It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Fibromyalgia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2011, 07:33 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

biogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB User
Giving up control....

Hello all!!

I have a doctor appt. today with the ND (naturopathic doc) today at the pain clinic. (I have 2 docs there...the NP who deals with the meds and an ND who deals with diet, supplements, lifestyle changes, etx....it is a very good set up). So....

I am struggling with pain something awful. I have not really told them (either doc) the extent of it. What I kept hoping was that the diet and exercise etx would kick in and I could get off the opiates and would live happily ever after. Thus, I have not asked for an increase in my pain meds (I am worried about tolerance more than addiction... I accept that I am dependent on them and other meds for this/AND I am afraid that they will think I am a drug seeker). I am also afraid that they will put me on something like neurontin or lyrica. I react strongly to many meds and have had some very bad experiences. I am not saying that I am right in this, but is IS how I feel. So, I have been trying to follow the diet and all and struggle daily with inadequate pain control. Sometimes, I take tramadol which was prescribed to me by an ER doc (I also have some from a doc in the box) over a year ago (both before I started the pain clinic). Last appt. I was drug tested. I did not mind. Later, I realized that the tramadol may show up. I guess I could be discharged for it. Dunno?? But, if confronted, I will just tell the truth. What will be happen will happen. I would have told the NP that I took it to begin with if I had thought of it. O well.

Anyway, my hubby says to me "TIME TO COME CLEAN WITH THEM ABOUT THE LEVEL OF PAIN!!) So, it is time to quit trying to deal with it and put my trust in the docs. Not an easy feat when I have been treated so poorly by other docs over the pain meds and the history of reactions that I have had to many medications. SIGH. I am tired of fighting. I do not deserve to be in pain if there is help. My hubby is going to meet the ND today with me. He is affected by this as well as he is the one who deals me when I am crying in pain. Will let you all know how it goes. The appt. is at 4pm. Love you guys, Diane xoxo

The following 5 users give hugs of support to: biogirl71
bluelakelady (05-05-2011), caribear (05-05-2011), catkaru (05-05-2011), monalisa24 (05-05-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2011, 07:54 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User
Re: Giving up control....

Diane, I love you. You know that. I agree with hubby. I stopped taking the percocets a while back. Wanted to kick my opiate habit. Pain, oh yes. Scale of 1-10? 100, I am not kidding. Does the opiate habit make the pain worse? Probably. Can I function in the world outside my home without these meds? I think not. And I do not feel like a failure, nor do I feel that I am not worthy of taking these meds to alleviate my pain and allow me to be with my peers and be a part of society. I need to work, full time. I cannot do that without taking these opiates. Come clean with them. If they think you are a drug addict, well aren't we all??? I am so grateful I only have a NP, and she is so understanding of my pain and my life struggles..she was supportive of me when I kicked the percs. AND she is supportive of me as I cannot kick the habit at this time in my life..I could stop taking them, and I could I suppose deal with the pain that I have without them. I would be miserable, those around me would be miserable. I choose not to be miserable. Please tell them about your pain, don't hide it. If you need to increase your dose to be comfortable please let them guide you to do it. Don't be in pain, you don't have to be. Dealing with this fibro monster is many layered. Diet and exercise helps. Medication helps. Meditation and looking inside yourself helps..Doing things that make you happy helps. Please do this, you will be happier when you aren't in so much pain....I am rooting for you sista..love you tons...xoxoxo
peace and love and big warm hugs
Sandra

Old 05-05-2011, 07:58 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

biogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB Userbiogirl71 HB User

Thank you, Sandra. I really needed that. I need help with the pain BAD. Do I take more meds than prescribed?? Sometimes. Do I take a med not prescribed by the pain clinic? Sometimes. (But not illegally, I had Rx before I started clinic). I HAVE to do something. I am in agony today so at least they will see that. I am very tearful and upset today and your reply means the world to me. Thank you. xoxo love, Diane

Old 05-05-2011, 08:02 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB Usertooolgrl HB User

You are very welcome. I care..And don't feel badly if you take a drug not prescribed for you or not in your regimen according to the pain med nazis. I smoke weed when I can get it for the pain. I also have bottles of tramadol here I ordered while I was vet teching. If I need it I take it. I am not going to let pain control my life. And I know you won't either..those who love you want you to feel good. And remember animals feed off of negative energy as well. You don't need that for your crew..let me know how you do today. I am with you in spirit..Go kick some butt!!! love you lots
Sandra

The following user gives a hug of support to tooolgrl:
biogirl71 (05-05-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to tooolgrl For This Useful Post:
biogirl71 (05-05-2011)
Old 05-05-2011, 08:18 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

hi diane,
how about we say you are choosing to share responsibilty for your health. you are inviting doctors in to assist you in your quest for a more productive comfortable body. you are still the top boss of your body. they are assistants only. the final decision about what goes in your body is still yours. you can say no to anything you don't like the idea of. you will always be the one in control of your body and your health. trust me, nobody else is. just you!
peace,
blue

The following user gives a hug of support to bluelakelady:
biogirl71 (05-05-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to bluelakelady For This Useful Post:
biogirl71 (05-05-2011)
Old 05-05-2011, 09:21 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sandra and Blue, love you both so much! Thanks! Dr office called and wants me to come in at 2 instead of 4. I am off today so I am getting it over with sooner!! let yall know!!

Old 05-05-2011, 09:45 AM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

bluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB Userbluelakelady HB User

anytime little sister. will check in tomorrow and see how things went for you.
peace and bunny hugs,
blue

Old 05-05-2011, 10:34 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

monalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB Usermonalisa24 HB User

Amen Sandra............

Old 05-06-2011, 10:51 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

thefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB Userthefarm HB User

Good Luck with your appt! ♥
Back injury~ 2005
Severe Degenerative Disk, Arthritis, Mild Scoliosis.
Fibromyalgia diagnosed 2009
Neuropathy
Migraines?

Closed Thread