It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2011, 10:24 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User
really sore after taking a shower arrrrg

I dunno why when i take showers i am in so much pain. Shortly after my back was killing me, then my left arm was aching my upper shoulder the middle my hands wrist and my back in the middle my upper shoulder blades. does anyone else feel like this?

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: SnowBunny89
angelwings54 (06-12-2011), caribear (05-02-2011)
Old 05-02-2011, 07:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User
Re: really sore after taking a shower arrrrg

If I am in a flare, which when aren't we, the shower actually feels like it is causing more pain. If I have the chest wall pain the shower makes my chest hurt more.

When you are showering you are moving your arms, legs, back etc so the movement can cause pain.

Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2011, 10:46 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB UserSnowBunny89 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pa235 View Post
If I am in a flare, which when aren't we, the shower actually feels like it is causing more pain. If I have the chest wall pain the shower makes my chest hurt more.

When you are showering you are moving your arms, legs, back etc so the movement can cause pain.

Hugs, Linda
when i take a shower my back kills me just i hurt everywhere taking a shower actually causes a flare for me. and your right we are moving our backs, legs etc. i mean it's pretty sad when you can not take a shower and having a flare after.

Old 06-12-2011, 05:04 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

neveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB Userneveragain444 HB User

I saw this online and remembered this post of yours. Thought you might like to know about it.

Heat sensitivity (the appearance or worsening of symptoms when exposed to heat, like a hot shower) occurs in most people with MS.

Old 06-12-2011, 06:27 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

You know, hot showers help me, but right at the beginning of summer (first truly hot weather), I always seem to have a bad flare.

Interesting discussion.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:47 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

biogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB User

Hot showers help me, too. Spring and fall are when I feel the best. Cold weather makes me hurt worse while hot weather makes me sick (nausea) and tired. Here in east TN, we skipped Spring for some reason. Bummer. Stormy weather makes me hurt, too! ugh!

Old 06-13-2011, 03:57 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

I cannot take super hot showers any more. I am really sensitive to heat, and since I am perimenopausal I tend to take my showers on the cooler side of warm. I am sensitive to extreme temps either way..

Old 06-13-2011, 08:55 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Everytime I take a shower i'm freaking sore and exhausted I can't NOT take a shower ever again. LOL The water is usually really hot maybe that could be it. But when I take a shower then I flare up.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:05 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

During summer/pollen season, I find that hot showers cause my asthma to act up, so I've found ways to get clean with minimal actual showering.

I turn the fan way up to avoid steaming the bathroom, and leave the bathroom door open if I'm alone. Then I turn on the water just for a minute. Then I turn it off and wash myself, then I turn it back on just to rinse. I keep it lukewarm rather than hot.

Hey presto, clean without being steamed like a lobster.

Old 08-05-2011, 07:55 PM   #10
(female)

nmiethig HB User

I have had problems with having showers. I always end up in more pain after my showers then before. It is ntot the heat it is the standing and holding my arms up to wash my hair and body.

Old 08-07-2011, 03:28 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

fibrostuff HB User

I love taking showers but now I associate them with pain.

Old 08-08-2011, 12:32 PM   #12
(female)

TessaAnne HB UserTessaAnne HB UserTessaAnne HB UserTessaAnne HB UserTessaAnne HB UserTessaAnne HB User

Get some kind of chair or stool to sit on while showering-of course you have to stand to reach the nether regions-but at least you'll have something to rest on. Also, a hand held-showerhead is very helpfull. I dread having to get into the shower but I usually feel much better after I get it over with.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:00 PM   #13
(female)

chicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB Userchicabella HB User

I just take baths now. I get in when it's lukewarm and add increasingly hot water. Have to take showers to wash my hair though, so unfortunately a consequence of this illness is that I don't wash my hair every day.

We bought an outdoor hot tub for me, and it has been making me nauseated. I think it's too hot outside so haven't used it much yet.

Biogirl, I flare when a storm is coming too.

Closed Thread