It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2011, 07:38 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User
Heel pain

Well I am finally able to post, been having lots of problems with this new lap top.

I hope everyone has been feeling great. (with Fm, what a joke)

I quit smoking 10 months ago and gained 20 pounds. yikes. After walking for awhile my heels ache, I have got this once in awhile before but now ouchie.

Is this a fm thing?? When I walk the morning after my heels really hurt with those first 20 or so steps and than I am fine around the house but oh those walks.

Searching the internet I am thinking fascititis but hope not I enjoy my mile walk every day.

BTW, my husband lost 5 pounds since we are walking, I lost nonethis is not fair.

Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Last edited by pa235; 04-29-2011 at 07:40 AM.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User
Re: Heel pain

Hi there..it is definitely a FM thing, I get it off and on, but I used to get it really bad all the time. No matter what I did or what I wore on my feet. I am one who likes to be barefoot all year round and usually am. I don't know what it is but I do know it hurts like crazy. I think the neurontin helped with my heel pain. Good luck.
peace
Sandra

The Following User Says Thank You to tooolgrl For This Useful Post:
pa235 (04-29-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2011, 08:39 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi linda,
try the shoe inserts for facitis. my brother used them and they helped it heal. giggle, his heel healed. anyway if it is that it does heal in time. as for it being a fibro thing, i have no idea. my feet are one of the few places that don't hurt, knock on wood!
i am so proud of you for qitting smoking. it's a hard one. try those inserts and see if they help you, gotta lose those smoke free lbs. 20 is not bad tho for quitting smokes.
dang husbands, giggle!
drink more water. when i quit i drank water every time i thought i was hungry or just needed the hand to mouth fix. peed alot but did not gain weight.
i am so happy you are back. gonna smile all day while i dance around the yard and freak out the neighbors, giggle, again!
peace,
blue

Old 04-29-2011, 09:10 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Using those heel pads and just bought a expensive pair of sneakers, feel like you are walking on air, so much padding in them. Maybe just old feet like the rest of this bode.

Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis

Old 04-29-2011, 09:26 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Glojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB UserGlojer HB User

Hi Linda, I was going to say the heel pain is not fibro. I had that same heel pain and it was plantar fasciitis. You should never walk barefoot and you should have a shoe with a heel on it to walk in. I am sure you take your walk in tennis shoes. Icing your heel will help the swelling. The shoe inserts are a good idea. I cannot use the OTC ones, I have to get mine from the podiatrist. I have some special made and then their is the generic ones he has at his office. They all have a little dip in them under the heal, not the raised padded place most OTC ones have. I can't use those, that little pad pushes up into my heal and causes pain. If you use the OTC ones and that little pad under your heal helps, then I would say it could just be FM and not fasciitis. Good Luck, nothing is worse that foot pain. Having surgery was the best thing ever for my foot.

Oh just remembers, there is also a strap or fasciitis brace like thing you can get to put around your arch and that helps a lot.

Glojer

The Following User Says Thank You to Glojer For This Useful Post:
pa235 (04-29-2011)
Old 04-29-2011, 10:44 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

monalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB User

Congrats on... (stopping smoking!)..I also quit smoking as of yesterday is 9weeks..i also have put some weight on and am trying to lose it..uggg!...as for the heel pain, yes mine hurts too.. my right heel on the left side, Ive come to find when my lower back an into my butt area is tight it will hurt sooo bad! so you can rub that area or have your hubby rub it for you. hope that's all it is....keep up on the walking..and you'll be able to lose some weight im sure... i do light weights and my stair stepper.....mon-fri...

Hugs Monalisa..

The Following User Says Thank You to monalisa24 For This Useful Post:
pa235 (04-29-2011)
Old 05-03-2011, 01:40 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB UserPammyann HB User

Congrats on quitting smoking! I had plantar facscititis before and its painful. I was told not to quit exercising. Wear shoes with good supports and yes icing afterwards is a good thing. Also, take a water bottle and freeze it and roll your feet over it after walking. You can also use a rolling pin if you want. It helps to stretch out the bottom of the feet. One thing about it is that it takes awhile to correct, but keep at it and you should feel better.

The following user gives a hug of support to Pammyann:
pa235 (05-03-2011)
Old 05-03-2011, 04:37 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

That is what I am doing, before and after walking , I froze a bottle of water and it really is helping Strange I don't mind the pain when walking, but sometimes run into a nerghbor and stand and talk, than they hurt or when I sit for awhile or lay and go to get up, ouchie. but it is getting much better. I read on the internet to stop walking and rest the heels but I am not.

Thanks, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis

Old 05-04-2011, 01:56 AM   #9
(male)

velivolus HB User

I'm susceptible to heel pain. At the period when it was worst, I got orthotics made, and I would say that since I began using orthotics the pain has never been so bad as it was before. (My orthotics are now many years past the date they were supposed to be replaced with new ones but I still use them and they still help.) The only exception to this was when I bought a new pair of shoes with which I could not use the orthotics--I soon began having terrible cramps in my feet which eventually made walking anywhere impossible. So I had to stop wearing those shoes altogether and get another pair.

I do still have heel pain "episodes" on and off--awhile back I was experiencing a burning pain in one heel every time I bent over to pick anything up, but that seems to have stopped now, fortunately.

But over all I think the orthotics have been beneficial, so that is one option to consider. There are also certain stretching exercises that can help with heel pain which you could try, like calf stretches. Any stretching exercise recommended for "plantar fascitis" should target the right areas.

Last edited by velivolus; 05-04-2011 at 02:05 AM.

Closed Thread