It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2011, 02:15 PM   #1
(female)

TessaAnne HB UserTessaAnne HB UserTessaAnne HB UserTessaAnne HB UserTessaAnne HB UserTessaAnne HB User
Has anyone tried medical mj for pain?

My husband says I should give it a try but I never really liked it back in the old days-made me feel a little too paranoid and wierd. I dunno. Any thoughts?

Old 03-18-2011, 02:36 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

monalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB User
Re: Has anyone tried medical mj for pain?

2weeks now but if to strong it makes me hurt worse...have had 2 different kinds.. the less strong seems better...an i only take one puff ...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2011, 02:38 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

monalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB User

you have copd? hhmmm id do research first then...

Old 03-18-2011, 02:49 PM   #4
(female)

TessaAnne HB UserTessaAnne HB UserTessaAnne HB UserTessaAnne HB UserTessaAnne HB UserTessaAnne HB User

Yeah, I do have COPD. I'd have to get one of those vaporizer contraptions. Oh,well. Probably too expensive anyway,

Old 03-18-2011, 02:53 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

well don't give up...research it...talk to others ..all kinds of info out there im sure...i mean look at how bad pain pills are for us...i dont take any pain meds anymore..didnt help..

Old 03-19-2011, 12:29 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

That's good your husband is supportive of it! Mine wouldn't be... I may try it sometime though...
I never liked the feel of it years ago (like15, lol). It always made me feel out of place, not quite all there... Foggy... Now I've had brain fog for 12 yrs & think "Boy, someone would pay good money for this". lol Course, you don't get the numbing effect from Brain Fog
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Old 03-19-2011, 04:34 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

A friend of mine has really bad COPD, he smokes a large amount of weed. Doesn't bother his condition any..I use it when the pain is really bad and the insomnia is making me nuts..I am not on a medical list yet but progress is being made in my state(Maine). I usually take two or three hits off a pipe and my pain is gone, I can sleep and I don't suffer from any bad effects, I rarely get more than a buzz..if I smoke too much I start hearing voices..lolol..good luck in whatever you try. But be open to try things that work...xoxo
peace and love
Sandra

Old 03-19-2011, 07:15 AM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

the key to any med, western, herbal, or eastern is not taking more that you require to get the affect you desire.
paranoia can be a sign of an allergy to the herb. if you try it in a small dose and it still does that it is not for your body.
peace,
blue

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
monalisa24 (03-20-2011), tooolgrl (03-19-2011)
Old 03-19-2011, 01:39 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

tmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB Usertmrots HB User

My rheumy thinks it would help all his fibro patients. I haven't and wish I could legally. It makes me nervous to do it illegally. I would like to try.

Old 03-20-2011, 05:25 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

Blue is right on the money..as with any drug it should be taken only to effect..marijuana is probably the cheapest way to help pain. It only takes a puff or two to get to the pain. And it helps greatly with nausea..It really should be legalized everywhere...I am hoping to be able to get on a caregivers list..I really need to push my NP..good luck all...xoxoxoxo
peace and love
Sandra

Old 03-20-2011, 01:46 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

yes Sandra is correct, really out of it all ..it helps with the nausea,..and ive been dealing with that alot these past months...helps with keeping food down...

Old 03-21-2011, 07:40 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Yes it is a wonderful plant with many medicinal properties...but you don't have to smoke so much to get high..just a little..and remember it doesn't all hit at once..I find when I smoke a bit, I feel good right away, but I tend to feel even better after a while....good luck..and remember it is a natural substance, not manufactured with who knows what in it. As long as it is gotten from a reputable source..Dispensaries for legal buying is best..I am going to really talk to my NP next week about getting an RX..peace
Sandra

The Following User Says Thank You to tooolgrl For This Useful Post:
monalisa24 (03-21-2011)
Closed Thread