It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2011, 10:01 AM   #16
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB User
Re: Frustrated

Thanks Tori for the advice!

I was thinking of asking my GP to prescribe a higher dose of Synthroid just to see if it would give me more energy. She listens to me and maybe she would allow the switch to Armour. I have just recently received the name of an endocrinologist who I might see, so I may wait and ask him.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:03 PM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Pammy, Tori did have it backward. Snythroid and levothyroxine and the synthetic meds are all T4 and your body is suppose to convert the T4 into T3. Sometimes that doesn't work so well. Do you get copies of your thyroid blood work? If so you should have TSH and Free T4 and FreeT3 or just T3. You can follow the progress of your meds and what the numbers say. T3 to me is very important, it is what gives me more energy. My now endo didn't hesitate one bit to give me Armour when I ask for it. It is a natural made with pig thyroid. Therefore it has the T4 and T3. However because it is a natural thyroid, sometimes it has more T3 and/or more T4. In other words your numbers could fluctuate more. But that is ok, because it really makes you feel better. You may have to do like I do, I alternate doses, because one dose is too high and the next one down is too low. So I take 120 one day and 90 the next and so on. I have to tell you, that having my thyroid working for me really helps with the fibro and staying on top of it.

Glojer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2011, 04:33 AM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

Hi girls. I really need to get my mom in on this discussion. She just had our NP switch her from levo to Armour. She was having horrible hypo symptoms even though her labs showed normal levels..her hair has been falling out by the buckets and her skin is so dry and her energy level is zilch. She has also gained weight despite her calorie intake. I am so hoping this works for her. I hate to see her golden years being miserable. I don't quite understand the whole T3, T4, and all that. When I was working with cats they would most often be hyperthyroid, and if the labs came back questionable we would send out the Free T4s. But not so up on human testing, it is much more complicated. If one of you could explain it to me in terms I could take to mum that would be greatly appreciated. I hope you start to feel better Tori, there is nothing more frustrating than being on a medication that is supposed to make you feel better, yet doesn't...sending warm hugs and healing energy and sunshine to all my sisters..and brothers
peace and love and healthy thyroids
Sandra

Closed Thread