am so with you in spirit...I knew you would find your doc..karma it is....love you tons!! xoxoxo
peace
Sandra

The Following User Says Thank You to tooolgrl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2011, 06:10 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

thanks everyone,
finding a doctor within 3 hours was not easy. downside of living way out in the country. worth it tho. giggle. so far i am impressed with the office staff. always a good start. from what the doc on the phone told me david the new doc has a great personality, is caring, fun and easy to talk to.
there is nothing to be done about my fanny. it's arthritis so injections are the option i choose for that.
i do require someone to monitor my ana and titer counts, assist me in understanding the changes i am going thru. i am not willing to take the drugs offered for what is going on in my body. doc on the phone says new guy will be cool with that.
anything is better than whackjob, my nickname for the soon to be gone rheumy. having no doctor is better than having him. i already made that decision. if this new guy is not what i seek i am going to let nature take her course and be cool. i know what to expect given what is going on within and the story my blood tells.
again thanks for the support. you are all just the best!!! giggle.
peace,
blue
ps. it helps that he is in one of my favorite cities here in cali. giggle. i can smell the wharf now. giggle. it is almost a 3 hour drive but daughter will be driving not me! i forgot how to city drive, giggle, and i learned in the city of lost angels! country mouse at heart.

Old 03-16-2011, 10:02 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User

Congrats Blue....you found a new Doc and a nice road trip for you and your daughter to spend more time together....Gotta love it!!!
Low pain all,
Cat

Dx'd with Fibro 2007
Endometriosis
Barret's Esophagus
Gerd
Osteoarthritis
Anxiety Disorder since 1986
IBS
Diverticulosis
High Colesterol
Tachycardia
Depression - Now

The Following User Says Thank You to catkaru For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2011, 10:06 AM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

me again,
you know how i always have to find the upside to every experience? well i have one for this too. because that doctor chose to be unethical about the whole plaquinil and cancer thing, it got me thinking.
about when i do leave this planet. i have a special needs child, my only birth child. he is in his 30's now, but i know he would not know what to do when the time comes. so, i got on the net, found a cremation service that does all the follow up paperwork and plants a tree in my name to ofset the pollution of my cremation and bought it! problem solved. stress gone.
also did my advance directive and it goes to the state today for registration. stress gone! so, my upside is i never have to worry about what my family will do when that time does come for me. and it does for us all.
now i can rest easy, that final compost run is paid for and all he has to do is pick up the box. they will get the death cert for him, do the obit, put a site online so people can find where i went, everything. i told him what i did and he said, thank you momma. thank you so much.
giggle. great upside to a rather distasteful experience. now i can honestly say there is no stress in my life. nada!!
giggles, hugs and peace,
blue
ps. and yes it was kinda weird to do all this. surreal for sure! but oh, i feel great now!

Old 03-16-2011, 11:42 AM   #9
(female)

dw1961 HB Userdw1961 HB Userdw1961 HB Userdw1961 HB Userdw1961 HB User

all I can say is your a h*%l of a woman ... didn't know if I could say hell or not.giggle.

I want to tell you something " I'm learning a lot from you sister."

Debbie

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dw1961 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2011, 06:13 AM   #10
Facilitator
(female)

hi debbie,
i am deeply honored you find aspects of my reality helpful in your life. gives it all balance. you got me to giggle, girl. me, one hell of a woman? never thought about myself that way. giggle. just doing life as best i can and sharing what i see. thank you for the giggles and the blushes.
life is beautiful.
peace,
blue

tooolgrl (03-17-2011)
Old 03-17-2011, 09:31 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh1961 View Post
all I can say is your a h*%l of a woman ... didn't know if I could say hell or not.giggle.

I want to tell you something " I'm learning a lot from you sister."
DiDo
Cat

Dx'd with Fibro 2007
Endometriosis
Barret's Esophagus
Gerd
Osteoarthritis
Anxiety Disorder since 1986
IBS
Diverticulosis
High Colesterol
Tachycardia
Depression - Now

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to catkaru For This Useful Post:
bluelakelady (03-18-2011)
Old 03-18-2011, 06:41 AM   #12
Facilitator
(female)

thank you cat.
see? another upside to being me in this body. sharing with friends who are on the same journey. that makes it all worth it! if one person finds their peace and i had a tiny bit to do with that, well then, life is perfection and i have served my purpose well!
hugs and giggles to everyone this beautiful day.
peace,
blue

The Following User Says Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
catkaru (03-18-2011)
Old 03-19-2011, 12:54 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

Good Luck!!!
I didn't know you were a vegetarian? My daughter has been on the diet since September. I didn't think she'd stick to it so didn't make it easy on her at first... But she'd wanted to do it for 2 years. It was hard to get used to at first but pretty natural now. Anyhow, I took her to a dietician awhile back. She offered her ideas on Vegetarian diets... Tried talking her into eating fish but she won't do it...
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 03-19-2011, 06:41 AM   #14
Facilitator
(female)

hi tori,
leave the fish out. not safe, the oceans are so polluted. good for her! as long as she gets protien from nuts, beans and veggies. give it a try yourself. giggle. you may be surprised how you feel. i sure was! giggle.
peace all,
blue

Old 03-19-2011, 06:45 AM   #15
Facilitator
(female)

hi all,
good news from the blood work. whackman, soon to be gone lied thru his teeth to me. i do NOT have lupus!!! got the results yesterday. so only fibro and all her buds, and the sjogrens. my doc changed my sleep med. you won't believe what i am taking, giggle. tramadol. yes, tramadol. we shall see. i did sleep like a baby last night, a bit hung over tho this morning. better now. will be watching for depressive behavior. if i seem to be different in a few days or weeks you all better speak up, cause i don't want to change me, nor have drugs change me in negative ways.
so, i am eating my words, for now, and being a good girl. i love being wrong and i hope i am this time.
peace, love, giggles, and joy,
blue
ps. correction, i am taking trazadone. space cadet?!?! keep an eye on me please and let me know if you see changes. constipated. oh fun! this may not work out!

Last edited by bluelakelady; 03-19-2011 at 09:06 AM. Reason: clarify new drug cause i don't know what i am doing? giggle

caribear (03-19-2011)
Closed Thread