It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2011, 06:08 AM   #1
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
me and my fanny, or fell and went boom part two

good morning to all,
got the ablation done yesterday. this time went rough, no doubt the flare up of fibro added to it. sensitive, oh my i sure was! every time the needles went in i jumped. a total of 12 jabs. i have to be aware to tell them when i feel it. she had to move and adjust and move that needle many times. i shall be bruised this time. my hand is purple from the i.v. bruised from the blood test too. i am the princess who slept on a pea and knew it! giggle.
my friend carol took me and we had a great chat about my outlook on my health, drugs, attitude, etc. all the stuff you all already know. she said she thinks i have a good handle on all of it and am deeply connected to my body talk. giggle. high praise indeed! carol has worked for hospice for many years so i do value her input. we are "be dead" buddies. giggle. the only friend i have that i can speak bluntly about death to and she to me. we are on the same page about it all.
talked with vernetta (doc) about arthritis in my obturator foramen. she said she can help that. yipeeee!!!! i go back on april 14th for ablations to that area. she said you will have to lie spread eagle and with your legs up, are you cool with that? i laughed, you bet i am, whatever it takes to get me in my kayak and dancing again! i am concerned about muscle loss and loss of mobility. my body has atrophied way too much. i really hope i can undo the past 3 years and get strong again. fingers crossed, giggle.
went to my favorite cantina for lunch and ran into my beloved neighbors elena and romero. i never let elena see me when i am a mess. she got tears in her eyes watching me walk. dang! she said, pobrecita. she just went thru surgery 3 weeks ago, so i said, pobrecitas. then i broke into song, dos pobrecitas, dos pobrecitas, da da da da da da. to the tune of la cucaracha. got her laughing and her eyes twinked. she has alot on her plate and i don't want be one of those worries. leave em laughing i say! giggle.
giggle, maybe after the next series of ablations i can ride tonka without a pillow!! that would be so cool!
hope everyone is having a great day. stormy here, we are at flood stage on the lake! hitting the hot tub, umbrella in hand. all comers welcome. giggle
peace, love, chats and giggles,
blue

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: bluelakelady
catkaru (03-25-2011), MoeCat (04-15-2011), pokiesue (05-16-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2011, 06:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User
Re: me and my fanny, or fell and went boom part two

Oh girlfriend..I hugged maple tree yesterday thinking of you and asking her for blessings for you...Also made a wish to the sea..and of course spoke to Mr. Cardinal on your behalf..he said you are a strong chickie and will get through this...I told him, DUH. No kidding...Your poor fanny. Gotta keep a sense of humor though, you are so right on that one..I would much rather laugh than give in and cry..I hope you have a better day today..and having a friend you can be totally blunt and open with is such a gift..you are blessed my dear..I would love to meet your neighbors. They sound like such wonderful people..And yes, always leave them laughing..You are such an asset to the universe..Tonka? Did you say Tonka??? I am down girlie...joining you in the hot tub..we had some flood worries last week. Hope all clears up in that department..even though I just love the rain..have a wonderful day full of love and good energy...love you tons..xoxoxo
peace and love
Sandra
ps. Digging the new thread

The following user gives a hug of support to tooolgrl:
MoeCat (04-15-2011)
Old 03-23-2011, 06:54 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

sandra i am honored you spoke to mother on my behalf. no wonder my mind is in such a happy place today. giggle. plugged in and soaking up the energy she gifts us all with.
laughter is my rock, my solace, my joy. you would love elena and romero. they are mi hermano and mi hermana. we are familia. love being a member of their familia! i am treated with such honor and love. they had no friends here till we moved in. we were the first palomas to befriend them. now the whole neigborhood is cool and treats them with dignity. even the bigot gives them farm eggs from his chickens now. i spoke to him and told him what wonderful people they are and to please look beyond color and see the humans. he did!! yea, i really love them, giggle, can ya tell?
time for a walk and let the blood flow. see ya in the tub!!
peace, giggles, chit chat and love,
blue

The following user gives a hug of support to bluelakelady:
pa235 (04-29-2011)
Old 03-23-2011, 09:05 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

Bit far for me to join you in your hot tub - but I'll be in mine later................kayaking and dancing will soon be yours again

Old 03-23-2011, 12:47 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

Hi Sweetlife!!! How have you been?? Miss your loveliness..hope all is well...xo
peace and love and happy bubbles
Sandra

Old 03-23-2011, 12:58 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bluelove, how's the fanny this afternoon dear heart?? I cleaned the yard of a winters worth of dog poop and raked and thought of you while I was doing it..my back is so junked out now..I need to get more of that kind of exercise. I think the hot tubs going to be a doubleheader for me today...lololol..love knows not race or boundaries. I'm so glad you got bigot to see the love..more of that would make the planet a much better place..ethnicity is wonderful, opportunities to learn culture and great wisdom. I envy you that. I'm resting in bed waiting for back to stop being so dang mad at me...enjoy the rest of today. Snow here tomorrow...lolol. Love you lots..
peace and love and happy muscles xo
Sandra

Old 03-23-2011, 01:30 PM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

hi sandra and everyone,
fanny is okay. did some painting and my cremation booklet came (yipee!) so been pouring over that. facinating. the discomfort in my right leg and achillies tendon is gone! heaven! a bit of site soreness, that will go away in a week or two.
just got up from a nap.
you dorkette! all that in one bit of time? you sillly girl! hope you don't have to pay too long for that one. giggle. so, poop mountain is gone, bye bye poop mountain! giggle.
yea, i am fortunate. not being able to see color when it comes to humans is an asset. color is for painting, for natures art. and yea, i get exposed to so much. totally love fillipino food, mexican food, asian food, french food, the list has no end. i love sitting and listening to a conversation in a language i do not know. tone tells alot and i can usually follow somewhat by the emotions of the tone, body language, etc.
my dad said there are only two things worth being prejudice about, idiots and A-holes. never forgot that. he also said if you are honest most of them come in your color, whatever that color is.
going for a short walk before it rains again. you rest and maybe laura can massage that i can do it back of yours. giggle. be careful or i shall relinquish my throne and put you there! giggle!!
bunny hugs, giggles, love and peace,
blue

Old 03-23-2011, 01:32 PM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

hey sweet,
its all pretend. giggle. playing is healthy for the mind and good for the body. so you jump in yours and i shall jump in mine and visit you on the breezes. so glad you dropped in. come visit anytime the mood calls. giggle.
peace, love, hot tubs and giggles,
blue

Old 03-23-2011, 02:10 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

thesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB Userthesweetlife HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooolgrl View Post
Hi Sweetlife!!! How have you been?? Miss your loveliness..hope all is well...xo
peace and love and happy bubbles
Sandra
Hi Sandra - I'm here and well (thank you for asking - really busy juggling a multitude of things and keeping flairs at bay - I'm focussing hard on "clean living" - LOL!!! So loads of water/fruit/veg/protein/lots of gentle exercise/hot tubs etc etc and taking fresh wheat grass by the bucket full - still have some pain but sticking with these things seems to be keeping flair ups at bay(along with being careful not to overdo work/sit in the car for too long/get cold!!)

I don't post as much these days as I feel (and forgive me everyone that this doesn't apply to) that I post suggestions/alternatives to meds and people carry on doing what they've always done anyway without really trying alternatives - in the main it seems that people see meds as the answer without giving alternatives a real go which I find really challenging as I believe meds can cause so many other problems (especially when taken long term as with chronic conditions like fibro.) I don't know whether its conditioning/tv advertising/doctors dispensing etc - either way I find it a bit frustrating so...............rather than getting frustrated (which doesn't sit well with fibro) I'm choosing to post less so I can stay calm and serene - LOL!

Old 03-23-2011, 02:56 PM   #10
Facilitator
(female)

hi sweet,
well girl you just fell into alternative world. giggle. like you i prefer diet, exercise, suppliment, water by the ocean full, giggle, meditation and relaxation. i have weekly massages. you can offer anything to me and i will listen. always on the search for healthy natural ways. just found another site with alternative medicine for sjogrens. hoping to find better choices than what western offers. nasty drugs i cannot handle in my body. they may help others and that's cool, just not me.
it's good to put it out there. you never know who may listen even if they say nothing. i have been here 8 years and i know my big mouth has been of use to some. giggle, well i hope it has. giggle.
so long as we respect each others right to do it our way i think you can't have enough information to mull over.
curious, what does the wheat grass do? never tried it but willing to do most anything natural and see if it helps. can't hurt! giggle.
your input will always be treated with respect in my mind.
peace, hot tubs, and accepting love for you as you are,
blue
i find your comments useful and have missed them. miss you too.

Old 03-23-2011, 02:58 PM   #11
Facilitator
(female)

oh and you said fresh wheat grass so how do you incorporate it in diet? time to buy another juicer? giggle. i know i have had it in asian food and loved it.
peace,
blue

Old 03-23-2011, 04:48 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

There's only 1 supplier of organic fresh wheatgrass here in the UK!!! Probably because there isn't much sun to grow it!!! It's frozen as soon as its scythed - it's dispatched frozen in ice in 1oz pots and then you defrost it and consume as soon as it's defrosed as and when you want it. Each 1oz pot contains the equivalent to 2 pounds worth of nutrients in green veg - I'm taking between 4 and 8oz depending on where I have to be for work etc. It's brilliant for energy - conversely I don't take it after 4pm coz I'll be bouncing off the walls when I need to sleep!!!
I usually take it with a small amount of pressed apple juice, a girlfriend of mine has it in her juicer with avocado/cucumber and mint, another girlfriend has it neat - (makes me gag!) another girlfriend puts it in her smoothy maker with banana, blueberries, ground almonds and water - so Blue I guess you can have it anyway you want!

The following user gives a hug of support to thesweetlife:
tooolgrl (03-24-2011)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thesweetlife For This Useful Post:
bluelakelady (03-24-2011), caribear (03-23-2011), Glojer (03-27-2011)
Old 03-24-2011, 04:33 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hola chicas!! Sweet, first off you are right..A lot of people aren't interested in alternative therapies..But I think you may have found your home in this thread..I have stopped eating flesh again, and I am sticking to the basics. Organic when I can, fresh when I cannot..I eat vegetables, grains, beans, fruits, greek yogurt and lowfat milk..That is all that is in my diet..I keep a log so I know my nutrients are adequate and tweak if I must. I feel a gazillion times better..My energy is good, I even raked the yard yesterday and this morning I feel wonderful..Alternative is GOOD!!! I too, am willing to try anything natural and from our wonderful earth mother..But western medicine has shoved a lot of crap down our throats, and a lot of people are afraid of other treatments not of the mainstream. Heck, I have never conformed to mainstream and am not going to start now!!! Lolololol....if I could get off the narcotics totally believe me I would, and I am hoping to..So please feel free to throw anything our way...Blue, you sweetheart!! I actually feel great this morning, old lady cat is snuggled on the sofa with me purring to beat the band, this is our everyday ritual since she is sliding gently into dementia..she wants her mamma close..I relish these moments..it is snowing here..love Maine. Laura still wants to bring you home, I told her girl you better move to No. Cal, no way she is coming to Maine..lol...she is packing..teehee...I am glad you are feeling some relief...and I agree about the racism stuff..To me, there is no such thing as color, I had the best time when I was dating a man from Kenya..he taught me some swahili..was fun..Anyway, flying through the snow in my mind, naked and headed to the hot tub...very nice....enjoy the lovely day..each one is a beautiful gift! xoxoxoxoxo
peace and love and happy bubbles..
Sandra

Old 03-24-2011, 06:13 AM   #14
Facilitator
(female)

hi girls,
thank you sweet. i shall get some next time i am in town. we can get it fresh here. lots of sun in california. i gave my juicer to one who needed it more. time to get another. don't think i can do it neat either. eesh! thank you so very much for your input. juicing is most likely the way to go for me. bet i could do it in my food processor, hmmm. giggle. ideas floating around. oh, and a veggie soup with asian spices. hey, i'm almost hungry. i never get hungry. giggle.
glad you don't have to pay the piper for yesterday sandra. awesome possum! ah, my sweet laura, pack away and come play with me little one!!! can i borrow her for a few? we could have such fun with our cameras. giggle. give her a big hug for me please.
did more research yesterday on alternative treatments for sjogrens. guess what? all the stuff i read says i am 44% more likely to get lymphatic cancer. looks like the doc misled me rather than lied, or i got confused, giggle. most likely it's me. giggle. still glad to have him gone. hoping the new doc is open minded. he better be or i am shopping again. giggle. did i mention i dislike shopping of any kind? giggle. i'd rather play than shop.
i painted off and on all day. a painting for my sister who has been my rock thru these past few months. she loves all flowers and especially those from bulbs. so i am doing my concept of reality, giggle, and painting tulips before they open on and oval piece of bamboo wood. my big sister is the best big sister in the world. she raised me, mom had to work alot to feed us. she is 4 years older than i. she led till puberty hit me and then i took over leading her. we got in alot of trouble, when we got caught. giggle!
wind and rain greet me this lovely morn. waking to the wind song thru friend redwood tree is comforting.
blessings of the day, the moment, the second.
peace, giggles and love,
blue

Old 03-24-2011, 07:28 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Please I can see pictures of paintings??? I love paintings...especially when they are of nature...xoxoxo. Time for hot cereal and fruit...Already vacuumed the house and cleaned the kitchen...I am on a roll..maybe a walk in the snow...mmmm...soup with asian spices..sounds just yummm...I will send Laura out to play with you...camera in tow..love you girls..xoxo
peace and love
Sandra

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: tooolgrl
bluelakelady (03-24-2011)
Closed Thread