It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2011, 04:21 PM   #16
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User
Re: what do you love? what brings you joy?

Hey Glojer, so you have grandfolks from Grand Junction! It is a quirky town that started out with one thought and meandered here and there as the population grew. It is still not a large city, but it does have a mall, major retail outlets such as Best Buy, Home depot, etc. The folks from Moab, Utah come into GJ to shop as well since they are pretty remote from anything there (just like Montrose and all the small towns south
of us). I'm sure GJ is a different picture than your grandparents enjoyed.

Kirstee

Old 04-04-2011, 04:55 AM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User

Yeah, I forgot my yorkies and my calico cat they love tormenting.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neveragain444 For This Useful Post:
bluelakelady (04-04-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2011, 08:44 AM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Neveragain, you are right. I should add my schnoodle to the list, I got her when Braveman was recovering from his traumatic illness so he would have something to think about and take care of and occupy himself with. Something to take his mind off of being so weak and sick. It worked, so yes she brings me joy, because she help bring braveman back to me.

Glojer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glojer For This Useful Post:
bluelakelady (04-04-2011)
Old 04-05-2011, 06:39 AM   #19
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

greetings,
thank you for taking the time to speak of your loves and joy. i very much enjoyed reading the brighter side of life we often forget is there. so many reasons to smile and i have smiled reading each of your notes.
peace and beauty, love and joy,
blue

The following user gives a hug of support to bluelakelady:
kirstee (04-05-2011)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
Glojer (04-05-2011), Pammyann (04-05-2011)
Old 04-05-2011, 03:07 PM   #20
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Thank you Blue for reminding us and giving us the opportunity to think about all those wonderful things in our life.

Glojer

The Following User Says Thank You to Glojer For This Useful Post:
bluelakelady (04-06-2011)
Old 04-06-2011, 07:04 AM   #21
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User

It's not always easy to think positive when your sick all the time, but you made it easy for us with this post. And we need that. Thanks from me too...

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: neveragain444
bluelakelady (04-06-2011)
Old 04-06-2011, 07:14 AM   #22
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

you are most welcome my friends. that was the whole idea of the thread. we get lost sometimes and reminding ourselves of the good things is healthy and healing for the mind. the body is what it is. the mind tho is open territory we can fill with what we choose.
peace,
blue

The following user gives a hug of support to bluelakelady:
tooolgrl (04-11-2011)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
caribear (04-06-2011), Ishla (04-11-2011), Pammyann (04-06-2011)
Old 04-10-2011, 12:53 PM   #23
(female)

TessaAnne HB UserTessaAnne HB UserTessaAnne HB UserTessaAnne HB UserTessaAnne HB UserTessaAnne HB User

I love being warm. I love sleep. I love looking at the squirrels and scrub jays jockeying for the peanuts my hubby put along the fence. I love seeing a beautiful peach rose on a vine growing up the neighbors tree(gotta get hubby to get a picture of it). I love seeing the mourning doves and little birds getting the seeds from the birdfeeder. I love sitting in the warm sunshine. I love reading bluelakelady's and tooolgirl's and Themartinfarms posts. Blue must have been a writer in another life. Enough for now, must go turn the heater on , am almost shivering.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TessaAnne For This Useful Post:
bluelakelady (04-11-2011), tooolgrl (04-11-2011)
Old 04-11-2011, 07:59 AM   #24
(female)

Ishla HB User

Most days it's really difficult to come up with something, but my greatest current joy is that:

This July, my wonderful Son and Daughter-in-law are giving me my very first
Grand Child!! Now who couldn't find pure radiant joy in that!??!!

Oh, and any time I can move safely enough, and find a place where I can get close enough to the water.... I love to fish. But only for small little sun fish.. I don't think I can handle a big fighting bass!! Ha ha

And yeah.. Walmart!! The closest one is 30 miles, but I can shop at 2am if I need to. That is a godsend.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ishla For This Useful Post:
bluelakelady (04-11-2011)
Old 04-11-2011, 10:50 AM   #25
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

I love being alive!! Every day is a gift of blessings to be cherished. And I love all of you xoxo...
Peace
Sandra

Old 04-11-2011, 01:05 PM   #26
Senior Veteran
(female)

I love the amazing surprise of spring, when so many blooms suddenly show up and you realize how wonderous nature is.
I love the taste of a fountain coke.
I love talking to my friend on the phone for hours.....giggle!
I love listening to braveman laughing at something on the TV at night after I have gone to bed.

I think it is wonderful, that we can keep finding so many things that we love and get joy from. A couple more.

I feel joy when the 2yr. old grandson picks up a pollen fuzzy from a plant and says, spider grammy a spider. It doesn't matter about allergies, it's a spider to him.
And my heart just melts with joy when the 8yr. old comes over and climbs on my lap and lays his head back against my shoulder and watches TV and suddenly says, I love you grammy.

Glojer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glojer For This Useful Post:
bluelakelady (04-11-2011)
Old 04-16-2011, 08:19 AM   #27
Senior Veteran
(female)

I have 4 baby yorkies born sunday, they are so cute, look just like rotweillers.

Last edited by neveragain444; 04-16-2011 at 08:19 AM.

Old 04-16-2011, 08:22 AM   #28
Facilitator
(female)

congradulations!! puppies are so cute! thank you for sharing their birth with us all.
peace,
blue

Old 04-16-2011, 01:44 PM   #29
Senior Veteran
(female)

Oh puppies they are so cute, so happy for you.

Old 04-17-2011, 04:31 PM   #30
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

What I love today is my son Jake and my grandson Ashton coming to see me. I made Ashton his favorite, cheese stuffed shells. He told me "Grammie, these are the best, how do you make them so good?" I told him, just love babe. His hugs and love make all the cares in my life disappear. I'm so grateful for him. And having my adult son here, who is very loving and protective of me sit and just let me dump my week on him and just say all the right things made me cry. Family IS everything. It's all I need...just wanted to share some good stuff. I'm at peace. xoxo
Peace and love
Sandra

Closed Thread