It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2011, 02:17 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User
in a flare and colonostopy!!!!

I am in a maga flare, I think it is because I am having my colonostopy done tomorrow and have am having so much anxiety. I am schelduled for 11:30 for the procedure. I wish I could stay calm because anxiety always flares me. think of me and now I am off to drink:eek the great tasting, fulfilling prep, yuck.

Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Last edited by pa235; 05-04-2011 at 02:18 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to pa235:
monalisa24 (05-05-2011)
Old 05-04-2011, 04:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User
Re: in a flare and colonostopy!!!!

Hey Linda! Sorry you feel so crappy (pun intended, lolol).
You'll do fine, the worst part is the prep. They gave me great drugs when I had mine done it wasn't uncomfortable at all. Sending you warm hugs and soft breezes to calm your nerves and relieve your pain. Will be thinking of you tomorrow. xoxo
Peace and love
Sandra (queen of the poop talk)

The Following User Says Thank You to tooolgrl For This Useful Post:
pa235 (05-04-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2011, 04:41 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

biogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB User

I had one last year since my mom since colon cancer runs in my family. The prep sucked, but the actual procedure was a breeze. Don't remember a thing. Also, the drugs they gave me killed my pain all day long! WOW the only pain free day I have had in over a year. Good luck, it will be over before you know it!! hugs, Diane

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: biogirl71
pa235 (05-05-2011)
Old 05-05-2011, 06:06 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi linda,
almost time for your photo shoot. giggle. hey, a flare along with a procedure gets them both over at the same time! got your a and d ointment? you will be tired after but maybe the anesthesia will break the flare cycle. it usually does for me.
take deep breaths and relax. it's just a camera up your arse girl! giggle. smile pretty for the camera! giggle. have a nice nap. you earned it. nobody can say you are full of it today!!!!!
peace and shared love,
blue

Old 05-06-2011, 08:11 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Well I am a happy camper, i don't need another colon done for 5 years. I only had one polyp and that was the one that was starting 3 years ago. If anyone needs a colon and they are given a prep for moviprep ask for something different. it is awful, tastes awful but they all do. I had so much pain in the upper and lower abdominal area from it, was light headed and felt terrible. Never had this with the other preps. The anesthesia helped with the flare so that weas a plus also.

Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis

Old 05-06-2011, 08:16 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

glad you got a 5 year break! yea! i tried the moviprep and barfed it all up. had to cancel and reshedule. nasty stuff! by the time i got in to see the doc to do it again he had a new way and it was so easy. no pain, no sweats. just buckets of poo. giggle.
doing my happy dance for you today!
peace and shared love,
blue

Old 05-06-2011, 09:59 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

My first colon they gave me magnisium citrate, otc, less than $2 a bottle, had to drink two and mixed it with flat lemon lime soda, was not really bad tasting and did its job. All of a sudden the prep scripts came out so the gastro's are using them.

Just keep smiling and dancing.

Hugs Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis

Closed Thread