It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2011, 01:39 AM   #1
(female)

fivepadrons HB User
Burning sensation under the skin

has anybody else had this problem? I had been feeling good for nearly 2 weeks, then all of a sudden on Thur something went wrong! I started out the day ok, but toward the afternoon, nausea set in. Then I just had to go lay down. When evening fell the sensation I felt was like fire just under the first layer of my skin. I could not get comfortable because I just felt so hot. It felt like I had skin fever, if that makes any sense. Is this one of those things thats "just in my head"? I've also started back having the insomnia and pain in my neck among other things. You guys know the pains...

Any feedback is appreciated!

Old 04-16-2011, 09:33 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User
Re: Burning sensation under the skin

hi,
i had to think and think. it was about 14 or 15 years ago i was bothered by that sensation. it lasted a few years and just went away. vague memory of being told it was related to restless leg syndrome, which i was told had a life span of about 10 years. i no longer have any symptoms of restless leg.
hope you feel better soon. glad you got some free time to feel great. love the windows of no symptoms!
peace,
blue
ps nice to see you back again!

Last edited by bluelakelady; 04-16-2011 at 09:50 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
fivepadrons (04-16-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2011, 09:41 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

biogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB User

I burn sometimes. Usually when I am experiencing a rather nasty flare. Right now I am having a terrible time with neuropathy! ugh! Hugs, diane

The Following User Says Thank You to biogirl71 For This Useful Post:
fivepadrons (04-16-2011)
Old 04-16-2011, 09:57 AM   #4
(female)

fivepadrons HB User

Thanks Blue, and biogirl...this dang disease...these dang disorders...they are sooo frustrating! It truly helps to have a community to come to when things aren't going great and also just to be encouraged that I am not alone or crazy! Well, maybe, crazy...but def not alone!

Old 04-16-2011, 02:13 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi sometimes a heating pad might be useful and avoiding extra potassium, relaxing as much as possible.

Are any meds being taken? Some meds such as ibuprofen can cause nausea.

Old 04-18-2011, 12:15 AM   #6
(female)

fivepadrons HB User

I usually don't have nausea problems. Something just was out of whack that day. Also, are you saying that I should try a heating pad for the burning sensations or were you saying that for the nausea?

Old 04-18-2011, 01:00 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB User

I have burning sensation sometimes, kind of like a sunburn feeling. It is nerve pain. I take Lyrica for it. Also I found ice to be a better treatment than heat.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:33 PM   #8
(female)

fivepadrons HB User

Doc responded to my question about it. He said that with Fibro the pain sensors are just out of order basically so new pains can pop up at any time. It's just the nature of the beast...I'm taking cymbalta, but honestly havnt taken any of my meds for nearly a week now. I know, I know...I'm on it...tomorrow. My sis just had a new baby and I'm headed to the hosp. I need to be in good mental shape for all the excitement!

The following user gives a hug of support to fivepadrons:
Pammyann (04-19-2011)
Old 04-20-2011, 08:08 AM   #9
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi Cymbalta can cause some very serious side effects according NIH.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0000274/#a604030-sideEffects

They include stomach pain, yellow eyes, hives swelling of various parts of the body and uncontrollable shaking.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:08 AM   #10
(female)

fivepadrons HB User

Thanks for that. I will keep an eye on it.

The following user gives a hug of support to fivepadrons:
sjb (04-21-2011)
Old 04-21-2011, 06:14 AM   #11
Facilitator
(female)

Hi you are welcome!

Old 04-21-2011, 06:37 AM   #12
(female)

VintageKym HB UserVintageKym HB UserVintageKym HB User

I too have that dang burning sensation under my skin, feels like someone has heated a coin as hot as they can get it and stuck it under the top layer of skin on my right shoulder.

Does yours last for a few days and happens when you notice a really bad fibro flare up?
I am having the burning sensation this week, along with the feeling the bones in my hands and feet are broken.

Sending very gentle hugs your way, and just wanted ya to know you are not alone with this awful burning feeling.

Oh, just wanted to add, that I am 48, and wonder if the horrible flare ups and burning feeling could be made even worse due to peri-Mean-Old-Pause

Old 04-21-2011, 07:52 AM   #13
(female)

fivepadrons HB User

Well, the whole burning sensation is new for me. I've had the tingling and the numbness, but the burning like I had it that day is totally new. It lasted about 4 hours and then I started rubbing cold water bottles across my skin and then it went away. I do think it might be related to a flare because my pain level has risen and been consistently horrible since then. Oh and I'm 38 and started having "flashes" when I was 32. Hot enough to make me sweat and want to come out of my clothes. I don't think I'm close to Mean old pause, but I think it's hormonal dysfunction due to this dysfunctional disease...

Old 04-21-2011, 08:05 AM   #14
Facilitator
(female)

Hi it might be helpful as soon as the sensation begins to relax that area as much as possible. If an area is say in the shoulder to let the hand hang down from the shoulder as much as possible.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:32 AM   #15
(female)

fivepadrons HB User

I think you are right about relaxation...I used relaxation techniques during labor at home and gave birth to all my kiddos with no pain meds at home with a midwife. Since then I have tried to help all my friends in labor with relaxation methods and they have all said that it worked for them.

Closed Thread