It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2011, 07:46 AM   #1
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
what do you love? what brings you joy?

Gentle greetings dear friends old and new,
I was thinking yesterday about all the things I love. I think a lot, giggle, hey I have the time! The things I love doing as this new me. Tho I have had fibro for quite a few years I realize there is so much of my life I would not be experiencing if I had stayed healthy.
I love rain. I can go play in it whenever I want.
I love all seasons. I have time to really watch them.
I love time with family and friends. They are so gentle now.
I love being so connected to my body. I can help her better this way.
I love painting and carving and creating and gardening. I have time to do it.
Flowers delight me. People fascinate me. The body human blows my mind!
So I was thinking, what do you love? What brings you joy in every day?
We get so lost in the quagmire of our bodies health I think we often overlook the silver linings in life. So here I am asking you all, what brings you peace, joy, fulfillment, laughter?
I read this and realize I barely touched the tip of what I feel. I am happy I live as I am and have all you wonderful people to share time with.
Peace,
bluelakelady

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: bluelakelady
caribear (03-29-2011), WoodsWalker (03-29-2011)
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
caribear (03-29-2011), fireflyfields (03-29-2011), Glojer (03-29-2011), kirstee (03-31-2011), mgm55 (03-31-2011), tooolgrl (03-29-2011), WoodsWalker (03-29-2011)
Old 03-29-2011, 08:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User
Re: what do you love? what brings you joy?

Laughter definetly.. Picking on someone, being annoying, pulling pranks, acting goofy, it's always fun..

Sitting outside of the night when the weather is nice, listening to the water in the creek, the birds singing, frogs chirping.

When the sky is full of stars, laying down on a blanket, and gazing up at them.

Ashton Kutcher

My friends

My family, which bothers me when I don't see much of them, so it's really nice when I get to

My kids .. even if they are mean to me

My computer

Meeting a guy so cute, he knocks you off your feet. lolll

Shopping at the mall

The holidays, or family reunions, because sometimes that is the only time I get to see my family

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neveragain444 For This Useful Post:
bluelakelady (03-29-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2011, 08:23 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

Family. friends. laughter. our earth mother. the sea. the mountains. my critters. my life...water...coffee...chocolate teddy grahams
lest I forget the biggest one of all...LOVE

Last edited by tooolgrl; 03-29-2011 at 08:24 AM.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tooolgrl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2011, 08:50 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

WoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB UserWoodsWalker HB User
Thumbs up Re: what do you love? what brings you joy?

What a wonderful exercise in focusing on the good in our lives. that we so easily overlook every day during the little and big flares.

I love....

My husband for being so patient and understanding when I feel like crap more than I don't

The woods, with all it's smells and sounds.

Ending a hike with the reward of a thundering waterfall in the middle

A thunderstorm at night, lightening used to scare me. Now I find it fascinating and somehow comforting.

My burnin' and carvin' , I can get lost in those for hours. Creativity takes your mind away from all the pain and worries

Springtime (if it ever gets here for good) and Autumn...my favorite times in the woods camping, hiking and relaxing.

Upon reading my little list over, guess I could say I love Nature and all it offers.

I love my dogs for all the love, slobbery kisses, laughs and for getting me off my butt and walking regardless of how I feel.

Sitting by a fire outside with good friends and family. Nothing get a deep conversation like this going like sitting by a fire (except for blue of course)

The Following User Says Thank You to WoodsWalker For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2011, 09:06 AM   #5
(female)

brooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB Userbrooklyngirl HB User

Seeing my little boys (ages 1 and 3) smiling and playing makes everything else seem very far away and knowing I was able to do something that caused the smile is wonderful because I have a hard time getting down on the floor to play with them but I try to a few nights every week. They make everything I do worthwhile, like my crappy job and doctor appointments, are to keep me going for them.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brooklyngirl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2011, 09:11 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

Excellent thread Blue, the more we focus on the positive aspects of our lives the better and less pain we all feel..Happiness is a much more feel good thing than misery...and who wants to have frown lines?? xoxo

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tooolgrl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2011, 10:35 AM   #7
(female)

caribear HB Usercaribear HB Usercaribear HB Usercaribear HB Usercaribear HB Usercaribear HB Usercaribear HB Usercaribear HB Usercaribear HB Usercaribear HB Usercaribear HB User

Thank you so much for starting this thread, blue. It is very important to remember this kind of thing, and that there is plenty to be thankful for even when you feel like you're at the bottom of the pit. I've been thinking a lot about this lately too. So here's my list:

My son - the way he laughs when he thinks something is really really funny, how he likes to tickle me out of the blue, and how it feels when he wraps his arms around my neck, pats my back with his little hand and says "aww, mommy." <3

My boyfriend - how he listens without judging, picks up my slack without complaining, and still has enough energy to let me know he loves me every day.

My mom - her advice, her words of comfort, her unwavering support.

My garden - the miracle of planting a tiny seed and watch it grow into a living thing that will provide food for my family later this year

The sound of my wind chimes on my front porch

Cool wet grass on a summer evening, when the fireflies are beginning to come out to dance

Life itself - sometimes the beauty of life just overwhelms me, fills me with joy and makes me want to sing

Giving love to others - I have plenty of it to go around, and when you spread it to others it multiplies. Even if it's something small, I try to do one thoughtful thing for someone else every day. It's especially fulfilling for me when that someone is a stranger. You never know how your actions can change that person's day

That's my list as of right now, I'm sure I'll think of plenty more things later.

Psalm 71:14 - But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caribear For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2011, 06:00 AM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

thank you all for your replies.
i very much enjoyed reading each one. i see a common thread in your replies. it is the little things we love that bring us joy.
there is always a reason to smile and giggle and be delighted we are here, alive and aware. thank you so very much for sharing.
peace,
blue

The following user gives a hug of support to bluelakelady:
caribear (03-30-2011)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
caribear (03-30-2011), Pammyann (03-30-2011)
Old 03-30-2011, 06:46 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB User

Great Idea for this!

In no particular order:

My wonderful, supportive husband of 30+ years.
My beautiful 4 children, three are grown and have turned into lovely talented young women!
My beautiful grandson!
My three dachshunds who make me smile and love to cuddle!
All my wonderful friends!
My Faith!
My travels!
My job which pays the bills
And anything else I may have forgotten!

Pam

Last edited by Pammyann; 03-30-2011 at 06:47 AM.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pammyann For This Useful Post:
bluelakelady (03-30-2011)
Old 03-30-2011, 01:06 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

There are many things that bring me joy and many things I love. These are but a few.

My beautiful grandsons
My wonderful Children
Braveman
The Love of my family
My puppy sleeping curled up on the sofa
Sunshine
The color red
The sweet sound of my grandsons voice when they call me
The sounds of Laughter
Helping others

This was a great idea Blue, it makes you realize how many wonderful things are in our lives everyday.

Glojer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Glojer For This Useful Post:
bluelakelady (03-30-2011), Pammyann (03-30-2011)
Old 03-31-2011, 04:57 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User
Wink Re: what do you love? what brings you joy?

Wow! There is much to appreciate, but here are a few:

My incredible man - we've been married for 42 years. It seems like yesterday. Actually, we don't look quite as buff and cute, but oh well.

My children who are a source of inspiration. Wish they'd get married and have some grand kids for us to admire.

My cute little Schnauzers curled up in a ball at the bottom of our bed.

The majesty of the San Juan Mountains, loaded with snow that I see every day.

The birds singing, now that Spring is here.

My garden which is loaded with loveliness, and the veggies which will come a little later.

Incredible friends who we laugh and play with. Our ATV plays a large part of the fun!

My beautiful Lord and Saviour who has never deserted me nor left me in my desperate hours.

Walmart.

Love,
Kirstee

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kirstee For This Useful Post:
bluelakelady (04-01-2011)
Old 04-01-2011, 06:06 AM   #12
Facilitator
(female)

just popping in to say kirstee you got me with walmart!! made me laugh!
giggle!
peace,
blue

Old 04-01-2011, 10:30 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

kirstee, spoken like someone who has been married for 42yrs......giggle.....braveman and I have been married 40yrs. I also got a kick out of Walmart.

Glojer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glojer For This Useful Post:
bluelakelady (04-02-2011)
Old 04-02-2011, 05:30 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

kirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB Userkirstee HB User

Blue and Glojer, seriously, Walmart is the only store in town. We live in a little bit of heaven, but stores are not abundant here. If we want something special, we have to truck to Grand Junction which is an hour away. But that's okay, wouldn't have it any other way.

Love you both,
Kirstee

Old 04-03-2011, 03:33 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kirstee, My great aunt and uncle lived in Grand Junction Colorado. That was a long time ago. I have pictures of my grandparents visiting them and how beautiful the scenery was. Hard to believe it is the big city you need to go to, I always thought it was such a remote area the way they described it when I was a little girl.

Glojer

Closed Thread